Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

Deets 17-05-2015 21:09

i'm just here to say that i'm superb excited about my upcoming 7'' Sarah x Nicky single yay

Nobody 18-05-2015 14:47

Found two Manics Interview CDs in a charity shop today (though I have them so didn't buy them). Probably the most interesting manics related CD I've seen in a charity shop in a while. See plenty of copies of Truth and EMG and occasionally some of the other early albums. Started looking in the vinyl sections again recently so hopefully I'll one day come across some singles or albums cheap if they don't price them up too much.

Deets 18-05-2015 19:36

there's a copy of Futurology LP in my local music store and I didn't remember if I got that one so I called my mum to check my stuff. and yeah, I have that one.
man, I keep forgetting what I have and what I don't. that's a fucking problem!

hummingbird 18-05-2015 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2643099)
there's a copy of Futurology LP in my local music store and I didn't remember if I got that one so I called my mum to check my stuff. and yeah, I have that one.
man, I keep forgetting what I have and what I don't. that's a fucking problem!

I keep forgetting what vinyl singles I have...

Lord Revan 23-05-2015 21:21

Never noticed before now that Empty Souls and New Year's Day by U2 have the same kind of vibe to them.

gracie 23-05-2015 21:54

Casually wondering whether Nicky was a student communist or anarchist.

Quote:

If I met the 16-year-old me I think I’d like him. He’s opinionated but still quite withdrawn. He’s excited by the possibility of life. In a few years he’ll become more rampant, he’ll talk in extremes. I can totally understand now why my dad would shake his head and tell me to shut up, in the most loving way. By then I was full of talk about how my band would rule the world. I had these strong, harsh political views, I talked a lot about ‘year zero’. We thought it was intellectual nihilism but a lot of it was just shock-value stuff. I think the post-uni Nicky would deeply annoy the older me.

gracie 28-05-2015 12:46

Muahahaha I just posted this in the wrong thread -

I'm totally freaking out over what to wear for Edinburgh

Son of Stopped 31-05-2015 15:21

I was going to make it a thread, but how much of a monster is "Walk me To The Bridge" live?
Really hope it becomes a regular in their sets.
And it seems like only yesterday when we were laughing about it sounding a bit like "Yellow Pearl"! (which is itself a great track anyway)

Lord Revan 01-06-2015 01:33

Loving the bass line in the verse of Interiors. :cool:

slop101 02-06-2015 04:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2643506)
Never noticed before now that Empty Souls and New Year's Day by U2 have the same kind of vibe to them.

I think most of Lifeblood has a U2 vibe to it, and not in a bad, hacky way either.

solitude 02-06-2015 12:21

The middle bit of Black Square sounds a whole lot like Boy/October-era U2. It's cool, I love those albums.

sculptureofabloke 03-06-2015 08:33

Just updated my "Manics songs seen live" list. Do have a few dilemmas about this though... Before these gigs I'd seen intros to Condemned To Rock N' Roll and Suicide Alley but not put either on me list, don't think snippets count. But there are loads of songs I've seen full band and acoustic versions of which I count twice. So do I count Everlasting acoustic + backing track? Also, guest appearance vocalists I tend to count separately, so this has me listing Your Love Alone three times.. Is it worth drawing a line between guest vocalists and guest musicians? Cos if I don't, I can also count You Love Us (feat. Andy Cairns) and Kevin Carter and Ocean Spray (feat. Andy Cato).

Fucking love lists but there are so many flexible unwritten rules, such a pain in the arse.

allisvanity 04-06-2015 15:57

Walked into the work canteen earlier and Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was on the radio...

BeautyBeyondLust 04-06-2015 18:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by allisvanity (Post 2644851)
Walked into the work canteen earlier and Return Of The Mack by Mark Morrison was on the radio...

I still don't completely, 100% hate that song. Even though I know I should, really.

Strawberry 04-06-2015 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeautyBeyondLust (Post 2644881)
I still don't completely, 100% hate that song. Even though I know I should, really.

Get out. :P