Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Generation Terrorists: 20th Anniversary Edition (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=58388)

Mayhew 25-03-2012 11:52

Disc 1 with a remastered album, Sean replaying the drums hopefully on the tracks! Disc 2 B sides, demos and live tracks. DVD band interview about the album, all the videos in great quality, old band interviews and live performances.

PLEASE! :D

Glyn 25-03-2012 12:15

Closest we'll get to 'real' drums will be the hopefully included radio session tracks (would love to have clear quality versions of the Methadone Pretty and Natwest...radio sessions) I'd bet on an alternative bomb squad mix of Repeat in there too ,have I just put a dampner on the whole reissue now ? ;)

Flint 25-03-2012 12:29

I really don't like the idea of re-recording the drums for the main disc, I don't like the idea of rewriting history like that. I'd also imagine there's no way to make it actually sound like it fits without re-recording the rest of the songs too and that'd be even worse. Hope they won't do it. The closest thing they should do is add the American version re-recordings on the bonus disc but that's it.

Plus I've gotten too used to the drum machine sounds, they're an integral part of the album's sound!

UEF 25-03-2012 13:08

When I listen to GT I don't hear a drum machine (maybe I would if I was a drummer) but I do hear a lot of 80s EQ, scooped guitar and a James that can't sing very well.

Don't see the point of changing it a little bit.

Donkey 25-03-2012 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2447844)
and a James that can't sing very well.

wow, are you serious? GT vocals are one of his best performancies IMHO

UEF 25-03-2012 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donkey (Post 2447859)
wow, are you serious? GT vocals are one of his best performancies IMHO

Entirely, but I would content that some of his most technical guitar work is on that album.

Napoleon Bonaparte 25-03-2012 15:40

I really want the "Fuck off" mixed back into Stay Beautiful if possible.

AK47 25-03-2012 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2447844)
When I listen to GT I don't hear a drum machine (maybe I would if I was a drummer) but I do hear a lot of 80s EQ, scooped guitar and a James that can't sing very well.

Don't see the point of changing it a little bit.

James sounds pretty good on GT IMHO.

Mayhew 25-03-2012 22:31

I guess the drums re-recording isn't as important, personally I think the remastering of the tracks for National Treasures was superb, the same job for the rest of the album and I'm happy!

James' voice is great on GT, I think it's just so unique his early voice.

Dancing Kirby 26-03-2012 09:23

Suicide Alley and Motown Junk, those are songs where his voice is weak. On GT it's fine unless you're the kind of person who prefers his more recent Robbie Williams/Gary Barlow/Matt Cardle impersonations.

Then a year later on GATS it was in its prime.

yanushka 26-03-2012 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Kirby (Post 2448091)
Suicide Alley and Motown Junk, those are songs where his voice is weak. On GT it's fine unless you're the kind of person who prefers his more recent Robbie Williams/Gary Barlow/Matt Cardle impersonations.

Then a year later on GATS it was in its prime.

I :heart: you bcz of this!

The Gutless Wonder 26-03-2012 12:21

James DOES NOT sound like flippin' Robbie Williams! :mad:

Smiling#Girl 26-03-2012 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2448129)
James DOES NOT sound like flippin' Robbie Williams! :mad:

IMO he sounds nothing like Robbie Williams.A friend of mine really annoyed me when she told me that James's voice reminds her of Robbie Williams listening to LB :mad:

The Gutless Wonder 26-03-2012 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smiling#Girl (Post 2448141)
IMO he sounds nothing like Robbie Williams.A friend of mine really annoyed me when she told me that James's voice reminds her of Robbie Williams listening to LB :mad:

That would annoy me too!

nocultureicons 26-03-2012 15:15

I'm afraid he does a bit. Not much. But enough for it to be a worry.