Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

The Gutless Wonder 09-10-2011 18:44

The band never like anything they do for very long! :lol:

franny 09-10-2011 19:45

To be fair, why would a band in their 40s do a video about teenagers? I can see why they turned against it.

The Gutless Wonder 09-10-2011 19:46

Why not? They were teenagers once! :p :lol:

Nature's Discontent 09-10-2011 20:27

Don't mention the video. Never mention the video!! :p

hummingbird 09-10-2011 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2361843)
Don't mention the video. Never mention the video!! :p

it was either that or tell everyone that i've lost my manics dvds. Thought the latter would be more boring. :p

cricri 10-10-2011 10:33

Their latest update on FB

Quote:

You can find a shinny new biography in the 'Band' section of the official site (and here under info) for the forthcoming album 'National Treasures'. Each single has been individually addressed by many interesting people with their thoughts on the singles.

SHINNY.
NIEKO WRITES THESE UPDATES :eek:

The Gutless Wonder 10-10-2011 14:01

Just noticed in my sig pic that James is signing the gig setlist! (I think!)

TStenner 11-10-2011 16:28

the less additional tracks, the better the album?

THB and JFPL have very few b-sides and a good deal of those are covers, and they're both fantastic, maybe the more the band concentrate on the album tracks the better they turn out...

Nature's Discontent 11-10-2011 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by TStenner (Post 2363254)
the less additional tracks, the better the album?

THB and JFPL have very few b-sides and a good deal of those are covers, and they're both fantastic, maybe the more the band concentrate on the album tracks the better they turn out...

Hmm, interesting theory. But I think with a lot of albums they've done, they focus fully - musically and lyrically - on them, and then move on to writing /recording the b-sides afterwards when they're considering what to put out as first single.

But...The examples I can think of where they didn't do this were SATT (where apparently they recorded 30 or so tracks overall) and PFAYM (loads of songs were written from what we know of what was in Nicky's diary etc). And they were, er, not so good.

Flint 13-10-2011 20:07

The boyfriend unit's been going through my (digital) Manics collection today. His tracks of choice: Solitude Sometimes Is (his favourite Manics song, apparently), Cardiff Afterlife, Tolerate, I'm Not Working and Autumnsong.

Loving the sheer randomness of the quintet.

powernoize 13-10-2011 20:13

was just watching the video for Faster U.S. version....and that footage looks so incredible, the editing, everything....wonder if they have more footage from those final astoria gigs of that caliber

tzb 16-10-2011 13:57

It's been just long enough since PFAYM that I can listen to the earlier stuff again without embarrassment. Some good stuff there. I still maintain JFPL is the equal of THB. Give me those two records, the odd brilliant single (or should-have-been single) and let me block out the rest, especially their disastrous "one last shot at mass communication"/desperate lunge at centre-ground mediocrity... and maybe we'll be on speaking terms again.

hummingbird 16-10-2011 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by tzb (Post 2367098)
It's been just long enough since PFAYM that I can listen to the earlier stuff again without embarrassment. Some good stuff there. I still maintain JFPL is the equal of THB. Give me those two records, the odd brilliant single (or should-have-been single) and let me block out the rest, especially their disastrous "one last shot at mass communication"/desperate lunge at centre-ground mediocrity... and maybe we'll be on speaking terms again.

postcards put you off their entire back catalogue? Bit harsh...

Deets 16-10-2011 14:48

someone who is befriended with Saxy on fb please tell him that he should block things for people he doesn't know. there might be some stalkers around :good:

hummingbird 16-10-2011 15:15

oooooooooooooh what's on there? :p