Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

cool-groovey-morning-fine 18-11-2013 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesic (Post 2577526)
"No-one has seen dark matter but without it modern physics would collapse"

I forget, is Nicky's degree one in politics or theoretical physics? :P

obligatory joke: Nicky has a degree? He never said.

Dac X Lee 11-12-2013 10:22

Just a weird thought that stroke my head out of nowhere all of a sudden today while taking the bus to home - What if Nicky takes the challenge and writes a song for children? I mean, a real one, not a song for adults to think about kids, not a song for adults that mentions kids, but a real pedagogical song for kindergarten.
And then James and Seon to compose the music to it. And all of it still in a "Manics'" style of their own.

I wonder which would be the results...

RoseTintedSpecs 11-12-2013 14:47

It's probably been said before but Lifeblood is a perfect album to listen to in winter. I don't know what it is about it, but listening to it in winter is so much better than listening to it in summer (when it's still good, I just don't feel compelled to listen to it as often). The opposite's probably true of SATT (although maybe not quite as perfect as Lifeblood :p).

Borderliner 11-12-2013 19:13

Sculpture of man lyrics are confusing :/

Cheap entertainment sold like a new deodorant
World War Three, a Sega Dreamland


A Sega Dreamland? Ain't that supposed to be a Sega Dreamcast?

amnesic 11-12-2013 19:35

When have the Manics ever let a little thing like facts get in the way of their view of the world?

Dac X Lee 11-12-2013 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoseTintedSpecs (Post 2580058)
It's probably been said before but Lifeblood is a perfect album to listen to in winter. I don't know what it is about it, but listening to it in winter is so much better than listening to it in summer (when it's still good, I just don't feel compelled to listen to it as often). The opposite's probably true of SATT (although maybe not quite as perfect as Lifeblood :p).

Yes, it has been said before, there was a whole thread dedicated to it actually. Anyway, speaking of it, I put it on yesterday while going to school, the streets were covered in snow, so very well fitting.
Interesting, though, is how this album has a wintery feeling although in Empty Souls he mentions "April showers"...

cool-groovey-morning-fine 29-12-2013 12:23

I was sweeping the salon where I work yesterday, and I realised the way I sort of lunge and spin about with the broom is entirely copied from Wire's bass playing moves.

hummingbird 29-12-2013 12:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool-groovey-morning-fine (Post 2581681)
I was sweeping the salon where I work yesterday, and I realised the way I sort of lunge and spin about with the broom is entirely copied from Wire's bass playing moves.

not James's spinaroos? :)

cool-groovey-morning-fine 30-12-2013 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2581682)
not James's spinaroos? :)

Only when we're quiet :)

Nature's Discontent 30-12-2013 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2580093)
Sculpture of man lyrics are confusing :/

Cheap entertainment sold like a new deodorant
World War Three, a Sega Dreamland


A Sega Dreamland? Ain't that supposed to be a Sega Dreamcast?

Except the Dreamcast wasn't around in '94 :p Mega Drive ainnit? I just take it to mean that Sega wish there was a WWIII, then they'd have an excuse to make a game of it and sell it etc etc.

Dac X Lee 31-12-2013 08:38

Speaking of it, seems to me like Sega is only making various sequels of Sonic by now. And maybe some other classics too. Pretty much like Nintendo, living out of classic titles, but at least they still do hardware, unlike Sega...

beautifuldistortion 31-12-2013 10:58

There used to be a Sega Land in London if I remember rightly - now the Namco station

beautifuldistortion 31-12-2013 10:59

Or Sega World maybe they were referencing that in some way?!

beautifuldistortion 31-12-2013 11:00

Actually tell a lie it was where he trocadero is in London now near Piccadilly Circus! Anyway I will stop posting now :)

Nature's Discontent 31-12-2013 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion (Post 2581880)
Or Sega World maybe they were referencing that in some way?!

Hang on, I'll just phone up Richey and ask him.


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.