Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RiF Album Chart Predictions (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62799)

WhatsAManic 09-04-2018 21:16

RiF Album Chart Predictions

I saw a few posts about this in the main thread but thought it was highly discussion worthy, so I created this thread.

It seems that the album release date was pushed back a week in order to prevent a chart battle with Kylie's new album (currently at #1 on the Official Midweek Chart) and looking ahead I can't see many other major releases lined up for this Friday.

The main competition RiF will face is likely the soundtrack to The Greatest Showman, and the aforementioned Kylie album - so what do you think the chances are of the Manics receiving their first #1 album in 20 years?

Europa Gluten Free 09-04-2018 21:34

No.2 of course!

Son of Stopped 09-04-2018 22:58

Judging by the thanks for the preorders I'm saying number 1.
IB well received. Press saying it's not that political and about inspirations might be the perfect entry for the casuals. Mondeo Man cursory returns.

Number 1 and you can hurl abuse at me for jinxing it!

Porco 10-04-2018 08:31

I'm going to predict No.1 as well! Come on Manics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2671391)
Mondeo Man cursory returns.

#'Return of the MondeoMan, (once again) Return of the MondeoMan (here I am) Return of the MondeoMan (top of the world) You know that I'll be back (doo-dooo-doooo)'

Now that's how you jinx it! :lol:

Son of Stopped 10-04-2018 09:05

"Oh I wish Lifeblood or JFPL got to number 1 instead of RIF" #futuremanicsmoans

everlasting 10-04-2018 18:06

Hopeful for a No.1. but it'll definitely go top 3 for sure. Kylie's new album sales will be way down next week, and the sales of that musical film are slowing down now that Mother's Day and Easter are gone. I reckon sales will be around the 20k mark which is what Futurology got in the first week to get to No.2 in the charts. If they manage a No.1 placing it will be great and worth celebrating for the band, I'm gonna have a bottle of wine handy regardless for Friday evening :D They just need to some TV exposure to help spread the word, to be honest. Come on Manics!!

Europa Gluten Free 10-04-2018 19:06

In all seriousness, it is set to be no.1, isn't it? There are no other big albums out that week? They've been doing a lot pf promo and the reviews have been glowing.

ForeverDelayed.com 11-04-2018 02:55

#1, then # 36 the week after, and #88 the week after that

Routine Builder 11-04-2018 06:31

Porco 11-04-2018 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Routine Builder (Post 2671435)

A little pessimistic, no? :D

almostfamous 12-04-2018 10:08

It'll be No2. We are The Underdogs after all. The hopes and dreams of a few plucky rebels (i.e. us lot) aren't enough to topple the colossal power of The Jackman and his evil circus hands....

...unless bloody ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys, er, Farmfoods et al decide to take a crazy risk and put it on their shelves too. Us brave folk can only carry this Baby to 20k, y'know, pre-ordering, buying multiple copies for our cats. If we're going to take down The Showman we'll need White Van Man, Ageing Punk, Fans of Samurai-based Artwork, Bored Housewife and....yes, possibly even Stereophonics fans to help us.

Only then, Comrades, do we have a shot in hell at blowing up the Death Star.

IntlDebris 13-04-2018 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by almostfamous (Post 2671495)
...unless bloody ASDA, Tesco, Sainsburys, er, Farmfoods et al decide to take a crazy risk and put it on their shelves too.

Picked mine up from Sainsburys this afternoon, and ours recently underwent a very drastic down-sizing in their CD department. So it's definitely got as much chance as possible.
I'm still betting number 2 though. It's what they do best.

Routine Builder 13-04-2018 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2671436)
A little pessimistic, no? :D

For 13th album released on the 13th, I think that's bloody optimistic!

wireintheblood 16-04-2018 12:24

So, according to the official charts website, Kylie got to Number 1 with 48000 copies sold.. beating that circus shite by 13000.

Futurology sold 20000 in the UK in its first week.

Let's hope resistance IS futile 😞

burnleybassman 16-04-2018 12:27

Anyone know why it was released on a Friday or are all new records released on that day as opposed to a Monday?