Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Live Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Another Hits Tour 2020? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63065)

The Crow 20-06-2019 15:32

Another Hits Tour 2021?

It's plausible they may do another Singles Night/GH again but personally it would not hold much weight. They may play some 4/5 songs off KYE would be so funny due to its re-release.

2002 & 2011 saw different sets but literally similar barring the quantity etc

Maybe in November or December?

Lee 20-06-2019 16:10

Where’s this come from? Have they said something about it?

LA ex 20-06-2019 17:01

Would be a bit strange to do another singles tour/show, unless there's another greatest hits album in the work.

But there's only been three albums since National Treasures - there had been four between Forever Delayed and National Treasures (along with plenty of singles that hadn't made it onto Forever Delayed).

Unless it'll be a Story of the Clash type compilation featuring noteworthy album tracks and b-sides.

almostfamous 20-06-2019 17:36

Greatest Hits tour next year? No chance, they'll be too busy celebrating PFAYM 10th anniversary.... Album played in full with remastered deluxe box set with all the trimmings accompanied by a retrospective two hour in depth documentary looking into the making of their seminal 2010 masterpiece.

(Tee hee, chortle).

IntlDebris 20-06-2019 17:39

Did I read that there's something in their contract that means Sony want a 'best of' every ten years or something? I mean, if we get one in 2021/2022 I'm sure it'll be the last - I can't see physical sales mattering much in the 2030s - but it only feels like yesterday that National Treasures came out.

Son of Stopped 20-06-2019 18:31

But are they still signed to Sony? I've read they signed to a new label and RIF was either the first, and I'm sure I also read RIF was their last album for Epic? Which is Sony obviously.
Would try and make one show. But would be more enthused about new album than another compilation. I'll buy either and even a Lipstick Traces Part Two if they aren't going to deluxe everything they haven't already deluxed..

Dancing Kirby 20-06-2019 20:39

It was reported over a year ago that they’ve signed a new deal with Warner, including confirmation from Warner itself, but it really doesn’t feel like they’ve left Sony.

http://uk.warnerchappell.com/news-details/679

UEF 20-06-2019 22:21

Lifeblood and KYE haven’t had the demo treatment, both of those would be cool to listen to

Routine Builder 20-06-2019 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2679555)
It was reported over a year ago that they’ve signed a new deal with Warner, including confirmation from Warner itself, but it really doesn’t feel like they’ve left Sony.

I think RiF is the last Sony album, Rob Stringer was bigging it up prior to its release so it's most likely one of theirs. I imagine with the next new release it will be more Warner....

IntlDebris 21-06-2019 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2679552)
But are they still signed to Sony?

That won't stop Sony putting out a compilation based on the catalogue that they own, of course.

The Crow 21-06-2019 10:11

I mean don't forget the NT was just a one off night not a tour while the one in at the end of 2002 was a full tour of about 12 dates

Mikko 21-06-2019 11:00

They made a publishing deal with Warner, which is different than a record deal. I seem to remember they renewed their record deal with Sony a few years back.

Wouldn't mind them going indie, though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2679555)

sculptureofabloke 21-06-2019 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2679550)
Did I read that there's something in their contract that means Sony want a 'best of' every ten years or something? I mean, if we get one in 2021/2022 I'm sure it'll be the last - I can't see physical sales mattering much in the 2030s - but it only feels like yesterday that National Treasures came out.

No idea about that but kinda makes sense. Although I'd argue it makes sense to say a "best of" every 4 or 5 albums rather than every 10 years. National Treasures doesn't feel like 8 years ago, wow..

I remember thinking at the time when Forever Delayed came out that 6 albums was quite ample for a best of, been plenty of bands put out best ofs with less. If there's going to be another best of to include the last three albums, I can't see many people buying it besides completists. If there is going to be another best of I hope it is a best of rather than a greatest hits or singles compilation along the lines of Blur's Midlife and Suede's Best Of. Both going beyond singles and chucking a few less obvious tracks into the mix. But how much demand would there be for that from Manics? Difference being Blur and Suede were both on the comeback trail and Manics have never had that.

No idea where they are as far as new material goes but would expect that one way or another they'll do a few festivals next year at the very least. If there isn't a new album, a Past Present and Future style tour would be brilliant, I'd hoped the anniversary tours might've given em an appetite to play stuff they've not done for ages or even at all in case of I'm Not Working and Be Natural, we'll see now that they're probably done with em..

blackflower 21-06-2019 15:06

A B-sides and rarities tour would be amazing. I'd much prefer that to a hits tour. But what I want most of all is Lifeblood played in full. So I am doomed to disappointment!

Routine Builder 21-06-2019 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2679550)
- but it only feels like yesterday that National Treasures came out.

Well they've released only three albums since then (not including the four re'releases...). I can't see them doing a tour to be honest especially after the recent album tours which covered their better singles....