Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Borderliner 09-02-2015 17:53

Gold Against the Soul is my favorite album now. Lol but I guess I'll get to Futurology and then back to TIMTTMY again. Oh, I love these closed geodesics <3

gracie 09-02-2015 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2634226)
Gold Against the Soul is my favorite album now. Lol but I guess I'll get to Futurology and then back to TIMTTMY again. Oh, I love these closed geodesics <3

Oh I always feel so awkward saying it's one of my favourites because of all the GATS-bashing that goes on, so glad others love it as much as I do!

Borderliner 09-02-2015 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciemanics (Post 2634227)
Oh I always feel so awkward saying it's one of my favourites because of all the GATS-bashing that goes on, so glad others love it as much as I do!

Another Gats lover. Niiiiiiiice!

Never cared about naysayers lol. We like what we like, there's no one to feel ashamed for

bachelorette 09-02-2015 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciemanics (Post 2634227)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2634232)

Never cared about naysayers lol. We like what we like, there's no one to feel ashamed for

While I can't claim to be overly fond of Nostalgic Pushead or the lyrics of Symphony of Tourette's, there is no denying that that album has the most outstanding run of singles they ever pulled of. And Sleepflower. So the haters can push off. :D (yes, I do like the title track, even.)

Deets 09-02-2015 21:42

CAN WE HAVE A EUROPEAN TOUR YES? BERLIN YES? OKAY? NOT CRAPPY FESTIVALS. VENUE TOUR. THIS SPRING

YES?

Frozendiva 09-02-2015 22:15

Fix the typo on the Manics site tour announcement. Februady? Really?

amaitheanhorn 09-02-2015 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2634242)
While I can't claim to be overly fond of Nostalgic Pushead or the lyrics of Symphony of Tourette's, there is no denying that that album has the most outstanding run of singles they ever pulled of. And Sleepflower. So the haters can push off. :D (yes, I do like the title track, even.)

GATS is one of my all time favourite albums of all time ever. It is absolutely exceptional and I love it so much. There is something incredibly powerful about how angry yet restrained it is. It feels like the album, with gritted teeth and tense muscles, is about to burst with the aggression it can barely hold on. Instead it keeps pushing it down, turning it inwards.

gracie 09-02-2015 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2634242)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaitheanhorn (Post 2634248)
GATS is one of my all time favourite albums of all time ever. It is absolutely exceptional and I love it so much. There is something incredibly powerful about how angry yet restrained it is. It feels like the album, with gritted teeth and tense muscles, is about to burst with the aggression it can barely hold on. Instead it keeps pushing it down, turning it inwards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2634232)

GATS lovers unite!

I must say though, the only song I usually skip is Roses In The Hospital.

People do say the entire album is very manufactured but Roses is the only element that I consider a bit bland and over produced.

Suicide Aldi 10-02-2015 08:12

Roses is the hospital is the best song on there! Lol. I quite like GATS, even the tital track! The only song that I dont see all the fuss about is sleepflower. Its such an over rated song.

Dac X Lee 11-02-2015 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi (Post 2634271)
Roses is the hospital is the best song on there! Lol. I quite like GATS, even the tital track! The only song that I dont see all the fuss about is sleepflower. Its such an over rated song.

It's a good song to put as your waking allarm.

gracie 11-02-2015 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dac X Lee (Post 2634366)
It's a good song to put as your waking allarm.

I must agree with that. It's very sort of light hearted yet melancholic. Strange. You've made me want to listen to it now!

Dac X Lee 11-02-2015 01:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciemanics (Post 2634367)
I must agree with that. It's very sort of light hearted yet melancholic. Strange. You've made me want to listen to it now!

:joey:
But many songs of that album are good as awaking allarms, though.

With La Tristesse and Despair having the typical morning sound, Sleepflower and Yourself besides the sound have the lyrics too. :p

Borderliner 11-02-2015 06:22

It's so damn good to wake up with intro from Found That Soul.

bachelorette 11-02-2015 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2634374)
It's so damn good to wake up with intro from Found That Soul.

now you've given me an idea! :D

gracie 11-02-2015 21:56

I can always imagine jumping out of bed fully clothed and skipping out the door and into an elevator and out of an apartment block and through the city streets to the Miss Europa intro. :lol: