Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Porco 01-06-2020 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by raven (Post 2682820)
Yes that be his face that reminds you of the other fella's face

He's a good fella

Taxi?

Maybe not...(these times...end of tether now...)

:D

I’m trying to think of a funny response but I’m just not the king of comedy.

UEF 03-06-2020 07:27

Together Stronger vs. Ghosts of Christmas

Son of Stopped 03-06-2020 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2682838)

Well... Together Stronger has a better guitar riff.
Ghosts of Christmas has the better chorus.
But Together Stronger is more forward looking as opposed to "Eeh, it's all computers these days".
So Together Stronger surprisingly the winner. But others might disagree.

blackflower 03-06-2020 09:53

I hate football so Ghosts of Christmas all the way!

Bobafettish 03-06-2020 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2682838)

Oh my word...
Ghost of Christmas I think. Both are clunky af, but for a band who's sound is basically MOTD background music half the time, that's the best football song they could come up with?!

Hal Robson-Kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u

UEF 03-06-2020 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2682839)
But Together Stronger is more forward looking as opposed to "Eeh, it's all computers these days".

:lol: damn kids and their "I Phones"

Glyn 03-06-2020 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobafettish (Post 2682844)
Oh my word...
Ghost of Christmas I think. Both are clunky af, but for a band who's sound is basically MOTD background music half the time, that's the best football song they could come up with?!

Hal Robson-Kanuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu u

The odd thing about Together Stronger is tha the team rundown bit always sounded cheesy as hell until after that Belgium game. Suddenly that was a fairly complete list of the best Welsh team ever and celebrating Robson Kanu didn't sound quite so silly.

I like both but would go for Together Stronger just because this version still gives me goosebumps

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wal...rms-wales-song

IntlDebris 03-06-2020 19:31

I like Ghost of Christmas, it works reasonably well as a homage to '70s glam rock Christmas songs and has a fun chorus.
Together Stronger is really quite nauseating.

UEF 03-06-2020 19:41

Searching my email for something and got this email about the JDB album launch from 2006... a simpler time

Pre-order your CD's/download of 'That's No Way To Tell A Lie' right now. Plus hear previews of 6 album tracks in James's 'AAA' section on his website. See below for full details..

James Dean Bradfield website now live: Check out the exclusive 'AAA' area ...

At long last James's official site is now live and unleashed. We are still adding content - but do not forget to check out the special 'Access All Areas' section.

To celebrate the impending release of the new James Dean Bradfield album "The Great Western" we have decided, along with our friends at NME.com , to set up an Access All Areas section on this website to reward the loyal fans of James Dean Bradfield and Manic Street Preachers.
So, if you own any album from Manic Street Preachers back catalogue - you can use it to access loads of exclusive content over the coming months. We will be updating it EVERY WEEK. Plus you can see details on how to win this amazing prize - an Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar, signed by James himself!

Simply fill in your details in the link below, get your Manics Street T Preachers CD * ready and you will get:

- Exclusive streams of new tracks from 'The Great Western'.
- Exclusive interviews and personal recollections from James.
- A chance to win an Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar signed by James.
- Wallpaper gallery of new pictures for use on your computer .
- You can also send an invite for all of this content to a friend.

CLICK HERE TO ENTER or just go to the 'AAA' area on James's website - see link below!

We hope that you enjoy 'AAA' and remember there will be more free, exclusive content here over the coming weeks so make sure that you keep checking back.

* Albums are: Generation Terrorists, Gold Against the Soul, The Holy Bible, Everything Must Go, This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours, Know Your Enemy, Lipstick Traces, Life Blood and Forever Delayed.
Pre-order single and album formats NOW

‘That’s No Way to Tell a Lie’ is released on 10th July 2006. 'The Great Western’ is released on 24th July 2006. But you can PRE -ORDER copies right now.

ALBUM (CD and LP ):
Tracklisting:
That's No Way To Tell A Lie
An English Gentleman
Bad Boys and Painkillers
On Saturday Morning We Will Rule The World
Run Romeo Run
Still A Long Way To Go
Émigré
To See A Friend In Tears
Say Hello To the Pope
The Wrong Beginning
Which Way To Kyffin

CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER

SINGLE FORMATS:
Tracklisting:

2 Track CD
1. That’s No Way To Tell A Lie
2. Don’t Look Back

Enhanced CD
1. That’s No Way To Tell A Lie
2. Koda Chrome Ghosts
3. I Never Wanted Sunshine
4. That’s No Way To Tell A Lie Video

7”
A. That’s No Way To Tell A Lie
B. Lost Again

Get all 3 formats for £4.97 from our friends at Recordstore, pay shipping cost for only one AND receive a 7" signed by James himself. For full details For full details:CLICK HERE TO PRE-ORDER
Pre -order your Download of 'That's No Way To Tell A Lie'

Download available from 3rd July but you can pre-order NOW. You can do this online by clicking here: PRE-ORDER DOWNLOAD

To order via mobile text LIE to 81330 and receive a free wallpaper for your phone (this will be sent seperately - please see your bounceback message for details) Track costs £1.50. Standard operator charges apply. Download is Windows compatible. Track available within the UK only!
Official websites
Check out the video to 'That's No Way To Tell A Lie' on the 'Vision' section! :

www.jamesdeanbradfieldofficial.com

www.myspace.com/jamesdeanbradfield

www.columbia.co.uk

LA ex 03-06-2020 20:32

Nice to see his myspace site survived the great crash! (Mine didn't :-( )

Europa Gluten Free 03-06-2020 21:33

That post about The Great Western makes me incredibly nostalgic. Thanks for posting it.

Porco 04-06-2020 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2682863)
Plus you can see details on how to win this amazing prize - an Epiphone Les Paul Special II guitar, signed by James himself!

Still waiting to hear if I won that Les Paul. Fingers crossed! :lol:

Bobafettish 04-06-2020 06:43

If they did a reissue of Lifeblood, and it’s second disk encompassed tracks from There By The Grace of God to God Save The Manics, it'd be the one I’d be most tempted to purchase.

Bobafettish 04-06-2020 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glyn (Post 2682849)
The odd thing about Together Stronger is tha the team rundown bit always sounded cheesy as hell until after that Belgium game. Suddenly that was a fairly complete list of the best Welsh team ever and celebrating Robson Kanu didn't sound quite so silly.

I like both but would go for Together Stronger just because this version still gives me goosebumps

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wal...rms-wales-song

That's a good point. I must admit, I was mostly just thrilled it had Tom Bradshaw in the video, as he was at the Saddlers at the time

Borderliner 06-06-2020 21:37

Specific part of From Despair to Where sounds a bit like A Kind of Magic by Queen.