Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

sculptureofabloke 04-05-2017 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2665346)
I really hope the next album is a showcase of technical musicianship and not straight forward melodic fair like PFAYM or SATT. I want to hear solos that sound like they are difficult to play, I want curious word/chorus structures. And a trumpet.

I still can't work em out, think the only thing we can safely guarantee is it won't be like Futurology cos they do have a tendency to run as far from their last album as they can.

I loved SATT when it came out, but with hindsight I think that was as much to do with anticipation as anything and relief that they were actually carrying on as a band cos for a while I was worried that they weren't going to. Since then I've listened to both TGW and IKTZ loads more than SATT. Spent ages wondering what James Nicky were going to bring back to the table from their solo projects, and loads of time since wondering what if. Now that James has done a horror soundtrack (when the fuck was that ever gonna happen?!) I wonder if that's going to influence anything he wants to do with the band, and how responsive Sean and Nicky would be to any ideas he might have. Then again, I wonder if they'll just draw a line and start again...

AK47 04-05-2017 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2665347)
I still can't work em out, think the only thing we can safely guarantee is it won't be like Futurology cos they do have a tendency to run as far from their last album as they can.

I loved SATT when it came out, but with hindsight I think that was as much to do with anticipation as anything and relief that they were actually carrying on as a band cos for a while I was worried that they weren't going to. Since then I've listened to both TGW and IKTZ loads more than SATT. Spent ages wondering what James Nicky were going to bring back to the table from their solo projects, and loads of time since wondering what if. Now that James has done a horror soundtrack (when the fuck was that ever gonna happen?!) I wonder if that's going to influence anything he wants to do with the band, and how responsive Sean and Nicky would be to any ideas he might have. Then again, I wonder if they'll just draw a line and start again...

From what I gather from various comments made by the band in recent months the concensus seems to be on making a big rock record. It could be awesome or it could be the manics playing "safe"

slop101 04-05-2017 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2665348)
From what I gather from various comments made by the band in recent months the concensus seems to be on making a big rock record. It could be awesome or it could be the manics playing "safe"

I'm fine with that, as long as they keep it relatively "raw" and heavy, and not over-produced like Postcards.

AK47 05-05-2017 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 2665353)
I'm fine with that, as long as they keep it relatively "raw" and heavy, and not over-produced like Postcards.

I want something complex yet melodic with the lyrical mindset of TIMTTMY and RTF.

slop101 06-05-2017 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2665359)
I want something complex yet melodic with the lyrical mindset of TIMTTMY and RTF.

I'd like that too. In fact, they can do that and still be "raw/heavy".

jenvidg 06-05-2017 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2665359)

Quote:

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 2665366)
I'd like that too. In fact, they can do that and still be "raw/heavy".

TIMTTMY & RTF style lyrics + heavy yet melodic music = actually the perfect Manics album. Getting goose pimples just from thinking about it.

Borderliner 12-05-2017 12:27

1404 is a gem! James just put all his soul in that song. It's magic.

AK47 12-05-2017 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2665491)
1404 is a gem! James just put all his soul in that song. It's magic.

It's a nice, filler, song to me.

Jayseph 15-05-2017 21:15

Heyday of the blo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ood...

sculptureofabloke 15-05-2017 21:56

Is that everyone from Archives of Pain dead now?

UEF 15-05-2017 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2665584)
Is that everyone from Archives of Pain dead now?

Sutcliffe, Le Pen still alive... don't know about the rest

hummingbird 15-05-2017 22:53

Radio stations please pick up welcome to the deadzone

junkymotown 16-05-2017 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2665585)

Beverley Allitt still alive too...

Borderliner 16-05-2017 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2665585)

Zhirinovsky is alive and kicking

UEF 16-05-2017 08:18

And 'Manic Street Preachers' of course...