Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

AK47 07-06-2012 18:54

I've been wondering how the new LP is coming along? Nicky seems to be in the dead zone when asked about it by the media and some of his Tweets. Is he suffering from writers block?

Dancing Kirby 07-06-2012 19:17

He's sulking because nobody bothered to put his last two tweets from May 28 in the Twitter thread on here.

Sandrine 07-06-2012 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2473194)
He's sulking because nobody bothered to put his last two tweets from May 28 in the Twitter thread on here.

And worst of all, :up: could be true.

dora 07-06-2012 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by who's responsible? (Post 2470636)
I think the Camus bit is similar to the last bit of Of Walking Abortion, I've never seen him scream the last "Who's responsible?" bit live since the THB tour, and even then it was quite weak in comparison to the recording (probably because the album version is screamed through the guitar pickups rather than a mike). Other than the THB tour I've only ever seen him leave it for the crowd to scream. Disappoint.

He did it at the Millenium Gig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ3CB...ure=plpp_video and it was AWESOOOOME! I wish I had been there...
better than the recording :P

sculptureofabloke 14-06-2012 09:05

Just been having a browse of my Manics collection. Just noticed I've got a Bulgarian cassette of This Is My Truth that says This Is My Thruth on the spine. I like odd things.

The Gutless Wonder 14-06-2012 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2474897)
Just been having a browse of my Manics collection. Just noticed I've got a Bulgarian cassette of This Is My Truth that says This Is My Thruth on the spine. I like odd things.

:lol:

Lindz Delirium 15-06-2012 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dora (Post 2473230)
He did it at the Millenium Gig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ3CB...ure=plpp_video and it was AWESOOOOME! I wish I had been there...
better than the recording :P

Ha ha I'm having a good old shouty pointy at 3.32, and Kev looks bored.

Was that actually 12 and a half bloody years ago?
*laments youth*

Oh and Sculpture I have a CD that says Thruth - James apologised for that once!

manic pilgrim 18-06-2012 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2474897)

I've got The Holy Bible with missing lyrics and I am such a moron that I added them by hand.

sculptureofabloke 28-06-2012 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium (Post 2475172)
Oh and Sculpture I have a CD that says Thruth - James apologised for that once!

Ha, bless him. What a lovely lad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manic pilgrim (Post 2476122)
I've got The Holy Bible with missing lyrics and I am such a moron that I added them by hand.

Ah, I'd have probably bought that. I've got a couple of mispressings, I like odd stuff like that.

Just thinking of all the songs that have been released featuring Richey's lyrics after his disappearance. I wonder how much of Journal For Plague Lovers and the Everything Must Go stuff he featured on would've been any different if Richey had stayed. I wonder if the sound of Everything Must Go, This Is My Truth and Lifeblood are directions they'd have ended up going in anyway, regardless of what happened with Richey.

sculptureofabloke 29-06-2012 00:40

It's 9 years to the day that I saw the first live performance of Die In The Summertime. Fucking hell time flies.

nsebastian 06-07-2012 17:58

I just found THREE copies of "Manic Street Preachers: Sweet Venom" by Martin Clarke in the tiniest bookstore in Pittsburgh! Only $3 each, too, and not far from where I found I Killed the Zeitgeist just a couple months back. Is there a secret Manics community here I was unaware of?

sculptureofabloke 11-07-2012 08:40

Taken me a long time but I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that there are people who wear leopard print who aren't fucking Manics fans.

Also, I've never seen Manics in July. Or November. Yeah, I think that's it...

Scarecrow 11-07-2012 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2482368)
I've never seen Manics in July. Or November. Yeah, I think that's it...

Just November for me. Gotta rectify that one day.

Nature's Discontent 12-07-2012 00:22

Quote:

Taken me a long time but I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that there are people who wear leopard print who aren't fucking Manics fans.

I still staunchly believe this unfortunately.

whiscat 12-07-2012 02:22

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2482558)
I still staunchly believe this unfortunately.

:D