Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Lone Architect 19-09-2013 07:25

TBF I'm within cycling distance of Wales itself and I still don't have the CD, although that's more cos I've been too lazy to go to the record shop. ;)

mar 19-09-2013 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone Architect (Post 2561879)
TBF I'm within cycling distance of Wales itself and I still don't have the CD, although that's more cos I've been too lazy to go to the record shop. ;)

That's a bit comforting... ;)

Dac X Lee 19-09-2013 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven (Post 2561600)

It sounds like they're unsure, they have the accusation of mass murder and verses that seem in contrast directionless and unsure.....although

The ending for this song
Well I haven't really thought of one
There's nothing I could ever say
That could really take the pain away

is a fair description of the sheer length of time it's taking to move towards any chance of some actual accountability being taken, of some arrests, of some justice and conclusions. Feels like they'll drag out the inquiry until anyone who could possibly face charges is dead or too ill to face a trial .... how does all this help the families....but anyway, more random thoughts

Are you guys and girls talking about SYMM? I always thought how stylish these lyrics are from an artistic point of view. They're also quite intriguing as well making the whole thing interesting and the listener to research about the topic.

Deets 19-09-2013 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mar (Post 2561874)
There's a CD race right now through Europe. None has got to Italy, Spain or Germany. I guess not to France either... Who will win?

ugh, you're serious? that's a fucking joke, I've paid as much as for the postage as for the cds. I could order it via ebay and be happy to have a copy but no, I care about Nicky caring about UK Charts. Fucking hell.

Manicben 19-09-2013 15:07

Futurology - Moore's Law...... Hmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futures_studies

mar 19-09-2013 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2561982)
ugh, you're serious? that's a fucking joke, I've paid as much as for the postage as for the cds. I could order it via ebay and be happy to have a copy but no, I care about Nicky caring about UK Charts. Fucking hell.

don't need to tell me, my vinyls were 23 euros with postage!
and they took a whole life to get here, same now.

sculptureofabloke 19-09-2013 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2561982)

Oddly, the back of my 2cd says it's from Sony Music Entertainment Poland. I don't get it, what's happened, have the albums been pressed in Poland and all shipped along to a British warehouse? I know you're not in Poland now but it's still silly.

Deets 20-09-2013 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mar (Post 2562116)
don't need to tell me, my vinyls were 23 euros with postage!
and they took a whole life to get here, same now.

I know Mar!! I paid like 120 PLN for vinyls and cd AND 100 PLN more for postage. That makes me feel stupid and robbed. If the shipping were fast and let's say by Wednesday, I would be pleased. But 4 days after the premiere? And I got an email that they sent it 12th September (Thursday).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2562121)
Oddly, the back of my 2cd says it's from Sony Music Entertainment Poland. I don't get it, what's happened, have the albums been pressed in Poland and all shipped along to a British warehouse? I know you're not in Poland now but it's still silly.

Actually, Rich, I am in Poland. Does it say so? Fasctinating. You have a signed version? Or which one?

mar 20-09-2013 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2562121)

Yes, my vinyls came from there too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562379)
I know Mar!! I paid like 120 PLN for vinyls and cd AND 100 PLN more for postage. That makes me feel stupid and robbed. If the shipping were fast and let's say by Wednesday, I would be pleased. But 4 days after the premiere? And I got an email that they sent it 12th September (Thursday).

Yes, I got the email too the same day as you. And still waiting. I pre ordered the signed deluxe, otherwise it would have been better just to wait and buy it on any shop...

Deets 20-09-2013 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by mar (Post 2562402)
Yes, I got the email too the same day as you. And still waiting. I pre ordered the signed deluxe, otherwise it would have been better just to wait and buy it on any shop...

here's a funny story. I've preordered signed JFPL. Before it came, I went shopping and when I noticed 1cd JFPL I couldn't resist and grabbed a copy. Of course signed JFPL came one day later.

I'd do that too again, but now I'm stuck in my tiny hometown where are NO music shops. Anyway, it's almost 1pm and there's no been any postman. And tomorrow's weekend. UGH :/

mar 20-09-2013 11:56

We will have to wait until Monday Claudia. My RTF-dramageddon thoughts will be with you.

bachelorette 20-09-2013 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562454)
here's a funny story. I've preordered signed JFPL. Before it came, I went shopping and when I noticed 1cd JFPL I couldn't resist and grabbed a copy. Of course signed JFPL came one day later.

I'd do that too again, but now I'm stuck in my tiny hometown where are NO music shops. Anyway, it's almost 1pm and there's no been any postman. And tomorrow's weekend. UGH :/

Quote:

Originally Posted by mar (Post 2562471)
We will have to wait until Monday Claudia. My RTF-dramageddon thoughts will be with you.

I'm really sorry for you two! :( Also, I didn't know that there is no mail delivery on Saturday in Poland and Spain, In GB and Germany Sunday is the only mail-free day. I got the same email as you two (dispatched on 12th) and mine must have arrived on Saturday. Not that that helps you!

mar 20-09-2013 17:33

Well, we have mail some Saturdays but it's not usual, maybe only "special deliveries".

Deets 20-09-2013 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2562547)
I'm really sorry for you two! :( Also, I didn't know that there is no mail delivery on Saturday in Poland and Spain, In GB and Germany Sunday is the only mail-free day. I got the same email as you two (dispatched on 12th) and mine must have arrived on Saturday. Not that that helps you!

B, hope you enjoy your package tomorrow. It's worth waiting. It always is.

As on Monday I'm going to Poznań, where I study, I'll try to get regular cd, like in JFPL case. Desperate actions in desperate times.

bachelorette 20-09-2013 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562578)
B, hope you enjoy your package tomorrow. It's worth waiting. It always is.

As on Monday I'm going to Poznań, where I study, I'll try to get regular cd, like in JFPL case. Desperate actions in desperate times.

And then you have one copy for general use with a nice little CD booklet and you can keep the book one for show! It makes perfect sense if you look at it! ;)