Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Generation Terrorists: 20th Anniversary Edition (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58388)

MSPKYE 23-03-2012 09:13

Generation Terrorists: 20th Anniversary Edition

Hopes and expectations for the release?

It definitely needs remastering, would they go as far as a re-record for some tracks or just leave them raw and young? Wonder which demos they have stocked up and unheard things, maybe Behave Yourself Baby will get a single release (you know it makes sense)

relic 23-03-2012 09:17

James, Nicky and Sean werewolf transformation video for Damn Dog?

Dancing Kirby 23-03-2012 09:39

As much as it would be good to hear, they can't do any re-recording or remixing without rendering the original album completely redundant. I still think the remastering for Stay Beautiful and Love's Sweet Exile on National Treasures is great. If they can get everything else up to that level (which, to my ears, they didn't do on NT, especially You Love Us), then that's a job well done.

Obviously the anniversary has been and gone, so I take that to mean they'll be using the Christmas market once more to release a rip off box set version. I wonder what unbranded goodies they'll pick up from the Boots sale to include in it this time?

AK47 23-03-2012 09:45

I really hope they do this re-release justice. It would be excellent to have the original album remastered on CD1 and on CD2 to have a lot of demo tracks, outtakes, etc. The DVD SHOULD include all of the videos from that period on Hi-Def format. I very much doubt we'll see any of the Astoria shows on the DVD. The idea of re-recording sounds good, in theory, however, all I would personally want is for the drums to be redone. The vocals from James are fantastic anyway and to re-record vocals or tracks from scratch would diminish the youthfulness of the original recordings. I'm all for a residency somewhere for the band to play GT in its entireity :)

nocultureicons 23-03-2012 09:46

Remastering and the demos Nicky mentioned is a given. I hope he was serious about the release and not just being Nickyish.

I'd like a bonus disc of the album rerecorded or acoustic but there's no way that'll happen. Not fussed about the bsides being on there, want as much stuff I've not heard before. I mainly got the NT box for the remastered GT era stuff.

Maybe they've got some archive live footage for a DVD? That'd get a thumbs up from me.

AK47 23-03-2012 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2446805)
As much as it would be good to hear, they can't do any re-recording or remixing without rendering the original album completely redundant. I still think the remastering for Stay Beautiful and Love's Sweet Exile on National Treasures is great. If they can get everything else up to that level (which, to my ears, they didn't do on NT, especially You Love Us), then that's a job well done.

Obviously the anniversary has been and gone, so I take that to mean they'll be using the Christmas market once more to release a rip off box set version. I wonder what unbranded goodies they'll pick up from the Boots sale to include in it this time?

There is a rumour that the box set will come with a Richey Edwards "razor blade slash" action figure and a "screaming in fear" Steve LaMaque figure. Apparently, Nicky has been going around Clarks looking for as many empty shoeboxes he can find :)

everlasting 23-03-2012 10:40

They actually going to release an anniversary edition? I hope there's a really good DVD with cool interviews and lots of live and TV performances. And I hope the booklet(s) will be able to be removed from the packaging cos it's annoying having to lay the entire Holy Bible and EMG packages down on a table or my bed to read the booklets.

The Gutless Wonder 23-03-2012 10:41

Looking forward to the interview bits! :D

Dext37 Fielding 23-03-2012 12:05

Full video for Strip it Down?

nocultureicons 23-03-2012 13:22

Oh yeah, I hope they drag that one out of the vault kicking and screaming!

exopotamie 23-03-2012 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocultureicons (Post 2446809)
Remastering and the demos Nicky mentioned is a given. I hope he was serious about the release and not just being Nickyish.

I'd like a bonus disc of the album rerecorded or acoustic but there's no way that'll happen. Not fussed about the bsides being on there, want as much stuff I've not heard before. I mainly got the NT box for the remastered GT era stuff.

Maybe they've got some archive live footage for a DVD? That'd get a thumbs up from me.

Ugh, that was something I didn't know I wanted until you mentioned it and now I want it so badly! :P

The Gutless Wonder 23-03-2012 13:47

Something to look forward to anyway! Yay! :D

A Design For Manic 23-03-2012 14:01

they needs remastering it but I prefer leave them raw and young...

Scarecrow 23-03-2012 14:48

I'd love for this to come out. All the other bands doing deluxe versions (Pumpkins, Suede, Mary Chain etc) seem to get it right. Remastering, demos, era gig on DVD would be fantastic.

Flint 23-03-2012 15:05

All the b-sides and some interesting demos, ta. Leave the remixes, acoustic versions and live stuff off.