Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Son of Stopped 08-02-2017 11:27

And on Twitter a couple of weeks ago Sean said it was a good few weeks (From that date I had late March or early April) before the new studio was up and running. So enjoy the downtime coming to an end.

circle-the-wagons 09-02-2017 03:31

Back to the MASKing tape that holds our lives together...

Zapruder, the first to MASKurbate, the worlds first taste of crucified grace :)

junkymotown 09-02-2017 03:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dac X Lee (Post 2664121)
That's very interesting, debris. Note how after each of that absence the series of new work becomes kinda different from the previous ones. This may be the sign of another new era about to start in their career.

The jazz era? Or maybe MSP go Gospel? Or perhaps the Soca phase?! That would be novel.

Dac X Lee 09-02-2017 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkymotown (Post 2664135)
The jazz era? Or maybe MSP go Gospel? Or perhaps the Soca phase?! That would be novel.

Ehehe. Old or new, I welcome whatever they do. ;)

Son of Stopped 09-02-2017 23:20

I turned over and was half an hour into a repeat of Start Trek, "Spock's Brain" in fact, and I had the TV on mute while listening to the Gate album.
If you focus on Scottie, you can pretend it's a concept video.
At one point, Kirk, Dr. McCoy and Scottie fell down after taking to women at desks.
That really fitted in with "Life Becoming A Landslide".

Another thought is that my ears need cleaning as listening to GATS, SATT and JFPL back to back at times, even in higher volume, it sounded like they had overdubbed someone zipping and unzipping the zip on a plastic coat!

And lastly, how would you feel if the Manics appeared in a music channel programme called "Still Got It" alongside Thomas Dolby, Beverly Knight and Sir Paul McCartney?

But if you've still got MASK Manics stuff, carry on!

junkymotown 10-02-2017 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2664143)
And lastly, how would you feel if the Manics appeared in a music channel programme called "Still Got It" alongside Thomas Dolby, Beverly Knight and Sir Paul McCartney?

Fine, as long as I could mute and blur out McCartney.

Strawberry 10-02-2017 09:23

Today, I saw a car that had JBD on the number plate. So close. :p

Dac X Lee 10-02-2017 10:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2664149)
Today, I saw a car that had JBD on the number plate. So close. :p

Back in the neighborhood where I used to live previously (Jangwi-dong, Seoul), there was a restaurand with JBD in its name and it always made me smile every time. :)

Dac X Lee 13-02-2017 10:59

Temporary forum game:
Let's build an (anti-)love songs playlist for Valentine's Day.

Let's start with the most obvious....

You Love Us

Your turn.

Son of Stopped 13-02-2017 13:26

Love Torn Us Under

Dac X Lee 14-02-2017 00:12

Love's Sweet Exile.

UEF 14-02-2017 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2664111)
It's been 947 days since Futurology was released.
The only times it was longer between studio albums were:
Know Your Enemy - Lifeblood (1324 days)
Postcards From a Young Man - Rewind the Film (1093 days)

... and both of those gaps were punctuated by the release of compilations. If you include those compilations, then we're now in the longest gap between full-length releases in the band's history.

Something I just realised.

TIMT 1998? to KYE 2001? Must be something like that

Edit : 917 days

Nobody 20-02-2017 20:38

Was googling The Chamber and came across this:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/O...ies-house-data

Never heard of this before, can anyone shed some light?

Dac X Lee 21-02-2017 23:54

The guitar in the demo for Black Square really suits this cloudy/rainy pre-spring scenery from the windows of the subway train (doesn't only go underground).

Borderliner 22-02-2017 16:09

Perfect day to listen to Lifeblood