Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

scott_laconia 21-12-2014 19:42

Sean has aged incredibly well

Lord Revan 21-12-2014 22:55

I'm watching the documentary "Hookers, Hustlers, Pimps and their Johns" on Youtube, which is the one whose quotes bookend "Yes" on THB. Right after the pimp says the "five dollars you can play with her..." line, a black man is interviewed and he is wearing a Malcolm X hoodie! Couldn't help but think of the "Wash your car in your X baseball shoes" line from OWA, and this straight after the quote from "Yes"!

mrdavidj 21-12-2014 23:07

Which is more likely to be played live (in the future), Patrick Bateman or Ghost of Christmas

Every Day Tesco Value 22-12-2014 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2629670)
I'm watching the documentary "Hookers, Hustlers, Pimps and their Johns" on Youtube, which is the one whose quotes bookend "Yes" on THB. Right after the pimp says the "five dollars you can play with her..." line, a black man is interviewed and he is wearing a Malcolm X hoodie! Couldn't help but think of the "Wash your car in your X baseball shoes" line from OWA, and this straight after the quote from "Yes"!

Didn't realise this was on youtube! Damn it gets rough. Won't be having a grated cheese sandwich for a while.

Nature's Discontent 22-12-2014 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdavidj (Post 2629672)
Which is more likely to be played live (in the future), Patrick Bateman or Ghost of Christmas

Patrick Bateman I reckon. They appear to have entirely disowned Ghost of Christmas now, and seem a bit more embracing of more of the Richey-era material right at this moment.

scott_laconia 22-12-2014 08:48

i can see no reason why they wont play patrick batemen when they revisited theme from mash, both rock monsters!

Deets 22-12-2014 08:52

I swear to God upon Heaven, they WILL play Patrick Bateman one day

Dec 22nd must be a nasty date today in their callendar, Richey's birthday & Joe Strummer's death ugh

stanley lambchop 22-12-2014 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott_laconia (Post 2629649)
Sean has aged incredibly well

absolutely!

thought that at manch gig

Bathtub 22-12-2014 18:10

As amusing as some of the lyrics are, Patrick Bateman is pretty weak isn't it? I've never totally got on board with the view that it is one of their better b-sides.

Nobody 22-12-2014 18:17

I think the fact the band have played Donkeys recently and will do Comfort Comes next year is just another reason why they should do an anniversary re issue of GATS. Along with the fact in recent they still play 50% of the tracks from the album.

hummingbird 22-12-2014 20:37

happy birthday Richey

pineapple 23-12-2014 10:47

According to Spotify (your year in review) the song I've listen to most this last year is Facing Page Top Left - I honestly can't remember listening to this song any more than any other in the past year?

sculptureofabloke 23-12-2014 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bathtub (Post 2629772)
As amusing as some of the lyrics are, Patrick Bateman is pretty weak isn't it? I've never totally got on board with the view that it is one of their better b-sides.

I reckon Patrick Bateman would be perfect for a big hard bastard wrestler to walk down the aisle too.

And yeah, probably most likely to play Patrick Bateman over Ghost Of Christmas, they have done Patrick Bateman before and fuck me I hope they avoid December tours for a while, I can't hack it. Although I have heard James say "'appy Christmas" in September before...

mank 23-12-2014 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2629849)
I reckon Patrick Bateman would be perfect for a big hard bastard wrestler to walk down the aisle too.

And yeah, probably most likely to play Patrick Bateman over Ghost Of Christmas, they have done Patrick Bateman before and fuck me I hope they avoid December tours for a while, I can't hack it. Although I have heard James say "'appy Christmas" in September before...

they'd probably have to fill most of Patrick Bateman with beeps unless they use an instrumental!

James' voice sounded perfect on Wednesday night, was panicking like mad when I heard he was ill on the Monday - still reckon at least half of the crowd on the Wednesday were full of cold

Lord Revan 23-12-2014 21:22

Currently resisting the temptation of writing:
To: Where

On the Christmas presents.