Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

sculptureofabloke 12-07-2012 05:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2482558)
I still staunchly believe this unfortunately.

...

http://style.mtv.com/wp-content/uplo...nimal-hood.jpg


I feel like I just told a kid there's no Father Christmas.

whiscat 12-07-2012 07:34

So much for staunch belief, ND.

Little Troll 12-07-2012 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2482368)
Taken me a long time but I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that there are people who wear leopard print who aren't fucking Manics fans.

Also, I've never seen Manics in July. Or November. Yeah, I think that's it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2482558)
I still staunchly believe this unfortunately.

If I see people in leopard print, I always look at them very closely and try and decide if they're manics fans or not. I usually end up at 'no, probably not' and feel quite disappointed.

RoseTintedSpecs 12-07-2012 21:47

I went to watch England's match against Ukraine in the Euros at a pub in Selly Oak with my boyfriend, and when I was in the loos came across a woman dressed entirely in leopard print - leopard print crop top, leopard print trousers, leopard print shoes, leopard print bag...I think I decided that she wasn't a Manics fan in the end though :P not even Manics fans would wear that much leopard print at once surely??

Nature's Discontent 13-07-2012 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiscat (Post 2482575)
So much for staunch belief, ND.

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalbertie (Post 2482798)
If I see people in leopard print, I always look at them very closely and try and decide if they're manics fans or not. I usually end up at 'no, probably not' and feel quite disappointed.

And you sometimes ask them as well! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseTintedSpecs (Post 2482809)
I went to watch England's match against Ukraine in the Euros at a pub in Selly Oak with my boyfriend, and when I was in the loos came across a woman dressed entirely in leopard print - leopard print crop top, leopard print trousers, leopard print shoes, leopard print bag...I think I decided that she wasn't a Manics fan in the end though :P not even Manics fans would wear that much leopard print at once surely??

Aye, that would be taking the piss wearing that much. On the other hand, if she had a feather boa as well...

Little Troll 14-07-2012 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2482883)
And you sometimes ask them as well! :D

Haha! To be fair, that was a manics top! I'm not usually that brave though.

RoseTintedSpecs 14-07-2012 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2482883)
Aye, that would be taking the piss wearing that much. On the other hand, if she had a feather boa as well...

Haha, no feather boa! Told my boyfriend about it and he was like "I bet you want to be dressed like that really" and I had to explain that even Manics fans can wear too much leopard print sometimes :P

Nature's Discontent 15-07-2012 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicalbertie (Post 2483023)
Haha! To be fair, that was a manics top! I'm not usually that brave though.

Was it? Ah yeah, it's all coming back to me now. Yeah, I guess it would be a bit weird to approach anyone wearing leopard print and ask if they're a Manics fan. Some might just go "Who?" which would be a tad embarrassing.

NasalScarecrow 18-07-2012 09:33

Rolling Stone "100 greatest guitarists" list. No James, but the fairly predictable list of people they always go on about. For shame.

hummingbird 18-07-2012 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow (Post 2484032)
Rolling Stone "100 greatest guitarists" list. No James, but the fairly predictable list of people they always go on about. For shame.

not surprised. Its an american publication and the manics are minnows there

The Gutless Wonder 18-07-2012 20:55

James always gets ignored in these things. A great shame indeed! :(

Smiling#Girl 18-07-2012 21:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2484205)
James always gets ignored in these things. A great shame indeed! :(

That's indeed a crime :mad:

Nature's Discontent 19-07-2012 00:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2484205)
James always gets ignored in these things. A great shame indeed! :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling#Girl (Post 2484212)
That's indeed a crime :mad:

As well as the thing about Rolling Stone being American, James never brags about how great a guitar player he is, and he's not completely up himself either, which seem to be major qualifications to make it into one of these many 'lists'.

nsebastian 19-07-2012 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow (Post 2484032)
Rolling Stone "100 greatest guitarists" list. No James, but the fairly predictable list of people they always go on about. For shame.

No Manics to be found in the Rolling Stone "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" either, which I think is the bigger crime.

The Gutless Wonder 19-07-2012 07:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2484257)
As well as the thing about Rolling Stone being American, James never brags about how great a guitar player he is, and he's not completely up himself either, which seem to be major qualifications to make it into one of these many 'lists'.

Very true!


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.