Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Deets 19-05-2011 20:40

Random Manics thoughts...

Do you sometimes have an idea that doesn't fit to any of the threads or you think it's silly to dig out one of the old ones? pointless to create a new one? or are you confused and don't know whether to write this either in Manics discussion or in Random Thoughts?
it doesn't have to be controversial, just a thought you'd like to share!

I'll start!

Reasons why Autumnsong is a bad song:
- 90% of the lyrics
- over-produced
- there's no Nicky (or other band members) in the video

EDIT
Please, move it to MSP Discussion general board.

Finn 19-05-2011 20:47

Great idea for a thread :D I'll move it over.

Deets 19-05-2011 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Finn (Post 2281591)
Great idea for a thread :D I'll move it over.

thanks Finn for moving here :smile:

meganslastwords 19-05-2011 21:11

what relevance does nicky swimming in the empty souls video bear to anything? :L

Nature's Discontent 19-05-2011 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by meganslastwords (Post 2281650)
what relevance does nicky swimming in the empty souls video bear to anything? :L

He's swimming in a sea of empty souls, innit :joey:

foundthatsoul 19-05-2011 21:28

Oh my! i was just thinking about this the other day that a Random Thoughts Manics thread would be class. Cos I had a random thought but didn't wanna start a new thread for it. I can't mind now what the thought was though!!!!

The Gutless Wonder 20-05-2011 07:43

Why does the cuddly bulldog in the front of their tourbus want to be left alone? That's what I wanna know! :lol:

allisvanity 20-05-2011 08:12

I can't wait for Cardiff on saturday knowing that we are possibly going to get Of Walking Abortion and Solitude Sometimes Is! Who knows if they have anything special planned for their home-town show as well?

Deets 20-05-2011 17:52

Greatest Hits tour is a good idea only if the setlist includes songs like Richard Nixon, Empty Souls, solo singles and stuff ommited on FD, LIKE STAY BEAUTIFUL FFS!!!

yeah I'll buy the cd and go on the tour anyway...

Lindz Delirium 21-05-2011 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by meganslastwords (Post 2281650)

Why does it need to? It's Nicky swimming :heart:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2281846)
Why does the cuddly bulldog in the front of their tourbus want to be left alone? That's what I wanna know! :lol:

Cos he looks like Phil and you don't mess with Phil, get on the right side of him and he'll be your friend for life, get on the wrong side of him and ...well...he'll run you over.

Little Troll 21-05-2011 09:00

This is a good idea! I had a thought the other day which I didn't think fitted into any of the threads which this would have been perfect for. Unfortunately, I've now forgotten it. Never mind.

cricri 21-05-2011 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2281582)

Reasons why Autumnsong is a bad song:
- 90% of the lyrics
- over-produced
- there's no Nicky (or other band members) in the video

I was thinking of getting a tattoo with it/part of it, one day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindz Delirium (Post 2282512)
Why does it need to? It's Nicky swimming :heart:

LoL what she said!

meganslastwords 21-05-2011 09:59

I think that when they play Kevin Carter live Sean should actually play trumpet, it'd be great

Deets 21-05-2011 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by meganslastwords (Post 2282536)
I think that when they play Kevin Carter live Sean should actually play trumpet, it'd be great

in the past there were petitions signed in the queues before the gigs to make Sean to play on trumpet.

Little Troll 21-05-2011 10:51

Still find it hilarious that my dad didn't know who Nicky Wire is, even after the amount I go on about him, yet he knew who Simon Price was and thought Simon Price was the Manics' bassist!

Also, really wish I hadn't lent my mum my copy of The Holy Bible. Thought she wouldn't like it but lent it to her anyway because she asked and now she's listening to it on repeat on her iPod and singing a long to Faster and Revol at the top of her voice and very out of tune...