Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

counterlanguage 07-07-2011 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2300781)
Tsk!

Where is this hallowed dance remix of SKON?

Some Kind Of Nothingness / Mashed Up and Bangin' / Like An Old School Techno Track

cricri 07-07-2011 17:04

I've finally bought Everything, but before I start to read it, I'd like to know how official it is, if it is. I mean, did Simon Price collect a bunch of rumours here and there, or is it a serious book?

cricri 07-07-2011 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by counterlanguage (Post 2308490)
It's mostly serious, but the band have said that some of the stuff in there is rumour/bollocks - and that it'd be great if it were true.

And obviously we don't know what parts are about stuff really happened and what aren't...right? :evil:

cricri 07-07-2011 17:42

Thank you for your answers :smile:

helvissa 08-07-2011 08:19

I think the downhill skier bit is made up (although Nicky said it in a newspaper, probably to make him and Richey seem rock'n'roll....). But as I wasn't there at the time, I couldn't possibly say for sure.

It's a fab book though. Had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion!

meganslastwords 08-07-2011 10:03

Its a great book, the best Manics one I've read

Nature's Discontent 08-07-2011 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by meganslastwords (Post 2308778)
Its a great book, the best Manics one I've read

That may be because the rest are complete cash-in rubbish. Pricey's book is good aye, but as has been said before, it's the best out of a bad bunch.

I know, miserable so-and-so, aren't I? :P

Ermintrude the Cow 08-07-2011 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricri (Post 2308489)
I've finally bought Everything, but before I start to read it, I'd like to know how official it is, if it is. I mean, did Simon Price collect a bunch of rumours here and there, or is it a serious book?

Simon's the best placed person to write a Manics book (outside of the band themselves/Martin Hall). Obviously it's not an "official" book but it is a serious attempt at looking at the band and their history. The little essays that go into more depth with certain aspects (fan culture, self harm etc) are well worth reading as well.
Personally, I really like it. But as I always say, writing a Manics book is a thankless task because of the nature of the fanbase. I think even if Nicky wrote an autobiography there's still going to be some fans who would take the "well, what would he know? He was drunk for most of it" sort of line.
Manixfans = never happy :P

cricri 08-07-2011 11:24

Thanks everyone for your answers! I've already bought it, but I wanted to know how much trust put in it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow (Post 2308798)
Personally, I really like it. But as I always say, writing a Manics book is a thankless task because of the nature of the fanbase. I think even if Nicky wrote an autobiography there's still going to be some fans who would take the "well, what would he know? He was drunk for most of it" sort of line.
Manixfans = never happy :P

:lol::lol::lol:

The Gutless Wonder 08-07-2011 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeveredJoke (Post 2308257)
Sorry but don't agree. LBAL sounded weird slowed down and Suicide Alley was faaaar too slow for its punky vibe. Contrast the live version of OWA on the special edition Holy Bible with the recent live versions and you'll hear the difference.

Age is no excuse for slowing down your songs!

The songs are always plenty fast enough for me! OK, some might have been slowed down a bit in comparison to the original but I never notice it too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow (Post 2308263)
I thought that completely suited it. It's not a ragged rock song to hurtle through, it's really well crafted and the live performances completely suited the riffs and lyrics. IMO anyway.

Agree.

Son of Stopped 11-07-2011 21:23

peek ha ti raeh s'tel snaem lla yb neht hcet eht evah uoy fi peek peek ha seltaeb eht sa ylsuoires sa nekat t'nera yeht snaem siht yaw a ni peek peek peek ha peek peek peek ha ebut uoy no neve ton sdrawkcab deyalp sgnos scinam yna dnif reven uoy hhha

franny 11-07-2011 21:44

Damn you for wasting 2 minutes of my life Aaron!

Deets 13-07-2011 10:07

EWWWWW stupid MTVN HD, first they say 'Know Your Enemy', you get a mini heart attack, and then they say 'Green Day'. this should be forbidden.

The Gutless Wonder 13-07-2011 12:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2311536)
EWWWWW stupid MTVN HD, first they say 'Know Your Enemy', you get a mini heart attack, and then they say 'Green Day'. this should be forbidden.

Yes, no naming your songs after a Manics song or album!

Deets 13-07-2011 19:11

on the other hand MTV ROCKS has that mini-mix of videos from various artists from Oasis via PaTD to Brandon Flowers, but includes James's Neck and that broken bulb with blackboard in the background from Postcards video. I can sit in front of the telly 2 hours of Official UK Rock Charts just for those 8 miliseconds of James's Neck. bastards.