Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Deets 20-09-2013 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2562580)
And then you have one copy for general use with a nice little CD booklet and you can keep the book one for show! It makes perfect sense if you look at it! ;)

hey, the other one wouldn't be signed. that would mean I would HAVE TO go to the gig to have it signed, right?

bachelorette 20-09-2013 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562611)
hey, the other one wouldn't be signed. that would mean I would HAVE TO go to the gig to have it signed, right?

Of course! It is practically impossible for you NOT to buy a copy tomorrow! :D Nick will be proud of you!

Deets 20-09-2013 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2562613)
Of course! It is practically impossible for you NOT to buy a copy tomorrow! :D Nick will be proud of you!

not tomorrow, on Monday. When the signed copy actually arrives. Ahahaha oh I'm pathetic. But then again, I wouldn't dare to call myself Fucking Manics Fan if I had only ONE copy of that album.

Borderliner 20-09-2013 19:12

I just wanna go to sleep but I cannot close my eyes reminds me of Machinist.

bachelorette 20-09-2013 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562616)
not tomorrow, on Monday. When the signed copy actually arrives. Ahahaha oh I'm pathetic. But then again, I wouldn't dare to call myself Fucking Manics Fan if I had only ONE copy of that album.

Exactly, the joys of multiple copies! I've got three versions of JFPL and at least two of various of the others. That's not excessive at all!

sculptureofabloke 20-09-2013 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562379)
Actually, Rich, I am in Poland. Does it say so? Fasctinating. You have a signed version? Or which one?

Oh sorry I thought you were still in Spain. Oh yeah course I didn't think of that! Can't imagine the band going to Poland to sign them... I don't know when that happened though, must be pretty recent? Unless Sony stuff has been getting pressed in Poland for a few years, last few just say EU I think?

Anyway, says:
Sony Music Entertainment Poland SP.
Z O.O. UL. Choralna 13, 02-879 Warszawa

If that means anything to you :P

Deets 20-09-2013 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2562621)
Exactly, the joys of multiple copies! I've got three versions of JFPL and at least two of various of the others. That's not excessive at all!

I have 6 versions of GT, 3 versions of GATS and THB, 4 versions of KYE, and EMG, 3 of FD, 2 of LT, 4 of TGW and IKTZ, 4 of JFPL, 2 of NT and one for LB, SATT and PFAYM.

and I swear I have no idea where I got all those GT copies from.

sculptureofabloke 20-09-2013 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562630)
I have 6 versions of GT, 3 versions of GATS and THB, 4 versions of KYE, and EMG, 3 of FD, 2 of LT, 4 of TGW and IKTZ, 4 of JFPL, 2 of NT and one for LB, SATT and PFAYM.

and I swear I have no idea where I got all those GT copies from.

Pfft, amateur :P

Deets 20-09-2013 19:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2562629)
Oh sorry I thought you were still in Spain. Oh yeah course I didn't think of that! Can't imagine the band going to Poland to sign them... I don't know when that happened though, must be pretty recent? Unless Sony stuff has been getting pressed in Poland for a few years, last few just say EU I think?

Anyway, says:
Sony Music Entertainment Poland SP.
Z O.O. UL. Choralna 13, 02-879 Warszawa

If that means anything to you :P

Didn't Nicky tweet a pic of them signing the copies? There were only pages, not full cd covers.

Sony's address in Warsaw. Should write to them how much I hate them for lack of promotion.

Really, Richey, if they were in Poland anywhere, I'd know. It's my 6th sense, it appears for example in shopping malls where I can find the only item in leopard print in the whole shop. Tellin you, I can go full Haley Joel Osment sometimes

Deets 20-09-2013 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2562632)
Pfft, amateur :P

show off!

sculptureofabloke 20-09-2013 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562633)
Didn't Nicky tweet a pic of them signing the copies? There were only pages, not full cd covers.

Sony's address in Warsaw. Should write to them how much I hate them for lack of promotion.

Really, Richey, if they were in Poland anywhere, I'd know. It's my 6th sense, it appears for example in shopping malls where I can find the only item in leopard print in the whole shop. Tellin you, I can go full Haley Joel Osment sometimes

Oh no, the 2cds are the same as the NT, PFAYM and JFPL ones, no slipcase or anything, it's the front that's signed.

The Manics shop is shite isn't it? Would've thought maybe the vinyl reissues would be on there or at least some actual cds!

Haha I can believe it!

tzb 20-09-2013 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2562629)
Z O.O. UL.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/72f34d529...zbdco1_400.jpg

Deets 20-09-2013 19:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2562637)
Oh no, the 2cds are the same as the NT, PFAYM and JFPL ones, no slipcase or anything, it's the front that's signed.

The Manics shop is shite isn't it? Would've thought maybe the vinyl reissues would be on there or at least some actual cds!

Haha I can believe it!

I've been searching around and can order PFAYM and GT 20 ANNIV on vinyls from my local music shop in a right price. And that excludes fucking shipping, so I'll probably do that soon.

is the signed 2cd like JFPL signed/PFAYM signed? you know, book-like?

mar 20-09-2013 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562641)
I've been searching around and can order PFAYM and GT 20 ANNIV on vinyls from my local music shop in a right price. And that excludes fucking shipping, so I'll probably do that soon.

yes it's book like.

sculptureofabloke 20-09-2013 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2562641)

Yeah it is, but the signatures are on the front rather than the inside like with JFPL.

Postage on vinyl is such a bitch. I don't know if it'll be the same for Poland but I managed to pick up the Everything Must Go reissue vinyl off Amazon for about £13 plus £1.28 postage or whatever it is, and it came from America what the fuck. Have a look :)