Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Live Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   29/06/2019 Cardiff Castle (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62941)

Abstract Unknown Girl 30-11-2018 09:50

Tickets booked nice and quickly this morning!

blackflower 30-11-2018 11:11

Not to be nitpicky but I'm pretty sure the gig's happening in 2019 not 2018 :)

Wish I could go but trying to cut down completely on travelling for gigs, it's becoming too expensive for me.

UEF 30-11-2018 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflower (Post 2676483)
Not to be nitpicky but I'm pretty sure the gig's happening in 2019 not 2018 :)

Wish I could go but trying to cut down completely on travelling for gigs, it's becoming too expensive for me.

Thats two years I got wrong then... argh

sculptureofabloke 01-12-2018 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2676447)
Same here. And kinda done the Castle thing with the THB gig, so hey ho.

I'd happily have gone again for this but not to be.. Think it makes logistical sense for em to do Glastonbury too, suspect Friday more likely than Sunday maybe.. It's about the right time for em, they average one every five years..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abstract Unknown Girl (Post 2676452)
I had a feeling they might play the castle again for this! I know people had suggested the Millennium stadium, but that seemed a bit of an overreach to me ;)

Let’s hope One Direction don’t announce their comeback to play the stadium on the same day again :lol:

To be fair, Cardiff handled both gigs great that day. We stayed in Newport so hung back for a pint and got last train back. Couldn't believe how straightforward it was.

Quite surprised they're doing the castle again. With them moving Everything Must Go over to Swansea I wondered if they'd move This Is My Truth somewhere else again. Unless Swansea was more of a plan b? I dunno. Cardiff always makes sense anyway. Caerphilly Castle could've had potential too, but transport and hotels could've been an issue.

UEF 02-12-2018 12:48

It'd be great for them do somewhere really Welsh one day. Not Cardiff! ;) But one of those beach gigs could've been special.

sculptureofabloke 03-12-2018 08:43

As much as I love Cardiff I would like to see them somewhere different, but quite limited for viable options for a gig of that size in South Wales. Decent sized park in Pontypridd that might do, but bit buggered for transport and hotels.

Abstract Unknown Girl 06-12-2018 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2676487)
To be fair, Cardiff handled both gigs great that day. We stayed in Newport so hung back for a pint and got last train back. Couldn't believe how straightforward it was.

I was only joking ;) The only time I really noticed all the One Direction fans was when I went in search of food in the afternoon. We always stay at the in-laws' for gigs in or around Cardiff, so didn't need to worry about hotels either.

Anaconda Vice 11-12-2018 20:23

I remember speaking to a dad sat next to me on the train home who had took his kids to see One Direction, and to make matters worse, he was going to the following night as well! I wished him luck as I got off at my stop.

I'm glad it's the castle and not a stadium.

wireobsessed 12-02-2019 13:54

Has this sold out??

hummingbird 12-02-2019 17:41

I think it has. Was still thinking of going... can't now :p

wireobsessed 13-02-2019 13:22

I'm gutted, seriously.

hummingbird 13-02-2019 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by wireobsessed (Post 2677619)
I'm gutted, seriously.

Might they release more? Can't remember if they did for THB .. someone's bound to have one for sale nearer the time on here :)

Peculiar 19-02-2019 20:49

Damn it. I just went to try and buy. :(

wireobsessed 20-02-2019 11:50

Some sites are saying they have limited tickets and then they haven't. If anyone has any info please let me know. I really want to go and have put a ticket request on the wanted section xxxx

blackflower 20-02-2019 12:49

Keep an eye on twickets as well - tickets often come up closer to the time!