Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

beautifuldistortion 31-12-2013 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nature's Discontent (Post 2581889)
Hang on, I'll just phone up Richey and ask him.

Wow - funny

MSPKYE 05-02-2014 08:18

Listening to Send Away The Tigers will always remind me of Les Dennis on The Friday Night Project, being mugged by a crowd of frantic teenagers, wearing a coat made of bank notes, whilst the Manics played Imperial Bodybags in the background. Most random thing ever.

franny 05-02-2014 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautifuldistortion (Post 2581901)
Wow - funny

Yep. Very, all the best jokes are Richey jokes.

Son of Stopped 07-02-2014 12:06

Didn't have time to read it, but I noticed Q had "The Best Stories In Rock" or something. Wondering if there's any Richey mentions, if anyone's read it.
Or if it's a magazine full of "Alan's... Funny Stories!"
I wonder who did get the powerpack?

Suicide Aldi 11-02-2014 08:39

Door to the river would fit quite nicely on RTF

Little Troll 09-03-2014 16:20

They're making a film of Kill Your Friends. I wonder if they'll get James in to do his cameo. If they did include all the 90s music stars in it, they're obviously all looking quite old now so I wonder if they'd just get actors who look like young versions of them or not bother.

hummingbird 09-03-2014 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Troll (Post 2587252)
They're making a film of Kill Your Friends. I wonder if they'll get James in to do his cameo. If they did include all the 90s music stars in it, they're obviously all looking quite old now so I wonder if they'd just get actors who look like young versions of them or not bother.

i doubt they'd bother. It was just a quick hello at some function or other

Little Troll 09-03-2014 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2587255)
i doubt they'd bother. It was just a quick hello at some function or other

This is true. The whole band is in it at an awards show earlier in the book but they're in it for even less than James' quick bit later on.

It'd be cool if they could get everyone to do cameos but I guess that'd be super expensive and nobody real life is in it for particularly long.

Bambi 09-03-2014 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Troll (Post 2587252)
They're making a film of Kill Your Friends. I wonder if they'll get James in to do his cameo.

That's a weird coincidence, I was thinking about the possibility of this just yesterday! I'm just reaching the end of John Niven's latest book Straight White Male (clearly written with his KYF fans in mind) and have been ruminating on the two books. I think it could make a good film, somewhere between 24 Hour Party People and, naturally, American Psycho.

I was also thinking that it was a bit much having a quote from Bradders on the cover of KYF and then finding him actually making a cameo in the fucking story! You didn't need to join the dots much to work out that they're mates.

Little Troll 09-03-2014 19:08

Have you read The Second Coming? It has Stelfox in it briefly but other than that, it's not too similar. I keep meaning to buy Straight White Male.

Yes, that's what made me think that they might get him in to do it, because they seem to be mates.

hummingbird 09-03-2014 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 2587261)
That's a weird coincidence, I was thinking about the possibility of this just yesterday! I'm just reaching the end of John Niven's latest book Straight White Male (clearly written with his KYF fans in mind) and have been ruminating on the two books. I think it could make a good film, somewhere between 24 Hour Party People and, naturally, American Psycho.

I was also thinking that it was a bit much having a quote from Bradders on the cover of KYF and then finding him actually making a cameo in the fucking story! You didn't need to join the dots much to work out that they're mates.

Another big clue is that they did an interview together for one of the sunday rags around the time the book was released. They're bestest chums :p

Takk 09-03-2014 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2580093)
Sculpture of man lyrics are confusing :/

Cheap entertainment sold like a new deodorant
World War Three, a Sega Dreamland


A Sega Dreamland? Ain't that supposed to be a Sega Dreamcast?

i assume just a land of dreams where all things are sega.

Son of Stopped 11-03-2014 12:12

Do you think "Futurology" will be dedicated to Bob Crow?

Bambi 11-03-2014 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Troll (Post 2587268)
Have you read The Second Coming? It has Stelfox in it briefly but other than that, it's not too similar. I keep meaning to buy Straight White Male.

Haven't read TSC no, seemed like a weak concept to me. Having now finished SMW today though, I see there are ONLY TWO Manics references!! A lyric from ME slipped in amongst many other quotes towards the end, and a mention of the main character's 16 year-old daughter having posters on her wall of Hole, Sonic Youth and MSP. Being set in the present day, this seemed like a teensy bit of a stretch, though I am happy to be corrected by any of FD's teenage contingent. :D

cool-groovey-morning-fine 12-03-2014 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 2587434)
Haven't read TSC no, seemed like a weak concept to me. Having now finished SMW today though, I see there are ONLY TWO Manics references!! A lyric from ME slipped in amongst many other quotes towards the end, and a mention of the main character's 16 year-old daughter having posters on her wall of Hole, Sonic Youth and MSP. Being set in the present day, this seemed like a teensy bit of a stretch, though I am happy to be corrected by any of FD's teenage contingent. :D

So many MSP posters I can't even tell you :p


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.