Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Live Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   04&05/12/20: Cardiff Arena (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=63143)

Noisy Cat 08-04-2020 18:16

16&17/07/21: Cardiff Arena

https://scontent-lhr8-1.xx.fbcdn.net...92&oe=5EB23210

Manic Street Preachers have announced two shows at the Cardiff Motorpoint Arena on 4th and 5th of December 2020, their only dates in Wales this year.

The first night will be a free show for NHS staff, the second, tickets on sale to the public, with all profits going to NHS Wales charities.

The band explained: “We wanted to do something to show our appreciation, love and respect for the NHS and its amazing brave workers. One free show and one fundraising show seemed the best way for us to express our deep gratitude for all their heroic work.”

Tickets available on Friday 10th April at 7pm.

blackflower 08-04-2020 18:18

I was just about to post this! I’m so thrilled they’re doing this. I’m definitely going to try for the second show, and for the first as well if it’s for all NHS staff and not just frontline. This has made me so happy :D

(Crossing all fingers and toes that gigs and travel will be allowed by then!)

Noisy Cat 08-04-2020 18:22

I'm very tempted by the second show, depends if there are more announcements (i.e. London) to come...

UEF 08-04-2020 18:22

By my reckoning also the only gigs they're doing that aren't a festival or support act, and thus might be a better setlist

LA ex 08-04-2020 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2682190)
By my reckoning also the only gigs they're doing that aren't a festival or support act, and thus might be a better setlist

Doesn't Halifax fit that criteria?

I'm sure there's a joke somewhere about James always getting the flu during December tours and having a crowd full of doctors and nurses....

everlasting 08-04-2020 19:39

So you only get to the free one if you work in a hospital? I'm a support worker and am out in people's homes who need support every day still as a key worker despite my hours been down, so I can't apply for this as I'm not working in a hospital? I'll maybe try for the following night then, can't see it selling out that quick...

hummingbird 08-04-2020 19:41

Very cool. I'll try for second date probably

blackflower 08-04-2020 21:29

I didn’t realise it was just for hospital workers, which counts me out as I last worked in a hospital three years ago. I’ve replied to the Manics on Twitter asking if it can be extended to all NHS staff, as it seems a bit harsh to leave out, eg, GP staff, 999 and 111 workers, community health workers etc. (Plus people like me in one of the arms length bodies!) I doubt it will change anything but it was worth a shot. And anyway, there’s still the Saturday!

UEF 09-04-2020 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA ex (Post 2682195)
Doesn't Halifax fit that criteria?

I'm sure there's a joke somewhere about James always getting the flu during December tours and having a crowd full of doctors and nurses....

Sorry - yes, you’re right

Son of Stopped 09-04-2020 12:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA ex (Post 2682195)

*PFAYM tour penny drop
Oh yeah! Hahahaha! :lol:

Enjoy Cardiff! I watched a video once where a Queen fan talked of a "post Live Aid glow" and I can see what they mean and it's nowhere near yet!

sculptureofabloke 09-04-2020 14:21

Chuffed about this, gonna try for both nights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by everlasting (Post 2682196)
So you only get to the free one if you work in a hospital? I'm a support worker and am out in people's homes who need support every day still as a key worker despite my hours been down, so I can't apply for this as I'm not working in a hospital? I'll maybe try for the following night then, can't see it selling out that quick...

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflower (Post 2682205)
I didn’t realise it was just for hospital workers, which counts me out as I last worked in a hospital three years ago. I’ve replied to the Manics on Twitter asking if it can be extended to all NHS staff, as it seems a bit harsh to leave out, eg, GP staff, 999 and 111 workers, community health workers etc. (Plus people like me in one of the arms length bodies!) I doubt it will change anything but it was worth a shot. And anyway, there’s still the Saturday!

Where have you seen that it's for hospital workers only? Haven't seen anything to suggest that meself.

blackflower 09-04-2020 15:09

It’s on the Motorpoint Arena’s page for the gig:

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk...cert-nhs-staff

sculptureofabloke 09-04-2020 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflower (Post 2682213)
It’s on the Motorpoint Arena’s page for the gig:

https://motorpointarenacardiff.co.uk...cert-nhs-staff

Wow, that surprises me. Presume it's a venue decision rather than band, makes no sense at all.

Still, can't imagine security being strict enough to be asking people where they work and what they do, our ID should be enough. Which reminds me, I started a new NHS job last week... not actually been in yet courtesy of COVID-19, but I'll be needing a new ID...

blackflower 09-04-2020 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2682214)
Wow, that surprises me. Presume it's a venue decision rather than band, makes no sense at all.

Still, can't imagine security being strict enough to be asking people where they work and what they do, our ID should be enough. Which reminds me, I started a new NHS job last week... not actually been in yet courtesy of COVID-19, but I'll be needing a new ID...

You know, I think you’re right. I can’t imagine the Manics allowing an entry policy that refused some NHS staff because they were the wrong kind of NHS!

Okay, back to thinking I’ll do both gigs :)

sculptureofabloke 09-04-2020 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflower (Post 2682216)
You know, I think you’re right. I can’t imagine the Manics allowing an entry policy that refused some NHS staff because they were the wrong kind of NHS!

Okay, back to thinking I’ll do both gigs :)

I left a comment on Sean's post about the gig on Facebook anyway. Just asked him if he was aware of the policy, said about it potentially excluding NHS workers who work at GP, in community or whatever and would hate for them to miss out.

Fuck it, go for it :) Thing is there's nowt to stop anyone at all going for tickets and trying to blag it. Might've been good to have em only available to people who have NHS email, but I dunno, are there people working in the NHS who don't?