Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Be Pure. Be Vigilant. Behave - New Kieran Evans Holy Bible Tour Film (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62508)

MSPKYE 12-10-2016 15:26

Be Pure. Be Vigilant. Behave - New Kieran Evans Holy Bible Tour Film

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4c&oe=58A0DD03

everlasting 12-10-2016 16:14

Cool, something new. This isn't that Freed From The Memory documentary thing then, is it? I'm a bit confused. Wonder what this is will, interviews and some gig footage?

Nobody 12-10-2016 16:48

Very cool, really like the poster. I expect this will get an individual DVD release (hopefully blu-ray as well) being theres no other reissues to package it in.

Routine Builder 12-10-2016 18:49

According to Mr. Evans, no plan for a release. Typical...

Marconi Delorian 12-10-2016 18:57

Why would you make it and not release it?

everlasting 12-10-2016 19:25

No plans for a release? Then what the hell is the point of this then? A handful of people will see it, that's it. Brilliant. Has anyone heard any news on the 'Escape From History' documentary that was fleetingly mentioned back in April with not a single word on it since?

cricri 12-10-2016 19:31

Yeah, well, Manics fans are famous for always complaining and just being self-entitled twats, but fuck me, why would you announce a one night only event for a movie you have no intention to officially release, with just a one week notice? In Cardiff. On a Wednesday night.
This is really beyond me, I'm sorry.

Routine Builder 12-10-2016 19:34

Considering the bullshit Elisabeth from "No Manifesto" had to go through, I'm not surprised. Maybe it might be thrown on the 40th anniversary edition....

Abstract Unknown Girl 12-10-2016 19:38

Well this is massively annoying. If it had to be next week, why not Friday or Saturday afternoon seen as there will be plenty of Manics fans about in Cardiff for James' solo gig on Saturday night? Bad scheduling and stupid that it won't be seen anywhere else.

Automatik 12-10-2016 20:22

I hope Pat Mills and Kev O'Neill receive free tickets.

hummingbird 12-10-2016 21:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricri (Post 2662729)
Yeah, well, Manics fans are famous for always complaining and just being self-entitled twats, but fuck me, why would you announce a one night only event for a movie you have no intention to officially release, with just a one week notice? In Cardiff. On a Wednesday night.
This is really beyond me, I'm sorry.

Forgotten all about this.

I agree ... very very silly.. expect it'll turn up somewhere eventually.....people can change their minds. Once upon a time there was never going to be album tours. Look what happened there.. Might just be a marketing ruse to make sure it sells out too :mrgreen:

Also agree nice poster :)

Frozendiva 12-10-2016 21:32

Being across the pond....

Why no '.' after Behave?

Porco 12-10-2016 22:08

Hopefully it'll get a Blu-ray release, or if not a slightly less pleasing online or DVD release. Until such time it doesn't really exist to me, so what have I lost? Nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frozendiva (Post 2662735)
Being across the pond....

Why no '.' after Behave?

Some possible reasons:

1) It's a clever, and telling reference to Richey not being around... no final full stop (period) on the band, eternal hope of him being ok somewhere else.

2) It's an ironic two-fingered salute to the word 'behave', as in 'hey, we don't need to follow all your punctuation rules, man '.

3) It's designed to appeal to those following the advice given. If so, congratulations, you passed the test, your pure insight, vigilance and bravery led you to point out the lack of the full stop.

4) Someone just forgot

pineapple 12-10-2016 23:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2662736)

Some possible reasons:

1) It's a clever, and telling reference to Richey not being around... no final full stop (period) on the band, eternal hope of him being ok somewhere else.

2) It's an ironic two-fingered salute to the word 'behave', as in 'hey, we don't need to follow all your punctuation rules, man '.

3) It's designed to appeal to those following the advice given. If so, congratulations, you passed the test, your pure insight, vigilance and bravery led you to point out the lack of the full stop.

4) Someone just forgot

Using Occam's Razor I'm going to assume number 4 ;)

cricri 13-10-2016 07:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by hummingbird (Post 2662734)
Forgotten all about this.

You're mostly welcome, L!
See you next Saturday?