Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   1001 Untrue Manics Truths (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63047)

Mr Richey 06-07-2019 18:35

#43 Andy Kaufman created the character of Richey Edwards as a performance project in an attempt to branch out from comedy into music.

Suicide Aldi 06-07-2019 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Richey (Post 2679757)
#43 Andy Kaufman created the character of Richey Edwards as a performance project in an attempt to branch out from comedy into music.

I love this!

Porco 07-07-2019 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven (Post 2679754)
Internally he calls it Return of the Manic

“Top of the world!” :D

#44 (Furty-fur) Everything Must Go album track ‘Further Away’ initially caused controversy and complaints from animal cruelty protestors, who correctly argued it was the 1990s, and no band should be using real fur in any song. The band met up with the protestors and explained of course they wouldn’t do that, they used 100% artificial ‘faux fur’ for every use of ‘fur’ in the song, and they all had a cup of tea and a good laugh about the confusion.

Unfortunately upon the drive home, the protestors, giddy from meeting the band and full of tea and biscuits, didn’t see a large party of foxes, minks and chinchillas on the road...

...until the very last moment, and had to swerve to avoid them, crashing the car. Luckily no-one got hurt.

someone, somewhere, soon 10-07-2019 07:54

#45 'PCP' is a titular nod to Nicky's favourite holiday destination at the time, Penrith Center Parcs.

LA ex 19-07-2019 13:56

#46 Early printings of the album booklet for Forever Delayed had to be scrapped after a typo meant that one single was wrongly titled as "Them Asses Against the Classes"

Suicide Aldi 23-11-2020 22:37

#47 Sean only learned to play the trumpet after he overheard Mike Hedges muttering to himself while recording Kevin Carter that it needed "more trumpet". He misunderstood this to mean that he wanted "Moore trumpet", and so immeadiatly learned the instrument in order to lay down the track. This has happened frequently over the years, including on Horse under starlight, Ocean Spray, The future has been here 4 ever, Show me the wonder, Anthem for a lost cause, As holy as the soil, and 30 year war.

wannagetout 24-11-2020 19:53

#48 Just as James could have been named after a different actor, Sean's parents - big Bond fans- were set to name him Roger Connery.

The Gutless Wonder 25-11-2020 11:40

#49 Back in 2007 Neil Peart wondered who had scribbled all over his newspaper.

Porco 25-11-2020 17:58

Topical additions.

#50 Due to an administrative error / accidentally clicking the wrong autocorrect button in an email, the next Manics tour will be supported by The Vaccines.

#51 COVID-19 tried to infect Sean, but he just told it to get lost and for once it simply had to obey.

#52 Nicky has a had a shed full of toilet rolls since March, ‘just in case’.

#53 James is still not sure if Zoom is or isn’t a real-world, perfected version of Willy Wonka’s Wonkavision, transporting people inside the screen during the call. He has tried contacting Mike Teavee’s agents to confirm or deny, but they are currently ‘out of the office’, a fact which has only resulted in emphasising his existing suspicions it actually is all Wonkavision, after all.

LA ex 25-11-2020 19:07

#54 The lyric "And Brian Warner has a tasty little ass" is inspired by the night that Sean and Nicky went to Marilyn Manson's house for a party and tasted barbequed donkey for the first time

Porco 04-12-2020 10:50

#55 The shortlist of titles for the next album currently include:

• The Carpet Needs Changing
• Home Improvement Accidents
• Facial Hair Experiment
• Dude, Where’s My Fridge?

Suicide Aldi 23-04-2023 13:23

#56 The song Send Away The Tigers originally contained a sample of Tony The Tiger from the Frosties advert saying "they're grrrrreeeeaaat!" over the organ in the intro, but Kelloggs refused to clear the sample.

Son of Stopped 23-04-2023 14:25

#57 As most of the country scratched their heads over the phone alert test. (A quiet buzz on my Tablet. Nothing on my actual phone I carry with me!)
Sean's career as a sound designer for government alerts crumpled into the dust.

LA ex 23-04-2023 17:48

#58 For the past twenty five years Nicky has phoned the Sapporo weather forecast at least twice a day to check whether or not it's still snowing. He's struck up such a strong friendship with the phone operator that they are planning on going on a skiing holiday together later in the year.

counterlanguage 03-05-2023 10:43

#59 Sean Moore is the only human being capable of producing the brown note, using his special flugelhorn. The horn is kept under lock and key for the good of mankind.

#60 When talking about Sean Moore, he must be referred to as 'Sean Moore' and absolutely NOT just as 'Sean.'

#61 Nicky means absolutely everything he says interviews, until he doesn't.