Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Nicky Wire album? (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63179)

ron the little seal 08-09-2020 12:05

Ok we had the jdb album now the glorious Nicky album please

Lee 13-10-2020 18:45

What do we reckon then, this happening or not?

Mid-October now, we’ll have the KYE20 stuff to look at from January or Feb (presumably it’ll be released in March), then possibly a new MSP album in the summer.

Nicky’s going to have to get this out soon if he wants to dedicate a month of interviews and promo etc.

UEF 14-10-2020 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 2685003)
Nicky’s going to have to get this out soon if he wants to dedicate a month of interviews and promo etc.

Don't see him doing the JDB style 5 interviews a day for a month... don't remember much in the way of promo for IKTZ. A show in the Hay Festival... anything else?

Elizabeth M 14-10-2020 15:52

Quote:

He doesn't :lol:

Suicide Aldi 14-10-2020 16:16

Maybe he wont release it, perhaps he'll just release a video of him burning the tapes, like he threatened to do with JFPL.

Lee 14-10-2020 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth M (Post 2685019)

Go on? Any inside info?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi (Post 2685021)
Maybe he wont release it, perhaps he'll just release a video of him burning the tapes, like he threatened to do with JFPL.

That’s exactly what I was thinking :D

Glyn 14-10-2020 19:23

Wasn't I killed the Zeitgeist (song) a suprise Xmas day download ? Would be happy with the same again this time around

Son of Stopped 14-10-2020 20:39

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elizabeth M (Post 2685019)

That exchange made me :lol:

Son of Stopped 16-05-2021 14:25

Well The Ultra Vivid Lament is on the first page. KYE20 and even James's album is back on the first page! So bumping this to the first page.
Got nothing. No idea of actual release. Just let it drift to the bottom of the first page unless something happens.
Apologies for initial alarm of thread bump.

Son of Stopped 17-11-2021 23:14

RELAX!
Thread slipped to near bottom of page 4. Last statement "Two boxes at my feet, one's KYE, others album".
Paraphrased but closest we've had to acknowledging it's existence than my last post.
Now we let thread glide of the page until further evidence.

Comrade Mike 18-11-2021 10:16

Nicky tweeted "wait until you hear the new [solo album]" last week. Judging from his past statements about upcoming music, that means we'll never hear it.

Son of Stopped 30-01-2022 17:38

Thread slipped to second page. Let it kitchen utensil be moved down out from use to the second page again.

sculptureofabloke 02-02-2022 07:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2685018)
Don't see him doing the JDB style 5 interviews a day for a month... don't remember much in the way of promo for IKTZ. A show in the Hay Festival... anything else?

Not much springs to mind but Soccer AM with em both on was great.

Wire's silly. Must've spent more time and effort promoting Death Of The Polaroid than I Killed The Zeitgeist. Can't remember if there were others, but did at least one instore signing for that at Cardiff HMV. He's a sucker for these romantic rock n' roll stories, the great lost album. No idea if he has been half planning another album, even if it's just coming up with stuff and thinking hmm, not Manics, maybe me.. still, IKTZ was a lot better than I expected at the time.

UEF 02-02-2022 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2692458)
Not much springs to mind but Soccer AM with em both on was great.

Wire's silly. Must've spent more time and effort promoting Death Of The Polaroid than I Killed The Zeitgeist. Can't remember if there were others, but did at least one instore signing for that at Cardiff HMV. He's a sucker for these romantic rock n' roll stories, the great lost album. No idea if he has been half planning another album, even if it's just coming up with stuff and thinking hmm, not Manics, maybe me.. still, IKTZ was a lot better than I expected at the time.

JFPL could've been their 'Smile'!

Son of Stopped 13-09-2022 16:23

James has urged Nicky to release it and did so swearing!
https://www.nme.com/news/music/manic...e-solo-3309414