Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GATS reissue? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63088)

ForeverDelayed.com 09-12-2019 12:59

After that last post, we can now guess release dates and formats

Lee 09-12-2019 13:02

Well well well.

Can someone who is on Insta please share the pics? I get a banner pop up and can’t see them.

Routine Builder 09-12-2019 13:09

Picture of two GATS discs having been mastered on 05/12/19.

wireobsessed 09-12-2019 13:13

I’m so bloody happy it’s unreal. Been feeling sh*t and then this pops up. Happy Christmas ������

Routine Builder 09-12-2019 13:16

So I would guess Disc one being album remaster plus b-sides and disc two being demos plus live tracks. Formats will probably be some combination of two CDs and a vinyl. I would expect a March or early April release...

blackflower 09-12-2019 13:50

I'm thrilled - this is the album I came in on as a fan in 1993 - but also anxious to know if they're going to mess around with the tracklisting this time. Crossing my fingers that they'll reissue it in its correct state!

Son of Stopped 09-12-2019 14:07

You mean it's HAPPENING?!! Brilliant! Would rather a new album but gift horse etc.

IntlDebris 09-12-2019 17:08

Instagram link.

It shows just Disc 1 & 2, which doesn't necessarily mean it'll only be two discs, but it seems likely. Maybe there'll be a DVD as a third disc?

starfucker 09-12-2019 19:28

There's also the 7" version of Roses In The Hospital that hasn't been mentioned so far. The censored version where the lyrics in the chorus are "Roses in the hospital" in the place of "We don't want your fucking love". That will probably be on the bonus disc (just speculating).

Also THAT live version of Drug Drug Druggy where Richey's guitar got turned up way too loud. Cutting room floor or deliberately left out?

everlasting 09-12-2019 19:29

Woo, this is a little bit of exciting news that I need after all the shit I've had in the last month or two. Hope there's a dvd included too crammed full of stuff. The Truth album really missed out on having no DVD.

kevoutus 09-12-2019 19:49

Never thought they’d release this as they generally bypass that era.. Wonder if disc one will be the b sides and disc two the album (:

ron the little seal 10-12-2019 00:15

I want a tour, it'd be terribly good

junkymotown 10-12-2019 01:32

Oh man... playing the whole of GATS in full? YES PLEASE! But still, this release could potentially be great. It's always nice to have a legit way of getting B-sides, and the possibility of unheard demos... that always pleases me!

Also...

I asked JDB earlier in the if GATS would get the EMG/TIMT/THB treatment!

I ask Bradfield if the band’s much-maligned second album, the hard rocking “Gold Against the Soul,” will ever get the same treatment. It raises a laugh and an admission that he doesn’t see it happening, unless others speak up.

“Nick might tell me otherwise.” he says. “He’s the curator of the band, he’s the one that keeps every demo and every bit of artwork and every note, so he might tell me otherwise.”

handsome_devil 10-12-2019 04:13

Bets on what they'll swap in? I'm picking Donkeys for Drug Drug Druggy

Son of Stopped 10-12-2019 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by handsome_devil (Post 2680960)
Bets on what they'll swap in? I'm picking Donkeys for Drug Drug Druggy

I'm rather hoping they leave it as is. Stronger case for leaving it untouched, warts and all.
Maybe the b-side disc will be the most played. Patrick Bateman was a GATS single wasn't it?