Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Deets 06-01-2015 18:56

nme should put 4real photo on their cover for Richey's disappearance anniversary. WITH the transcript of "sleeping with the nme" inside

gracie 06-01-2015 19:10

I made my Dad put my JFPL CD on in the car today.

He sat through the entire thing, but after Bag Lady finished he then pronounced 'It's shit. Not my cup of tea baby'.

He also added various snide comments about William's Last Words (Nicky's singing) and them singing about flower arranging (VSEC).

I've put it down to him not knowing real music if it hit him in the face :D :D :D

Bambi 06-01-2015 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2630735)
James Dean Bradfield is the most American name ever.

I just read about a woman called Shelby Swink, which I think is fabulously only-in-American. :D Do you think if James had been called Clint Eastwood Bradfield (as astonishingly suggested by his dad) and Richey had been the poor sod in his family who got called Christmas, that this would have hindered and embarrassed them to the extent where they would never have been in a band?

gracie 07-01-2015 17:19

Someone should create a thread where everyone can list their ten favourite Manics songs.

AK47 07-01-2015 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciemanics (Post 2631255)
Someone should create a thread where everyone can list their ten favourite Manics songs.

Yeah because this place could really do with lists....

Littlesue 07-01-2015 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2631260)
Yeah because this place could really do with lists....

No need to be so hard on the young lady, she only around recently, she would'nt know about all the lists!

hummingbird 07-01-2015 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 2631207)
I just read about a woman called Shelby Swink, which I think is fabulously only-in-American. :D Do you think if James had been called Clint Eastwood Bradfield (as astonishingly suggested by his dad) and Richey had been the poor sod in his family who got called Christmas, that this would have hindered and embarrassed them to the extent where they would never have been in a band?

i doubt they would've survived school with those names never mind be in a band :p

gracie 07-01-2015 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlesue (Post 2631282)
No need to be so hard on the young lady, she only around recently, she would'nt know about all the lists!

Thank you. :heart:

I have no idea what has gone on in the past - and due to that post I think it's safe for me not to ask/go into it haha! :rolleyes:

hummingbird 07-01-2015 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlesue (Post 2631282)

Indeed. Also it's good to see some new fan enthusiasm about the place

gracie 07-01-2015 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2631302)
Indeed. Also it's good to see some new fan enthusiasm about the place

:heart: :)

gracie 08-01-2015 00:56

Woah. Just as I think I've seen every Manics picture under the sun, tumblr just throws up more for me to swoon over.
Might need to buy a memory stick specifically for Manics related stuff.

In other news, the more Sean pictures I see, the more I'm like :D :D :D - I feel like I should be in the appreciation threads but I'm scared because I cringe at fanfic, no matter how good it is...

BeautyBeyondLust 08-01-2015 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2631284)
i doubt they would've survived school with those names never mind be in a band :p

Knowing the Blackwood area as I do, I feel you're right there!

Strawberry 09-01-2015 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciemanics (Post 2631203)
I made my Dad put my JFPL CD on in the car today.

He sat through the entire thing, but after Bag Lady finished he then pronounced 'It's shit. Not my cup of tea baby'.

He also added various snide comments about William's Last Words (Nicky's singing) and them singing about flower arranging (VSEC).

I've put it down to him not knowing real music if it hit him in the face :D :D :D

Your father sounds like Austin Powers. :P

I'm not sure if my father would like Manic Street Preachers either; I think he prefers Katherine Jenkins. He did used to sometimes wear a balaclava, though.

Suicide Aldi 09-01-2015 14:36

My dad likes the manics. He was well into TIMTTMY when it came out. He's not a total obsessive like me though.

Finn 09-01-2015 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2631186)
Manics? Nope, Hall & Oates. Was listenting to this and thought it was so Richey-like! :lol:

One of my favourite songs, and I've often thought the same!