Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

junkymotown 18-06-2019 23:47

Interviewed James last night for an upcoming piece in my newspaper (The Japan Times). One of the best interviewees I've ever worked with - interesting, funny, engaging... swears a lot!

Will post the article here in due course (just ahead of the Japan gigs in Sept).

Dancing Kirby 19-06-2019 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2676801)
In this season of goodwill, let’s hope ‘throw some acid into your face’ goes the same way as ‘I laughed when Lennon got shot’ pretty soon.

Months later and after the recent backlash against Jo Brand for joking about throwing acid instead of milkshakes over the likes of Nigel Farage, I’m still waiting for JDB to wise up to what a vile lyric this is in the current climate of acid attacks occurring and ruining lives on a regular basis.

Suicide Aldi 19-06-2019 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2679534)
Months later and after the recent backlash against Jo Brand for joking about throwing acid instead of milkshakes over the likes of Nigel Farage, I’m still waiting for JDB to wise up to what a vile lyric this is in the current climate of acid attacks occurring and ruining lives on a regular basis.

And censorship rolls on.

IntlDebris 19-06-2019 16:26

Censorship is the suppression of ideas. Dancing Kirby is hoping James shows a little sensitivity. Very different things.

Glyn 19-06-2019 19:46

One thing I've always found odd about that line is that in the GT booklet it runs as per the famous Burrough's quote "in the Mona Lisa's face" but as far as I know it's always been "your face" including in the pre-GT demos and other versions.
I guess getting hung up on the accuracy of booklet lyrics isn't a very worthwhile use of time though.

Son of Stopped 19-06-2019 20:32

The Manics never called for MPs (Kill A Tory Before They Kill You I think was title) to be killed so defeated own point about Killdren response, dropped from Glastonbury slot etc, milked publicity.
Killdren probably don't have a politics degree!
That must be really unusual for a Festival corporate money no enslavery money corporate Festivals to drop an act from bill.
This should also go in another thread but the Loaded, Select and other 90's magazine's influenced the fuck out of how Boris Johnson used to present himself.
So do reckon we're getting "Sweet Child O'Mine (is it Of or O?)" this Autumn then?

hummingbird 19-06-2019 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2679534)

He doesn't sing it. Stops at I laughed. Has done that for years. He's said he's uncomfortable with it in the past....
The line is barely intelligible anyway ...likely most people are unaware of it these days ...hardly the latest hit is it?

junkymotown 21-06-2019 03:14

Three little tidbits from interviewing James the other day...

1) "Nobody Loved You" may be played in Japan (it was a single over here), as may some rarer tracks from Generation Terrorists.

2) International Blue will likely stick around in setlists for some time.

3) He's having dreams about the Fender Troublemaker telecaster...

UEF 21-06-2019 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2679539)
The Manics never called for MPs (Kill A Tory Before They Kill You I think was title) to be killed so defeated own point about Killdren response, dropped from Glastonbury slot etc, milked publicity.
Killdren probably don't have a politics degree!

Were Yeltsin, Le Pen, Amin and Milosovic MPs of a sort? :lol:

Routine Builder 21-06-2019 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkymotown (Post 2679561)
Three little tidbits from interviewing James the other day...

1) "Nobody Loved You" may be played in Japan (it was a single over here), as may some rarer tracks from Generation Terrorists.

2) International Blue will likely stick around in setlists for some time.

3) He's having dreams about the Fender Troublemaker telecaster...

Any reason why it was cut in the first place?

someone, somewhere, soon 21-06-2019 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2679539)
The Manics never called for MPs (Kill A Tory Before They Kill You I think was title) to be killed

Apart from Us Against You, where they say we should "bomb London, and its MPs"... :lol:

LA ex 21-06-2019 16:17

The Nobody Loved You mystery deepens.... if they are thinking of playing it in Japan then they theories that the band hate it or that it's too much of an emotional tie to Richey don't hold.

If they were desperate to have Prologue on the album just add it as an extra song. And I think everybody would have been happy to have it as a track in the non-TIMTTMY half of the live gigs.

Lee 21-06-2019 18:22

Very strange, although they’ve often done something different for the Japanese audience from the start. Lucky bastards. :D

Just listening to SATT 10. What a solid era for b-sides. To be honest the Manics don’t tend to do bad b-sides but this is a belting 2nd CD.

Lee 21-06-2019 19:09

GT20 now. Listening to Poleaxed and Spent All Summer for probably the second time since 2011.

The Love’s Sweet Exile (whatever it was called then) demo is still one of my favourites.

Marconi Delorian 21-06-2019 21:00

Can't believe that about NLY, so annoying!

So, i reckon new album and tour next year, then GT 30th anniversary tour for 2022! Get ready for the return of Repeat, but only played in the remixed version!