Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Japanese Bonus tracks (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62758)

WILKA 27-05-2018 15:41

Can I play please?

Phil C 28-06-2018 16:36

I've heard all the extra tracks except 'Mirror Gaze', frustratingly.

My favourite is definitely 'A Soundtrack For Complete Withdrawal', which is basically the Manics doing Depeche Mode (the 'withdrawal' could even be taken as a drug reference, and the 'tie your blindfold' line sounds like it comes straight out of a DM song). I love the synths - along with 'In Eternity' this is more the sound I expected from 'Futurology' - I'd definitely have put it on RIF, probably in the 'Song For The Sadness' slot.

'Holding Patterns' has a great verse, but the chorus is a little pedestrian. Still better than 'Distant Colours' though, so I'd swap it for that.

'Concrete Fields' isn't one of the very best of the songs Nick has sung but I still like it a lot. Not sure I'd put it on the album but a very decent extra track.

Now, if I could only get hold of Mirror Gaze...

someone, somewhere, soon 29-06-2018 10:07

i've been holding out for an official, international release of the two additional Japanese tracks*, but i'm starting to lose hope now... first time since Lifeblood I haven't opted for the import, and typically this is the first time since Lifeblood the bonus tracks haven't appeared on a subsequent release [/whinge]

unless we get one further single from the album, or i find somewhere where I can buy the tracks individually, i might also have to beg for the two tracks via other means (still nothing for either track up on YouTube etc either) :(

*I know Holding Patterns was on the IB 7", but I'm after something I can have digitally, without the need to physically record it myself!

Frozendiva 29-06-2018 14:18

You could try the popcorn route.

Phil C 30-06-2018 21:03

Actually, popcorn would be good if anyone has any spare and would be kind enough share.

Lee 30-06-2018 22:03

Got a lot of time for popcorn. :)

Phil C 01-07-2018 07:36

Wow - Mirror Gaze is very 70s rock isn't it? I remember listening to RIF with a friend and we were saying that side A sounds very 70s while side B moves on into the 80s. In that sense, MG is very much a side A track while Holding Patterns is more side B.

JamesBean 05-07-2018 20:21

Am I late to the party? Any popcorn left? Thanks in advance

TheUglyLie 18-03-2019 17:14

Will finally be watching Truth & Memory tonight & would be grateful if there was any popcorn left to enjoy with it! :)

Routine Builder 18-03-2019 20:45

Had to factory reset a device and in the process lost all of my popcorn, if any kind soul has some to spare, friendly salutations will be given.

Benpollard 20-10-2019 12:26

Hopefully it’s not too stale now, but I’m hoping someone could share their popcorn with me too?