Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

yanushka 06-02-2012 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2432729)
The record label and the band saw "Be Natural" as the lead single from Truth and Tolerate as a b-side. It wasn't until the famous comet sound was added to Tolerate that they realised that the song could be a single. The rest, as they say, is history.

Thanks, I didn't know this. [but then, I'm relatively new in all this manicsy business :)]
I like "Be Natural", but the way "Tolerate" sounds as a single [with the comet sound], it's more like a single than BN. [which was obvious, cuz Tolerate was #1] :D

The Gutless Wonder 06-02-2012 21:26

Dave Eringa 'fluked a good one' on the day, just as the record execs were getting ready to listen to the song! :D (with regard to Tolerate)

AK47 06-02-2012 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2432878)
Dave Eringa 'fluked a good one' on the day, just as the record execs were getting ready to listen to the song! :D (with regard to Tolerate)

Eringa is good at getting a particular sound from the Manics but they always feel like they're in a comfort zone with him which is always a risky step to take when trying to move on musically.

The Gutless Wonder 06-02-2012 21:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2432901)
Eringa is good at getting a particular sound from the Manics but they always feel like they're in a comfort zone with him which is always a risky step to take when trying to move on musically.

Not sure if they will have him as a producer for the next record. We'll have to wait and see. I'm still hoping for Jeff Lynne! :D

AK47 06-02-2012 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2432908)
Not sure if they will have him as a producer for the next record. We'll have to wait and see. I'm still hoping for Jeff Lynne! :D

That would be good but I can actually see the manics avoiding a producer and just demoing the entire lot lol

The Gutless Wonder 07-02-2012 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47 (Post 2432919)
That would be good but I can actually see the manics avoiding a producer and just demoing the entire lot lol

Dammit! :(

mafiamonroe 07-02-2012 14:04

I think now that they have their own studios they'll stick to producing themselves from now on.

The Gutless Wonder 07-02-2012 15:01

James has done bits of production here and there so would be interesting!

Deets 09-02-2012 11:12

Happy 4th Anniversary of Being a Manics Fan to me! It's been crazy since then, it's gonna be even crazier soon with the European tour. I'm so happy :heart:

I think I've reached the point in my fandom, where I accept things without asking or questioning, and I just go with the flow. although it's pretty irritating sometimes when I cancel my Portugal weekend because I have to go to the Manics tour.

My friends keep asking me 'Why are you coming to 3 gigs? Won't they be playing the same songs there?' I shrug, there's no point in explaining them all those reasons and years of fandom.

I also try to be calm when I see or plan things, but inside I'm screaming jumping suffocating fainting. Sometimes only I get overemotional on the outside, you know, but these are those pikes like 'OMG NICKYS SOLO TOUR'. So when there's something announced I have probably died on the inside 100 times.

#very random #very personal #sorry

nocultureicons 09-02-2012 12:03

Happy Anniversary. What was it that happened that means you know the date?

Deets 09-02-2012 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by nocultureicons (Post 2433832)
Happy Anniversary. What was it that happened that means you know the date?

I bought the NME with Glamorous Twins on the cover :heart: :heart: :heart:

franny 09-02-2012 14:52

Mine was December 17th 2007, buying SATT, but I'm more excited for the 28th Feb, my first Manics gig, 4 years ago

/feels old

nocultureicons 09-02-2012 15:09

Can't remember exactly when mine was, April-ish in 97 I think. I bought Everything Must Go in the Easter holidays. Or maybe the half term before it.

Deets 09-02-2012 15:46

http://s13.postimage.org/dtc1hb2pz/1...770_950611.jpg

this is this NME issue, signed by Nicky :heart: now it hangs in a frame above my bed.

MSPKYE 24-02-2012 16:04

There's an advert on TalkSport radio at the moment which uses a jingle that like well and truly completely rips off Firefight