Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

The Gutless Wonder 29-05-2012 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by who's responsible? (Post 2470245)
There's quite a few. The one that annoys me is when he leaves out the Lennon line in Motown Junk. OK, he probably feels a bit silly shouting that out now he's older, but it's the lyric so stick to it pls!

He's done that for a while though, doesn't bother me particularly. Haven't noticed any changes to Masses! What is the offending line?

Nature's Discontent 29-05-2012 15:44

I think the Lennon one is forgivable. In fact I admire them a tiny bit for it, they probably think the fans demand it but you can't always admit to still being completely outrageous (Nicky, take note! :p). And did they play it when they were supporting Paul McCartney a couple of years ago? Surely it was excusable then! :lol:

Dancing Kirby 29-05-2012 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2470247)
He's done that for a while though, doesn't bother me particularly. Haven't noticed any changes to Masses! What is the offending line?

He sings 'when the future is what we believe in" during the final chorus instead of the proper "when we're the only thing left to believe in". He's too embarrassed to do the Camus bit afterwards as well.

The Gutless Wonder 29-05-2012 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2470279)
He sings 'when the future is what we believe in" during the final chorus instead of the proper "when we're the only thing left to believe in". He's too embarrassed to do the Camus bit afterwards as well.

I'm relistening to a live version of it, rather than take your word for it of course! :p I'm SURE I would have spotted that whilst singing along at a gig! The Camus bit at the end of the record has a slightly distorted sound to it, which is probably the reason why he doesn't do it! :p

The Gutless Wonder 29-05-2012 20:21

Listening to a youtube vid from Amsterdam this year! We shall see!

The Gutless Wonder 29-05-2012 20:23

OK, Kirb. I'll let you off! But it's probably all down to James' bad memory! :lol:

who's responsible? 30-05-2012 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2470376)
I'm relistening to a live version of it, rather than take your word for it of course! :p I'm SURE I would have spotted that whilst singing along at a gig! The Camus bit at the end of the record has a slightly distorted sound to it, which is probably the reason why he doesn't do it! :p

I think the Camus bit is similar to the last bit of Of Walking Abortion, I've never seen him scream the last "Who's responsible?" bit live since the THB tour, and even then it was quite weak in comparison to the recording (probably because the album version is screamed through the guitar pickups rather than a mike). Other than the THB tour I've only ever seen him leave it for the crowd to scream. Disappoint.

The Gutless Wonder 30-05-2012 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by who's responsible? (Post 2470636)
I think the Camus bit is similar to the last bit of Of Walking Abortion, I've never seen him scream the last "Who's responsible?" bit live since the THB tour, and even then it was quite weak in comparison to the recording (probably because the album version is screamed through the guitar pickups rather than a mike). Other than the THB tour I've only ever seen him leave it for the crowd to scream. Disappoint.

I like the fact that he leaves it for the crowd these days! :)

VCK 30-05-2012 20:42

In the chorus of Nobody Loved You, when JDB sings the "aaaaah-aah", is this a "sample" from the end of Tolerate? It sounds exactly the same.

The Gutless Wonder 30-05-2012 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCK (Post 2470865)
In the chorus of Nobody Loved You, when JDB sings the "aaaaah-aah", is this a "sample" from the end of Tolerate? It sounds exactly the same.

I shall investigate but this thought has never occurred to me before!

Nature's Discontent 30-05-2012 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCK (Post 2470865)

To me the "aaaaah-aah" on Nobody Loved You sounds higher-pitched. On Tolerate it sounds more melancholic.

Blixa 01-06-2012 19:08

If it was sampled and moved between tracks could've been pitch-shifted or just sound different in context. Will have to give a listen to both though!

cricri 04-06-2012 21:36

The more I watch clips of Manics cover on YT, the more I realised how amazing James is.
All these guys on YT look like they're about to give birth to a 3st baby while they're playing :hmmm:

The Gutless Wonder 04-06-2012 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricri (Post 2472306)
The more I watch clips of Manics cover on YT, the more I realised how amazing James is.
All these guys on YT look like they're about to give birth to a 3st baby while they're playing :hmmm:

:lol:

wireobsessed 07-06-2012 18:50

Why has Mr Wire been SO silent on Twitter over the past wkend?

Would have thought he would have wanted to get his message across abt teh Jubilee?!?!!