Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

rosetree 06-05-2019 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 2678746)
Soil Yr'self

Show Yr'self.

UEF 07-05-2019 18:22

Who remembers that old alternative Autumnsong video?

https://twitter.com/surreyamps/statu...837001216?s=21

Europa Gluten Free 07-05-2019 21:32

Almost one week away from my first Manics gig since the NT gig in 2011. Can't believe it's been so long. Not sure how I feel about it.

I'm actually quite nervous that I'm not going to be so bothered when I'm there, even though I'm quite excited at the minute.

REALLY REALLY hope that JDB plays a lot of guitar in the gig.

And REALLY REALLY hope there isn't a third guitarist.

Son of Stopped 07-05-2019 22:15

I think it's inevitable we'll see more musicians with them. I didn't really notice them during EMG. Probably be the most muso as in augmented band than muso as in THB20 gig which were a joy to see as a three piece.
Or they could do it as a three piece and keyboards like they did twenty years ago? No idea, having to wait and see. Haven't heard if they are rehearsing with other people.
Just don't overthink it and enjoy the gigs and what you have left of your hearing before seeing the gig!

UEF 08-05-2019 07:06

Much preferred the 3 piece + keyboard era, or just 3 piece.

Son of Stopped 08-05-2019 09:36

Holy shit! Japanese dates! I was going to ask do you think they'd do American shows?

Dancing Kirby 08-05-2019 21:53

Spurs v Liverpool in the Champions League final. 2019 is the year the Manics split up due to irreconcilable differences.

LA ex 09-05-2019 18:02

According to setlist.fm, the two rarest performed Manics songs I've witnessed live are SYMM and Condemned to Rock n Roll, with SYMM only performed at the exclusive venues of Copenhagen, Cork, Kettering and Dundee. Is it wrong that I'm slightly disappointed that this badge of rarity is about to lost?

Europa Gluten Free 09-05-2019 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA ex (Post 2678781)
According to setlist.fm, the two rarest performed Manics songs I've witnessed live are SYMM and Condemned to Rock n Roll, with SYMM only performed at the exclusive venues of Copenhagen, Cork, Kettering and Dundee. Is it wrong that I'm slightly disappointed that this badge of rarity is about to lost?

Intravenous Agnostic live in 2001 must be the ultimate Manics rarity?

Has anyone here heard it live?

LA ex 10-05-2019 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free (Post 2678782)
Intravenous Agnostic live in 2001 must be the ultimate Manics rarity?

Has anyone here heard it live?

Looking through setlist.fm, the only album tracks (there's plenty of covers, early songs, b-sides) to have only received one live performance at 'proper' gigs are Intravenous Agnostic, Gold Against the Soul and Running out of Fantasy.

And it actually turns out I was there for Running out of Fantasy :-)

Europa Gluten Free 11-05-2019 20:56

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I'm pretty sure we're going to get at least new new song in the TIMT gigs.

Son of Stopped 11-05-2019 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Europa Gluten Free (Post 2678808)
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say I'm pretty sure we're going to get at least new new song in the TIMT gigs.

Oh that's nothing! I still think they're secretly recording a new album as well. I know. It's like I'm an Aztec High Priest dancing and sacrificing animals and children to appease the sunshine.

Europa Gluten Free 11-05-2019 23:48

Well I'm going offline from FD here and on Twitter tomorrow as I'm going to a show on the tour and I don't want to hear any spoilers!

What I'm hoping for the gig:

1. It's just the band and Naysmyth doing the TIMT part.
2. Perhaps a bit of a shake up in the album + hits format (unlikely I know)
3. A new song or two
4. No 3rd guitarist
5. At least two curios (a song from JFPL, a song from LB or KYE)
6. Some cool merch
7. And lastly I'm hoping they "reimagine" some of the TIMT album tracks. It's a long fucking album and some songs kind of disappear into themselves. A demo-like Be Natural and SYMM and a guitar heavy I'm not Working would be great.

But I am excited and looking forward to it.

LA ex 12-05-2019 08:16

I'm going to be attempting to remain spoiler free (at least I've only got eight days to wait this tour!)

Not convinced we'll get any new songs.... TIMTTMY is a fairly long album which doesn't leave much time for the Greatest Hits bit of the set anyway. And the Manics have never been big for playing unreleased material live - asides from one off big festival type appearances (Read for Drowning/Born a Girl, Everything Will Be) they've only ever really done the Futurology songs played on the Rewind the Film tour and Patrick Bateman. And I guess large chunks of Everything Must Go were played in advance but that was a bit of a different situation

UEF 12-05-2019 09:30

Tour preview video shows James rehearing with the electric sitar for I’m Not Working, I think