Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Strawberry 07-06-2015 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2645573)
they need something to spice up the merch... it's all got really dull

Perhaps they should do a Manic Street Preachers spice rack then. :P

hummingbird 07-06-2015 16:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2645579)
Perhaps they should do a Manic Street Preachers spice rack then. :P

practical merch.... i like it :)

Geranium Terrorists 07-06-2015 20:08

Apparently Nick Abbott slagged off the Manics last night on LBC, saying that he hated them and he was glad they were on tour because they were all in one place, preferably far from him!

Porco 07-06-2015 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2645579)
Perhaps they should do a Manic Street Preachers spice rack then. :P

A small(er, ish...) selection of the possibilities of a Manics herbs and spices rack:

Everything Mustard Go
Everything Must Organo
The Maces Against The Classes
Rosemary In The Hospital
Safflower
Majoram Junk
Mint Going Down
Comfort Cumins
It's All Tarragon

Horseradish Under Starlight
Vanilla Balconies Facing The Sun
IfWhitePepperToldTheTruthForOneDayItsWorldWouldFal lApart
Out Of Thyme
This Is Caraway
Royal Corriander
Between The Clock And Nutmeg
The Girl From Tiger Bay Leaf
Borage Out Of My Mind

Evolc
Clove's Sweet Exile
The Clove Of Richard Nixon
You Clove Us
Symphony Of Tumeric
Another Invented Anise
Black Pepper for the Young
The View From Stow Dill
Found That Sorrel
Empty Sorrels

Basil Blues
Everything Chilli
Freedom Of Speech Won't Feed My Chilli
If You Tolerate This Your Chilli Will Be Next
Your Lemon Balm Is Not Enough
Starlavender
3 Wasabi Despair
30-Year Watercress
Miss Europarsley Disco Dancer
Europarsley Geht Durch Mich
Let Robeson Cinnamon

gracie 07-06-2015 21:02

I reeeeeeally want some of the KYE magnets. Or some new edgier merch.

I really like this I saw on google images - is it official?
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2...0/cuntcock.jpg

hummingbird 07-06-2015 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geranium Terrorists (Post 2645604)
Apparently Nick Abbott slagged off the Manics last night on LBC, saying that he hated them and he was glad they were on tour because they were all in one place, preferably far from him!

inferiority complex :cool:

hillgrove 08-06-2015 11:21

WHO.
 
Who is Nick Abbot.?

Finn 08-06-2015 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillgrove (Post 2645682)
Who is Nick Abbot.?

That was my response - so I looked up his (obviously self-penned) wiki page. Wow, he really takes himself seriously :lol:

As for new merchandise, I remember a thread of suggestions way back in 2001. I still think the inflatable MSP beach ball would be a winner - purple leopard print with one black panel that has purple text proclaiming, "Enjoy your beach ball, but remember we are all moving inexorably toward the black void of death."

hummingbird 08-06-2015 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finn (Post 2645687)
That was my response - so I looked up his (obviously self-penned) wiki page. Wow, he really takes himself seriously :lol:

As for new merchandise, I remember a thread of suggestions way back in 2001. I still think the inflatable MSP beach ball would be a winner - purple leopard print with one black panel that has purple text proclaiming, "Enjoy your beach ball, but remember we are all moving inexorably toward the black void of death."

That sounds amazing .... I want one

gracie 08-06-2015 17:25

We should get unofficial ones made, that sounds cool as fuck.

Automatik 08-06-2015 18:22

Even after all these years, whenever I check back through the band's discography I'm still amazed at some of the songs they put out as singles (and which b-sides never make it to albums, and which album tracks do), especially since TIMTTMY.

Exhibit A: The Everlasting. (Surely Ready For Drowning or Nobody Loved You - which actually was a single in Japan - would have been better?)

Exhibit B: Found That Soul.

Exhibit C: So Why So Sad.

Exhibit D: The Love Of Richard Nixon.

Exhibit E: Autumnsong...

...etc etc.

Europa Geht Durch Mich wasn't even released as a single! Unfathomable.

Sorry - just needed to get that out of my system, given how important the band consider singles to be.

Finn 08-06-2015 18:45

Some of the lead single choices just boggle the mind.

UEF 08-06-2015 18:50

I was thinking about this today up to This is My Truth they seemed to pick the right singles

Geranium Terrorists 08-06-2015 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik (Post 2645728)
Exhibit B: Found That Soul.

???

Automatik 08-06-2015 18:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finn (Post 2645737)
Some of the lead single choices just boggle the mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2645739)
I was thinking about this today up to This is My Truth they seemed to pick the right singles

Something seemed to shift after TIMTTMY. (Incidentally, I always found it odd that Masses Against The Classes was a great single but - bizarrely - wasn't included on KYE.)

Since TIMTTMY the only singles that I feel were truly stand-out worthy of being selected as singles from their respective albums were Ocean Spray, Indian Summer, (It's Not War) Just The End Of Love and Walk Me To The Bridge - four out of twenty (or out of eighteen if we exclude Underdogs and Ghost of Christmas).


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.