Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

IntlDebris 22-06-2019 09:37

Prediction: New album next year, KYE20 the year after, GATS30 two years later, Lifeblood ignored in 2024.

Suicide Aldi 22-06-2019 10:30

As much as I would love KYE20, i cant really see it happening.

Borderliner 22-06-2019 10:42

Found That Soul live in Cuba sounds more energetic than album version (which is as good as it can get). How can it be...

Son of Stopped 22-06-2019 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2679590)
Found That Soul live in Cuba sounds more energetic than album version (which is as good as it can get). How can it be...

Recorded and used early takes, I think they said in interviews. So time to rehearse it better (and obviously not record another studio version when at that tightness!) probably.
If future FTS performances seemed flat, maybe that was subconscious reaction to albums band perceived reaction from public.
That sounded so clearer in head when it all came at once.

junkymotown 22-06-2019 12:39

Trying to think which is the better 1,2,3: Crucifix Kiss, Methadone Pretty, Condemned to Rock ‘n’ Roll... OR... Mausoleum, Faster, This Is Yesterday.

Or!!

Is there an even better one?

Son of Stopped 22-06-2019 12:50

Nostalgic Pushead, My Guernica, PCP

Borderliner 22-06-2019 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2679591)
Recorded and used early takes, I think they said in interviews. So time to rehearse it better (and obviously not record another studio version when at that tightness!) probably.
If future FTS performances seemed flat, maybe that was subconscious reaction to albums band perceived reaction from public.
That sounded so clearer in head when it all came at once.

I see, that makes sense now. I never really understood all negativity towards Lifeblood KYE and Postcards (especially Postcards). Shame if public reaction alters band's own opinion about song or album but I guess it just happens.

darkanddivine 22-06-2019 19:55

Also, it's worth mentioning that there was a significant difference between their live sound and the production values (or lack thereof) at the time of KYE. To be fair, almost none of their albums are close to the live versions, but the majority of them are well produced. KYE is the opposite. It's not a bad production, but as SoS mentioned, it is deliberately rehearsed and recorded really quickly and with minimal production to keep the freshness/rawness. So it's basically like a demo. Almost all the live songs sounded absolutely monstrous compared to the album at the time.

IntlDebris 22-06-2019 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suicide Aldi (Post 2679588)
As much as I would love KYE20, i cant really see it happening.

You're almost certainly right, but at one point I would have said that same about This is My Truth, so you never know. I'm mostly just curious to see how they'd treat it. Would they put Masses on the album? Would they do a box set with it split over two albums as they originally planned?

It's also possible that Sony might want to do it anyway. Not all deluxe sets are done with the blessing of the artist involved.

Marconi Delorian 22-06-2019 21:18

Only worthwhile KYE20 would be to completely re-imagine it as the two separate albums they originally envisioned.

Suicide Aldi 23-06-2019 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntlDebris (Post 2679603)
You're almost certainly right, but at one point I would have said that same about This is My Truth, so you never know. I'm mostly just curious to see how they'd treat it. Would they put Masses on the album? Would they do a box set with it split over two albums as they originally planned?

It's also possible that Sony might want to do it anyway. Not all deluxe sets are done with the blessing of the artist involved.

Haha, they eould most likely do somthing that made absolutly zero sense, like take Dead Martyrs off and swap it for Little Trolls.

Son of Stopped 28-06-2019 11:03

The keyboards in the live version of Tsunami.
So do you think those notes have ever been heard in nightmares band members have had?
It does have a Horror film vibe to it but the song itself hasn't!

Routine Builder 28-06-2019 12:02

The keyboards in the live version of masses certainly haunt my dreams and waking life as well.

LA ex 30-06-2019 18:26

Do you think the Manics' people ever contact Kylie's people about getting her back on stage with them at some point - or vice versa.

(Possibly inspired by watching some of Kylie at Glasto and wondering if JDB might turn up)

Dac X Lee 01-07-2019 08:00

Mirror Gaze sounds so much like The Bee Hives (the fictive band from Love Me Knight) ♥

Now I know why it was on Japanese release.