Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

slop101 23-07-2015 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderliner (Post 2648455)
I just realized that Donkeys is such an amazing song. James put so much soul in it

<3

I need to listen to Lipsticks Traces more often

I like the acoustic version better. And I'm not sure if it's my advancing age or what, but I'm seeming to like the acoustic versions of most MSP songs to their plugged-in versions. I think it's more due to James being a bit more intimate in his delivery. His acoustic "This is Yesterday" floors me.

Strawberry 23-07-2015 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geranium Terrorists (Post 2648561)
Brief change, perhaps? Glitch, maybe?

Yes, I s'pose it's probably something like that.

Brigade Rosse 24-07-2015 08:44

Just came upon this exchange on some website, reckon it must be BS

"James Dean Bradfield (Manic Street Preachers) borrows lovely Les Paul from studio owner for some tracking.

JDB : Wow. This is an amazing guitar. How much do you want for it? I'd like to buy it.

Studio Owner : Sorry, it's not for sale. I like it too much.

JDB : Seriously. I'll give you a good price. I really want it.

SO (polite but firm) : I'm really really not selling it. Sorry.

JDB : You f@cking snot-nosed w@nker. Who the f&ck do you think you are? Etc.

SO : You and the band leave now. This and all your future sessions are cancelled. I don't care if you are a famous band. Out of my studio."

Geranium Terrorists 24-07-2015 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigade Rosse (Post 2648638)

Sounds like it! Can't imagine James doing all that. Nicky, maybe...

slop101 24-07-2015 16:08

Quote:

Citation please!

Probably an attempt at humour, a poor one at that.

Sandrine 25-07-2015 17:57

ME is on a French compilation called "1001 Chansons que vous devez entendre avant de mourir" = 1001 songs you have to listen to before you die.

bachelorette 26-07-2015 02:29

Quote:

It's come up here before ages ago, I think in appreciation maybe? Must be at least a couple of years ago, with exactly the same wording. It's from some forum or something?
Anyway, I think the consensus back then - and my opinion - is that it's most likely fake because it seems out of character. And if James were to swear at someone he would surely not go for something as childish as "snot-nosed wanker". This is the guy who automatically calls himself "motherless fuck" when he plays a wrong chord. ;)

Brigade Rosse 26-07-2015 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by bachelorette (Post 2648697)
It's come up here before ages ago, I think in appreciation maybe? Must be at least a couple of years ago, with exactly the same wording. It's from some forum or something?
Anyway, I think the consensus back then - and my opinion - is that it's most likely fake because it seems out of character. And if James were to swear at someone he would surely not go for something as childish as "snot-nosed wanker". This is the guy who automatically calls himself "motherless fuck" when he plays a wrong chord. ;)

Yeah I found it on this forum called gearslutz (a music forum, not a smut website, I assure you haha). There was this whole thread on the rudest thing anyone's overheard in a studio. That one took me back immediately, I had to check to see that my eyes were working properly haha.

hummingbird 26-07-2015 10:04

It's fake .. think I saw it on a jdb blog that wasn't really jdb years ago

Strawberry 26-07-2015 15:34

When I was watching Coronation Street on Wednesday, I heard something that sounded familiar. :P Liz said to Tony I don't want to see your face. Then she said I don't want to hear your voice.

hummingbird 26-07-2015 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2648715)
When I was watching Coronation Street on Wednesday, I heard something that sounded familiar. :P Liz said to Tony I don't want to see your face. Then she said I don't want to hear your voice.

they had David and Kylie talking about Nick liking the manics in an episode last year .. scriptwriter fan :)

pineapple 26-07-2015 19:13

If any one in Dublin is seeking a copy of Simon Price's Everything there was one in Liffey Valley B&Q today. They had a table set up with 2nd hand books for charity and had it there. €1 and it is yours

Porco 26-07-2015 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strawberry (Post 2648715)

hahah, I saw that too and thought exactly the same thing :D

Dac X Lee 28-07-2015 09:38

I think My Little Empire sounds like written to describe Kim Jong-un (the North Korean leader)'s rule. And maybe the rule of the dynasty itself. But if we think about the not too old news reporting about the current leader's stress and possible depression...

sculptureofabloke 29-07-2015 17:54

The Holy Bible.. Bloody hell it's not bad is it?