Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

*Found That Soul* 25-07-2011 12:26

This is quite random but Horses Under Starlight reminds me of the Only Fools And Horses episode when they get rich.

exopotamie 26-07-2011 17:19

This article made me think of Nicky. Still doesn't make it any more excusable though...

*Found That Soul* 28-07-2011 09:55

Just been reading Gold against the soul booklet and it states that Andy Bradfield assisted the mixing on the record. Does anyone know if he is related to James at all?

Cara cathau 29-07-2011 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by exopotamie (Post 2318085)
This article made me think of Nicky. Still doesn't make it any more excusable though...

:lol:

The Gutless Wonder 29-07-2011 07:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Found That Soul* (Post 2318938)
Just been reading Gold against the soul booklet and it states that Andy Bradfield assisted the mixing on the record. Does anyone know if he is related to James at all?

He has an uncle and a cousin (not Sean!) that have played in some band or other I think (sure I've read that somewhere.) But don't think Andy Bradfield is a relation as far as I know!

cricri 10-08-2011 11:12

I've recently got a new habit.
Whenever someone tries to piss me off (and they usually succeed, since I'm quite passionate about things) by saying nasty things about me, I start singing Faster in my head.
But it makes me feel slightly weird, like it's not a nice habit...I end up feeling like Rain Man.

Little Troll 10-08-2011 19:22

Today I saw someone wearing a t shirt saying something like 'Silicon Alley' and I got excited because I thought it said Suicide Alley.

The Gutless Wonder 10-08-2011 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalbertie (Post 2324586)
Today I saw someone wearing a t shirt saying something like 'Silicon Alley' and I got excited because I thought it said Suicide Alley.

I'm terrible for that! Always glancing at peoples tees/hoodies just in case! :D

Deets 10-08-2011 20:25

random AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

from John Niven twitter

@eddychemical @scouserachel @gracedent Back in day Bradfield and I were covert Friends lovers. Had to hide our love away.

@eddychemical @scouserachel @gracedent Also JDB did v good Fun Bobby knock.

(what is a fun bobby knock?)

fedex 10-08-2011 20:49

i went to the tracey emin exhibition in london the other day, and one of her pieces said "people like you need to fuck people like me". this was from before SATT, so i was wondering if anyone knows if the manics lifted the line from her for "underdogs" or whether it is a coincidence..

The Gutless Wonder 10-08-2011 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2324640)
random AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

from John Niven twitter

@eddychemical @scouserachel @gracedent Back in day Bradfield and I were covert Friends lovers. Had to hide our love away.

@eddychemical @scouserachel @gracedent Also JDB did v good Fun Bobby knock.

(what is a fun bobby knock?)

Cute. No idea what the references are about though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedex (Post 2324673)
i went to the tracey emin exhibition in london the other day, and one of her pieces said "people like you need to fuck people like me". this was from before SATT, so i was wondering if anyone knows if the manics lifted the line from her for "underdogs" or whether it is a coincidence..

Probably! :lol:

nic 10-08-2011 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2324684)
Cute. No idea what the references are about though!

:

I think he means James and him were fans of friends but didn't want people knowing.Fun Bobby was in a couple episodes of friends.

The Gutless Wonder 11-08-2011 07:35

Ah! Now I understand! :D

Little Troll 12-08-2011 13:43

My friend pointed out that everytime she comes into the charity shop I work in, I'm hoovering. Nicky would be so proud!

edit: also, motorcycle emptiness was just on Absolute Radio and in the last verse, they cut out the first two lines (the 'drive away and it's the same' ones) and just played the second two - is this on the FD version or is it some weird absolute radio thing?

RoseTintedSpecs 12-08-2011 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalbertie (Post 2325563)
edit: also, motorcycle emptiness was just on Absolute Radio and in the last verse, they cut out the first two lines (the 'drive away and it's the same' ones) and just played the second two - is this on the FD version or is it some weird absolute radio thing?

I think it's the original radio edit of the single; if you watch the official video those lines are cut out as well! It's disappointing cause I'll be there singing along and then end up being out of time because those lines are missing from the radio edit :mad: