Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dave Eringa mixing Manics live show (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63160)

Phil C 29-05-2020 14:28

Dave Eringa mixing Manics live show

Yesterday I watched an interview with Dave Eringa which was carried out during lockdown, in which he revealed that he has just finished mixing a Manics live show. He didn't say which or what it was for, but he did mention it was a show in which they played 'Tolerate' (so not a GATS show to go along with the reissue). But maybe there's a live album or DVD coming?

UEF 29-05-2020 16:49

National Treasures (the singles gig)? That's a DVD I'd buy, and if I recall, no video has been seen from it

LA ex 29-05-2020 16:49

National Treasures show for me is the most iconic they've done since Cuba. It definitely deserved a proper release, and from the amount of tracks off it suggests there must be some decent quality recordings. Timing seems a bit weird though.

LA ex 29-05-2020 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2682789)
National Treasures (the singles gig)? That's a DVD I'd buy, and if I recall, no video has been seen from it

Great minds think alike (and post at exactly the same time!)

Lee 29-05-2020 17:42

A complete waste of a soundboard recording was that.

35-odd songs, a good number of rarities, staggered on various formats and different releases. Whack the full gig on iTunes for 7 quid or something.

UEF 29-05-2020 17:49

Even more worryingly, it was nearly 10 years ago :scared:

Phil C 29-05-2020 18:43

I think it's unlikely to be National Treasures unless they only mixed the tracks that ended up being released as otherwise it's already been mixed, and it's so long ago now. Personally I'd love the Homecoming show with its acoustic and strings set but I suspect it's more likely to be a show from Truth20 as it's their biggest album across Europe and the most recent tour. But we'll have to see.

Son of Stopped 29-05-2020 20:57

It's on DVD but would you buy a CD of the Manic Millennium?
Still think you could do a double album, each side taken from one different gig. So rather the complaint of "Sounded unfocused with all different venues" it's under half an hour of concentrated extracts from last few years shows? If you take the tours from their last decade, THB, EMG, SATT, TIMTTMY, you could get a double from those shows and not be accused of ripping fans off?
Maybe the stickler is which version of the hits sounded better from each recording?
That might explain why they haven't gone into full live albums?
A dread that from there on in the playing becomes lesser.

Or it could be a 20 year old show! What do I know? This is more substantive than another wish list thread.

everlasting 30-05-2020 17:23

Ooo look forward to new Manics recordings done properly. It was annoying looking back that they didn't just release the National Treasures concert in full on CD over two discs. I'd have absolutely loved for them to have filmed it for a dvd / blu ray release but I guess maybe it was too expensive for them to do, but it was such a missed opportunity if you ask me.
Maybe Eringa was bored and just mixed a random show to entertain himself? We'll find out, I guess.

kevoutus 31-05-2020 09:44

Know Your Enemy reissue? Mixing for Cuba gig?

Routine Builder 31-05-2020 10:43

I wonder if it's Glastonbury 99, possibly as a consolation for this year's cancelled gig?

Europa Gluten Free 31-05-2020 11:07

Most likely Glastonbury 99 as part of the BBCs thing this year.

Routine Builder 31-05-2020 11:13

If so, they better not cut Prologue or Yes!

UEF 02-06-2020 06:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free (Post 2682811)
Most likely Glastonbury 99 as part of the BBCs thing this year.

Wouldn’t be remixing a bit of old telly footage surely

centralscrutiniser 02-06-2020 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevoutus (Post 2682809)
Know Your Enemy reissue? Mixing for Cuba gig?

This sounds like a decent shout to me.