Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

The Gutless Wonder 18-05-2012 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandrine (Post 2466577)
Yes. Enfoirés. (sorry, my English is not good enough to really express my feeling right now)
https://p.twimg.com/AtLVUQ3CAAEFtZ5.jpg

SO ENVIOUS of everyone who was there!

sculptureofabloke 18-05-2012 12:34

Oh, the bastards. Thought they'd have given Nobody Loved You a go for the same reason they gave Further Away. I just hope that they decide to sling Suicide Alley, New Art Riot, PCP and Further Away in a few sets on the next UK tour.

The Gutless Wonder 18-05-2012 12:35

Autumnsong AND PCP!!!

*thud*

Nature's Discontent 18-05-2012 13:06

PCP, das ist gut. Be good to hear how New Art Riot sounds too.

cricri 21-05-2012 23:15

How many times is listening to All is Vanity considered acceptable? How about 14 in a row?
(Also, that's not the right order, is it?)

sculptureofabloke 22-05-2012 07:05

Nowt wrong with that, you're going along with the no choice spirit of the song too, job's a good un.

cricri 22-05-2012 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2467809)
Nowt wrong with that, you're going along with the no choice spirit of the song too, job's a good un.

I would prefer no choice. one song, one song and one song... :lol:

nsebastian 28-05-2012 20:14

Just want to express my love for Mausoleum. It was my least favourite track off THB for a while, but holy fuck, it's stunning, isn't it? Especially the US mix (as much as I hate to admit it).

Nature's Discontent 28-05-2012 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nsebastian (Post 2470006)
Just want to express my love for Mausoleum. It was my least favourite track off THB for a while, but holy fuck, it's stunning, isn't it? Especially the US mix (as much as I hate to admit it).

I was the same. Thought it was a bit meh at first. Then I just loved it suddenly. I'd rank it higher than the likes of 4st 7lb and Of Walking Abortion.

Dancing Kirby 29-05-2012 09:41

I've been meaning to ask this for the past 12 years. Well, today is the day.

Why does JDB not use the proper lyrics when singing the final chorus of Masses Against The Classes live?

There are other examples of him altering lines live (Faster being an obvious example) but this is what I am focusing all of my question on. Obviously they're not the only thing left to believe in but they could be forgiven for still believing that at the Millennium gig.

The Gutless Wonder 29-05-2012 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2470151)

Why does JDB not use the proper lyrics when singing the final chorus of Masses Against The Classes live?

There are other examples of him altering lines live (Faster being an obvious example) but this is what I am focusing all of my question on. Obviously they're not the only thing left to believe in but they could be forgiven for still believing that at the Millennium gig.

Can't say I've actually noticed! :lol:

Nature's Discontent 29-05-2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2470151)

Aye, this irritates me a bit too. It comes across as sounding a bit smug; which doesn't really befit the quality of the song. I don't know, I guess the original line makes more sense.

Son of Stopped 29-05-2012 14:41

Although there's a job. Sit in front of the stage and shout out lyrics through a megaphone when James gives you the "LINE!" look.

The Gutless Wonder 29-05-2012 15:34

Which line does he actually change then? :lol:

who's responsible? 29-05-2012 15:38

There's quite a few. The one that annoys me is when he leaves out the Lennon line in Motown Junk. OK, he probably feels a bit silly shouting that out now he's older, but it's the lyric so stick to it pls!