Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Scarecrow 21-01-2013 20:21

Motown Junk came out today in 1991. Still sounds amazing. You know, just realised that some people graduating this summer could have theoretically been conceived to it. Frightening thought, but still, IWRWHW.

raven 22-01-2013 00:03

How are they getting on in the snow?
That's my random thought triggered by 'your random thoughts...' and the snow being the surprising event of January. How about that

The Gutless Wonder 22-01-2013 08:13

I hope James has been making a snowman! :D

Bobafettish 29-01-2013 17:58

Surely two people with their respective History and Politics degrees could've made a line in Revol for Andropov and Chernenko...

AK47 29-01-2013 21:45

Will the next album be life changing or turgid?

Nature's Discontent 29-01-2013 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobafettish (Post 2517657)
Surely two people with their respective History and Politics degrees could've made a line in Revol for Andropov and Chernenko...

"Brezhnev married into group sex, Andropov and Chernenko had quickies, Gorbachev and Yeltsin were powerless sla-aags......!"

Or something. Last part has to be edited otherwise there's no room.

tuckedaway 30-01-2013 04:21

I just met Peter Hook and was wearing my Manics shirt so he talked to me about Nicky Wire's hoover collection

I didn't bring up the hoovers, he did

The Gutless Wonder 30-01-2013 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2517725)
Will the next album be life changing or turgid?

Life changing! :D

Flint 04-02-2013 22:20

Random Manics question, moreso. I've been on a mini-kick of listening to Manics' covers. Out of the ones not on Lipstick Traces, am I missing anything if I have the following:

Suicide Is Painless
Charles Windsor
Take the Skinheads Bowling (1996 version)
The Instrumental
Umbrella
Working Class Hero
Red Sleeping Beauty
Foggy Eyes
Vision Blurred
Primitive Painters
This Is the Day
Endless Plain of Fortune (whyyyyy is this a vinyl-only thing with no HQ download version or something)

Nature's Discontent 04-02-2013 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2518566)
Random Manics question, moreso. I've been on a mini-kick of listening to Manics' covers. Out of the ones not on Lipstick Traces, am I missing anything if I have the following:

Suicide Is Painless
Charles Windsor
The Instrumental
Umbrella
Working Class Hero
Red Sleeping Beauty
Foggy Eyes
Vision Blurred
Primitive Painters
This Is the Day
Endless Plain of Fortune (whyyyyy is this a vinyl-only thing with no HQ download version or something)

Penny Royal Tea? That's the only other one I can think of. I'm pretty sure that wasn't on Lipstick Traces.

Hans 05-02-2013 03:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2518566)

Suicide Is Painless
Charles Windsor
The Instrumental
Umbrella
Working Class Hero
Red Sleeping Beauty
Foggy Eyes
Vision Blurred
Primitive Painters
This Is the Day

There's also a cover song on GT. :P

... but guessing you're meaning other releases, the only other one that I can think of is "Under My Wheels (live)", a Motorcycle Emptiness CD single B-side?. Original by Alice Cooper.

And I ditto your "Endless Plain..." frustration.

Edit: "The Drowners" (Suede) (She Is Suffering, CD1)

Flint 05-02-2013 08:27

Should've clarified, I'm looking for studio recordings rather than miscalleneous live stuff. So The Drowners and, I think(?), Pennyroyal Tea is out.

To answer my own question, I just found out about that Amy Winehouse cover they did. Is that still commercially available anywhere?

nihilist waffles 07-02-2013 18:38

Halfway Manics related:
Has anyone else heard the major similarity between the opening of Wilco's Heavy Metal Drummer and You Stole the Sun?

Manics
Wilco

Scarecrow 07-02-2013 20:25

There is a download option somewhere of Endless Plain of Fortune, by the way. Not sure of its origin, but I did have one that wasn't a vinyl rip. Great song, should find it again.

AK47 08-02-2013 10:07

It's a boring time to be a manics fan at the moment.