Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Bobafettish 03-11-2011 00:43

That moment, when James introduced Solitude Sometimes Is at Wolves was so great. Id been good and not read the setlists so when they played that, so.emotional :)

Nature's Discontent 03-11-2011 01:38

YLAINE is a good song, can't believe the amount of people on here who don't like it.

I admit, I didn't like it at first, but now I think it's great, so...yeah.

pingu 03-11-2011 01:45

I just think Nina is fabulous.

The Gutless Wonder 03-11-2011 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobafettish (Post 2379555)
That moment, when James introduced Solitude Sometimes Is at Wolves was so great. Id been good and not read the setlists so when they played that, so.emotional :)

Saying 'Some of you might want to go to the bar now!' - Naughty James! :mad:

starryknight 03-11-2011 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2379473)
How very dare thee! :mad: :mad: :mad:

...don't think I really explained myself did I Gutless! :)
I find this song jars in the NT album, it doesn't sit nicely for me, especially if you listen to the whole album and hear the quality of the lyrics and music of the songs prior to YLAINE. Getting Nina in to sing is great as she does indeed have a beautiful voice, but I feel this was just an attempt to hide the lazy, repetitive lyrics and make the song more commercial and palatable. Can't help it Gutless, hate the song! - I know how much other people love it's 'poppiness' and sing-a-long-ness and that's fine. I cannot. It's dross compared to their earlier stuff but if this helps just one person get into the Manics and hear their fantastic stuff prior to 2007 then that is job done!

I know when I'll be taking my loo/bar breaks at the O2! (and it wouldn't be to Solitude Sometimes Is if they were playing that either!)

Nature's Discontent 03-11-2011 20:09

Just seen on Facebook that one of my friends is listening to SATT (not sure whether the song or the album, maybe both) on Spotify, and I got all unnecessarily excited, as I never thought he would have liked the Manics. Haha.

Soft As Leprosy 06-11-2011 10:44

I found out whilst chirping along to Manics in my car yesterday, that singing There By The Grace of God in an operatic bloke-off-the-go-compare-ad kind of way really suits the song. I kept it up for a good 2 mins before feeling a bit light headed. Who'd have thunk it?

Little Troll 06-11-2011 11:23

I like YLAINE. It came out a year before I became a manics fan and before I really knew who they were and I did nearly go and buy SATT after hearing it but changed my mind for some reason.
Then again, I'm not sure I'd be such a big fan now if I had bought it because i expect I wouldn't have bothered to listen to other albums.

riot_star 06-11-2011 14:12

I don't know where to put this but my friend got a text last night from someone saying they had been speaking to Sean in a pub in Louth and he's buying a house there.

How bizarre.

Parma Violets 07-11-2011 07:42

That's pretty amazing, in a weird way.

relic 07-11-2011 21:13

There was a University Challenge question today about sports show title music, and I thought 'I bet James and Nicky would ace this question.'

Mr.Selfdestruct 07-11-2011 22:12

I don't get why so many people love YLAINE just because it was released around the time they got into the band. Truth was just out when i got into them and i thought it was shit then and now..

Also, while I'm on about YLAINE, I was a little disgusted, while not at all surprised(NT cover shot), that it was the first thing they had on the TV advert when it was on tv last night.

The Gutless Wonder 07-11-2011 22:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Selfdestruct (Post 2382187)
I don't get why so many people love YLAINE just because it was released around the time they got into the band. Truth was just out when i got into them and i thought it was shit then and now..

Also, while I'm on about YLAINE, I was a little disgusted, while not at all surprised(NT cover shot), that it was the first thing they had on the TV advert when it was on tv last night.

No, you are not gonna get me worked up tonight!

*deep breaths*

:p

riot_star 08-11-2011 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parma Violets (Post 2381716)
That's pretty amazing, in a weird way.

Exactly what I thought, I was drunk when I found out as well. So I was even more confused/amazed about it :lol:

riot_star 08-11-2011 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Selfdestruct (Post 2382187)

That song got me into the Manics...but I don't love it as much as I used to. I think it's very weak live and I think that's what has put me off it.