Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

sculptureofabloke 17-05-2017 11:59

Still a few on the go then eh.

UEF 22-05-2017 10:47

We live in a Manics era where James doesn't sing or play a lot of guitar, Nicky writes the hits and Sean is the official band spokesman.

AK47 22-05-2017 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2665727)
We live in a Manics era where James doesn't sing or play a lot of guitar, Nicky writes the hits and Sean is the official band spokesman.

I really want James to be vocally front and center on the next album. I don't mind a single duet but the last two releases have felt like "Manics & Friends". Sean basically only posts news reports on his twitter now and Nicky seems suspiciously absent from the media.

UEF 24-05-2017 09:39

The Nynex show (which became Manchester Arena) was 20 years ago today. :(

slop101 25-05-2017 01:39

What's this I'm hearing of their next album being ELO-inspired?

Haven't they already done stuff like that? I'm just not excited by strings and over-production. I like things a bit more raw and unfiltered.

How about taking inspiration from Cardiff's own Budgie?
I would love nothing more than to hear a Manics album that sounds like how a power-trio should!

Borderliner 01-06-2017 17:26

Listening to Gold Against the Soul right after Futurology. Such a drastic but lovely phase transition!

Automatik 02-06-2017 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayseph (Post 2665581)
Heyday of the blo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ood...

Loved Heyday Of The Blood. Remember Nicky writing something on his short-lived blog (well, scarcely updated blog) about how it was a musical taste of the album to come.

It wasn't.

junkymotown 05-06-2017 10:35

Ran my second marathon yesterday. For the first half I got through the whole of National Treasures (yes, I'm a slow runner).

Realised that, right through to Australia, it's great marathon music. After that... the motivation drops. I mean, running to The Everlasting and There By The Grace of God was a hard slog... haha.

(FYI, in the second half, New Order's "Singles" and the first Happy Mondays album actually did wonders for keeping my spirit up, oddly enough)

Europa Gluten Free 05-06-2017 14:44

Had an incredibly vivid dream last night that the Manics were touring this summer and they asked me (well actually Sean asked me) to join them on guitar. I followed Sean to where they were rehearsing (a big mansion in the countryside) but when I went into the house, I couldn't find them. This has stayed with me all day!!!

Automatik 05-06-2017 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free (Post 2665883)
Had an incredibly viivd dream last night that the Manics were touring this summer and they asked me (well actually Sean asked me) to join them on guitar. I followed Sean to where they were rehearsing (a big mansion in the countryside) but when I went into the house, I couldn't find them. This has stayed with me all day!!!

Sounds like Stephen Hague at Chateau Rouge de la Motte circa late 1995/early 1996.

Dac X Lee 13-06-2017 11:09

I don't know if I'm tired and I don't know if I'm ill
My cheeks are turning yellow
I think I'll take another pill

Praying for the wave to come now
It must be for the very last time
It's twelve o'clock till midnight
There must be someone to blame

I want to fly and run till it hurts
Sleep for a while and speak no words

Oh my.... Just realised.... The lyrics to Australia sound pretty much like they're talking about pms.... O_o

Strawberry 15-06-2017 11:01

Dac X Lee: Wow, I never thought of it like that but yes.

Dac X Lee 16-06-2017 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2666040)
Dac X Lee: Wow, I never thought of it like that but yes.

High five

Strawberry 19-06-2017 19:33

* High fives back *

Strawberry 19-06-2017 19:34

Also; ereyesterday, I was in Asda and I saw a man in a Holy Bible 2014 T-shirt.