Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richey Movie? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63073)

Dac X Lee 07-08-2019 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2679937)
... a boy too!

That would be amazing... thanks for just putting the idea of a Ghibli Manics movie in my head.

You're very welcome! ♥
But it would even make much more sense than Hollywood because the Manics are Big in Japan, not USA.

ComixWave Films studios would do a good job too, I believe.
While watching Your Name, I thought the way they so gorgeously depicted a tragedy was so Manicsy.

almostfamous 07-08-2019 12:11

This will be cobblers. A music biopic without the actual music is DOA.

Its the equivalent of those bargain bin music docs that float unflattering dodgy photos of the artist whilst the directors brothers nephews garage band play music vaguely in the style of said artist but not close enough to get sued. Basically the sort of car crash tragi-comic guff thats on Channel 5 at 11.05pm on a Tuesday night where a 60 year old four feet overweight midget in a massive wig is trying to portray Freddie Mercury or someone.

Son of Stopped 07-08-2019 13:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by almostfamous (Post 2679947)
This will be cobblers. A music biopic without the actual music is DOA.

Its the equivalent of those bargain bin music docs that float unflattering dodgy photos of the artist whilst the directors brothers nephews garage band play music vaguely in the style of said artist but not close enough to get sued. Basically the sort of car crash tragi-comic guff thats on Channel 5 at 11.05pm on a Tuesday night where a 60 year old four feet overweight midget in a massive wig is trying to portray Freddie Mercury or someone.

So let's see if we can make this thread about the progress of the film!
So far the Manics have disowned and not having anything to do with it, and going from consensus on here everyone thinks it will be shit.
So plenty of time for the lady director to razzle dazzle!
Unless it's a Supervillain getting skin problems in a Lindy Heymann mask trying to get the access code to the hidden Richey era material needed to power a brainwashing machine, obviously.

hummingbird 07-08-2019 18:14

Oh christ

raven 07-08-2019 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2679949)
Oh christ

For the role of Richey?

Glass Angel 07-08-2019 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 2679905)
Kind of expected.

I remember around the time of TIMT, James saying that it’s inevitable a film about Richey will be made (although he probably didn’t mean 20 years later!) and he didn’t sound chuffed about it.

I remember that, he said something like ‘Richey would be sat in the corner cutting himself, and I’d be like ‘chill out, have a pint!’’ He seemed kind of resigned and mildly amused by the idea, in a kind of ‘it’ll be shit, but what can you do?’ way.

Hopefully the film will at least be respectful of all concerned.

everlasting 07-08-2019 21:35

It'll be a terrible movie and probably way off the mark. If it happens, the only thing we can hope for is it's made well, received well and does the Manics and Richey justice, maybe even gaining them a few more fans. We'll see. Of course, unless they can persuade the band to give their blessing, use the music and whatnot, then it'll be pretty lame I imagine and air on TV in the early hours of the morning to be seen by about three people, never to known about by anyone else.

BloodFlowerBill 08-08-2019 00:12

Sounds really bad.

Glass Angel 09-08-2019 06:26

Who would you vote for each role though?

Robert Sheehan for Richey?

blackflower 09-08-2019 07:52

Maxim Baldry has a very similar look to Richey and is young enough (23) to play him from late teens til the age he disappeared. Brilliant actor too.

Dac X Lee 09-08-2019 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glass Angel (Post 2679965)
Who would you vote for each role though?

Robert Sheehan for Richey?

Wynona Ryder for Richey.

UEF 09-08-2019 11:14

The guy who was singing Bohemian Rhapsody in We Will Rock You in 2002: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCvufqSdkt4&t=2m04s

raven 09-08-2019 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dac X Lee (Post 2679968)
Wynona Ryder for Richey.

Good call:)

Hilary Swank bears more than a passing resemblance...

But let's call Winona

Glass Angel 09-08-2019 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflower (Post 2679967)
Maxim Baldry has a very similar look to Richey and is young enough (23) to play him from late teens til the age he disappeared. Brilliant actor too.

Oooh, yes, I love him!

Porco 09-08-2019 19:44

I think Harry Visinoni (Seb off Coronation Street) would be a great young JDB. For mannerisms as much as appearance.

https://s3.gifyu.com/images/SebJDB.jpg