Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

gracie 01-03-2015 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 2635856)
Like mould! Surely the most comically bad song they ever recorded, and only about 1.5% as good as Murder On the Dancefloor.

There's much worse IMO - I probably meant to say that I can 'stand it' though. It's not good. But I can stand it.

Porco 01-03-2015 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 2635856)
Like mould! Surely the most comically bad song they ever recorded, and only about 1.5% as good as Murder On the Dancefloor.

I think Black Holes For the Young is one of their best B-sides and should have been on the album. So nurr. ;)

Bambi 01-03-2015 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porco (Post 2635891)
I think Black Holes For the Young is one of their best B-sides and should have been on the album. So nurr. ;)

But.... but.... the comedy Transylvania keyboards??! :D

Son of Stopped 01-03-2015 17:56

I would have made a thread about it, and sorry to interrupt the current discussion but:
How would you feel if the band bought out an album but didn't tour it?
"Lipstick Traces" was the last thing I can think of, and even then didn't they do a couple of HMV related appearances?

And "Montana/Autumn '78" and "Buildings For Dead People" are my favourite b-sides from that era.

gracie 01-03-2015 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2635904)
How would you feel if the band bought out an album but didn't tour it?
"Lipstick Traces" was the last thing I can think of, and even then didn't they do a couple of HMV related appearances?

I wouldn't mind to be honest. But if it was an amazing album I could feel...I don't think I'd be very happy. You can't win really.

& yeah they did some HMV things for LT - I watched footage of one a few weeks ago.

Porco 01-03-2015 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 2635903)
But.... but.... the comedy Transylvania keyboards??! :D

Part of its charm as far as I'm concerned! :lol:

gracie 01-03-2015 22:13

Should I just go with a leopard print skater dress kinda thing with tights for May/June HB tour?

I'm buying soon and that's what I'm thinking. Keeping it Manics, does that sound okay guys?

Suicide Aldi 02-03-2015 08:24

I like black holes for the young. Beat truth b side in my opinion!

UEF 02-03-2015 09:01

BHFTY is one of their best b-sides

Lord Revan 03-03-2015 16:24

Does there exist a picture of the Lifeblood cover without the text on it? I would really like to use it for something but "Manic Street Preachers Lifeblood" is in the way.

usagainstyou 03-03-2015 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2636103)
Does there exist a picture of the Lifeblood cover without the text on it? I would really like to use it for something but "Manic Street Preachers Lifeblood" is in the way.

Maybe this one might work?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fCDo9eP7M-...d%2Badvert.jpg

Geranium Terrorists 03-03-2015 16:48

I don't see why they hate Lifeblood so much! After all, the esteemed publication Nuts gave it 5 stars!

bachelorette 03-03-2015 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by gracie (Post 2635925)
Should I just go with a leopard print skater dress kinda thing with tights for May/June HB tour?

I'm buying soon and that's what I'm thinking. Keeping it Manics, does that sound okay guys?

Sounds ace! Anything vaguely Manicsy is fine, you don't have to go combat gear. :X
You can blame the woman in the sailor-style dress, unless I just wear a shirt from the last tour. You see, I am totally entitled to give fashion advice. :D

(a t-shirt and jeans! "just a t-shirt" might be misleading, on second thoughts...)

gracie 03-03-2015 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2636108)
Sounds ace! Anything vaguely Manicsy is fine, you don't have to go combat gear. :X
You can blame the woman in the sailor-style dress, unless I just wear a shirt from the last tour. You see, I am totally entitled to give fashion advice. :D

(a t-shirt and jeans! "just a t-shirt" might be misleading, on second thoughts...)

Thank you!! Combat gear isn't my thing so leopard print dress it is.

& :lol: :lol:

BeautyBeyondLust 07-03-2015 20:59

I've got a khaki, moderately military-style shirt dress in mind for the Castle gig. Subject to change though!