Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Album and Tour: Resistance is Futile (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62676)

Suicide Aldi 14-04-2018 16:06

Im really enjoying In Eternity.

Donkey 14-04-2018 16:18

Well, I was expecting that Postcards and Rewind the Film would get a younger brother and that's exactly what happened. What an unbelievable piece of shit. I gave Postcards good 30-50 listens in 2010, I've been trying to forget the album since then. I gave Rewind the Film 10 Listens with the same result, this time I think 2 are more than enough. What the fuck did they think with Vivian? And the song with Heaven or what could have been Phil Collins' song. Guys, 80s was the darkest era of modern music and even then there was a lot of better music than this.

The sad thing is, I don't find the idea to go to see them live this year any good. :-/

Enjoy it, who likes it though :-)))

trademark 14-04-2018 16:55

pretty underwhelmed ...thats all i can say..
broken algorithms...is more like it..more of that would have been ideal..

Porco 14-04-2018 17:10

I guess this is going to be marmite... which reminds me of something else that kind works on many levels if you swap titles...

https://s1.gifyu.com/images/RIForTLJ800.jpg
Me? I adore both of 'em.

Routine Builder 14-04-2018 18:32

Maybe they should soundtrack a Kurosawa movie next?

Which raises the question, is this the first instrumental free album period without since SATT?

I think James has fallen in love with his own voice again. It's about time too...

Son of Stopped 14-04-2018 19:04

Is one of the extra tracks the strobing sound at the start of the trailer?

Glyn 14-04-2018 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2671761)

On a similar theme am I just being dense with the gong/drum crashes at about 47 seconds in the trailer or is that as yet unheard too ?

slop101 14-04-2018 20:17

So, any way to listen to the Japanese-only tracks; "Holding Patterns" and "Mirror Gaze"?

Or better yet, a link to buy the Japanese CD (if it's not too expensive...)?

Glyn 14-04-2018 20:34

Just noticed that BBC Wales sport commentator Stefan Garrero is credited on backing vocals for Hold Me Like a Heaven. Assume it's added to the 'woahs'. Bit odd but am I right in remembering that he did some 'vocals' for Together Stronger in the BBC radio documentary for that song ? Wonder if they reused some of those or said 'while you're here...'

The Quatercircle 14-04-2018 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2671761)

That's sequels of forgotten wars. Maybe a different version.

Politico 14-04-2018 23:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donkey (Post 2671756)
Well, I was expecting that Postcards and Rewind the Film would get a younger brother and that's exactly what happened. What an unbelievable piece of shit. I gave Postcards good 30-50 listens in 2010, I've been trying to forget the album since then. I gave Rewind the Film 10 Listens with the same result, this time I think 2 are more than enough. What the fuck did they think with Vivian? And the song with Heaven or what could have been Phil Collins' song. Guys, 80s was the darkest era of modern music and even then there was a lot of better music than this.

The sad thing is, I don't find the idea to go to see them live this year any good. :-/

Enjoy it, who likes it though :-)))

You've moved on, clearly, and no one here or anywhere will have any problem with that, I'm sure.
I'm slightly intrigued why, on having hated their last three albums, you still post on one of their connected sites to say how much you dislike what they are releasing. Just feels like you need to move on, and nobody will better or worst off for you doing so.

The Quatercircle 15-04-2018 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donkey (Post 2671756)
What the fuck did they think with Vivian?

Vivian is the most fun on the album. I think you just don't get it and fair enough.

RND 15-04-2018 02:57

Trying hard to grasp on this album and make it usable.
I am attacking it through Liverpool Revisited and Sequels of Forgotten Wars

Symmanine 15-04-2018 06:48

Stunning album. What a band to pull this of on their 13th.

IrelandCalling4 15-04-2018 12:21

RiF

Only on my third listen but with each listen it's displaying the gems more and more. Initially on first listen I liked but didn't love; second listen this morning it simply clicked, starting with 'Vivian'. 'Song for the 'Sadness', 'In Eternity', 'Hold me like a Heaven', 'International Blue' in particular are just magic.

Just dipping into the demo disc also and as usual it makes a wonderful companion to the main album; two versions of the album really.

'Futurology' is still a very high water mark but I would think RiF will,perhaps not be quite as excellent as that one was, be a great album in it's own right and better than it's spiritual predecessors SATT and PFAYM.