Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Live Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   26/05/19 Edinburgh Usher Hall (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62927)

MSPKYE 22-10-2018 09:41

26/05/19 Edinburgh Usher Hall

tiger 23-10-2018 09:38

Just a head's up - this is same day as the Edinburgh Marathon, so hotels are likely to be on the more expensive side to a normal Sunday.

MrsBateman 30-10-2018 07:09

There's still tickets available on the Usher Hall website if anyone was planning on going!

Repoman 02-11-2018 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger (Post 2675910)
Just a head's up - this is same day as the Edinburgh Marathon, so hotels are likely to be on the more expensive side to a normal Sunday.

Now you've got me thinking....marathon then the gig!

ron the little seal 17-05-2019 18:59

Anyone know stage times

CraigFairlie 24-05-2019 11:28

Really looking forward to this one. Looking forward to catching up with friends too.

sparklytiara 26-05-2019 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron the little seal (Post 2678976)
Anyone know stage times

So far Manics been 8.45

Hoosteen 26-05-2019 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron the little seal (Post 2678976)
Anyone know stage times

On the usher hall Facebook page they say Gwenno 7:30-8:15 and Manics 8:45-10:30

tiger 26-05-2019 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repoman (Post 2676223)
Now you've got me thinking....marathon then the gig!

Did you?! I see one guy here near the front in a “finisher” t-shirt from the marathon earlier. I’m exhausted just from the steps to my seat!

tiger 26-05-2019 22:08

https://youtu.be/K_UMCVfZ7Qs Sweet Child O’Mine!!!

Having seen previous setlists, I was hoping for From Despair... JDB started saying they were going to play someone else’s song “just for fun” - I was expecting Umbrella.
We got THIS!!

The Crow 26-05-2019 22:31

They've always been a fan of this song for a long time but I don't recall a full live cover, usually just a snnipet.

Probably getting in the mood for Bon Jovi lol

Red 26-05-2019 22:51

Fuck, what a gig!

First, the bad: Two more fights at this gig, both caused by people down the front getting fabulously offended at the thought that people jumping around and having fun (like you're meant to, y'know, when you're at the front, at a rock gig) might bump into them. If anyone reading this is of a similar mindset: stay further back if you treasure your personal space that much. Standing tickets sold out before the seated tickets at tonight's gig, so you've really no excuse. If someone does bump into you, if you could avoid lashing out at them, that'd be grand. Someone probably bumped them into you.

On that note, on the off-chance that the girl in the red t-shirt is reading, I hope you were able to stick around for the rest of the gig. That horrible little gremlin he was with left soon after he was removed. You would've been okay.

Also, they played Your Love Alone. Seriously guys, you're playing to the fanbase on this tour. We're here for the deeper cuts, not the festival setlists.

The good: It was the Manics as good as I've seen them. To be honest, I was pretty critical last time at the band's newfound laziness, but I've come to accept now that James can give up some guitar duties to the hired hands, since it really just makes it stand out more when he takes over for the super-JDB moments. He absolutely tore it up tonight, with his work on Sleepflower being a particular highlight.

Apart from that, I honestly just about cried at points during the TIMTTMY set. Seeing James belt out the "grown up or backwards born / into eternity and black holes / floating around up here on my own" bit of Be Natural, for one part, it just got me. You know those moments when you're listening to something, and it takes you right back to the first time you heard it? Be Natural was something I first heard when music was still something new to me, and it's a line planted really so deep in my brain that I think it formed a part of my being. I love that album, and I was so glad that the band delivered that part of that song, and everything else they played from that album and beyond, so well.

Also, good to see James looking slimmer and fitter, and Nicky being talkative. Loved his WIRE jacket, too. Great gig, and a great night all in.

tiger 26-05-2019 22:58

My brief thoughts:
Be Natural should be kept in every setlist forever from now. Sublime.
Black Dog full band is incredibly good. It somehow transported me back to pre-TIMT era, sounded like the band in their younger days playing, for a moment.
SYMM surprisingly (for me) a high point.
YLA was my toilet break song. I was not the only one! I could’ve interchanged it with International Blue though.
Bit of a skirmish at the end of Motorcycle. Couple of people thrown out.
Solitude, which I’d been really looking forward to, was a let-down. Seemed to be just going through the motions on that one. Maybe JDB’s mind was on the next track...! Mind blown
Over-all, I left on a huge high. I wasn’t expecting to - TIMT has never been a favourite, and I was never much of a Tolerate fan, but this was up there with one of the best Manics gigs I’ve been to in recent years.

Europa Gluten Free 27-05-2019 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger (Post 2679227)
https://youtu.be/K_UMCVfZ7Qs Sweet Child O’Mine!!!

Having seen previous setlists, I was hoping for From Despair... JDB started saying they were going to play someone else’s song “just for fun” - I was expecting Umbrella.
We got THIS!!

Fuck me. And on a Firebird too. Amazing.

UEF 27-05-2019 07:28

Nice surprise for everyone that was there. JDB probably wanted to play it for years