Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

junkymotown 29-05-2019 05:17

410 quid for a t-shirt!!!! (at the time of writing)

I mean, it's cool... but still...

Deets 30-05-2019 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by junkymotown (Post 2679302)
410 quid for a t-shirt!!!! (at the time of writing)

I mean, it's cool... but still...

winning bid 588quid. i wouldn't pay this much for Suicide Alley istg

edit:
and now i'm on ebay checking Manics' stuff. and it's my b'day on tuesday. AND my credit card didn't pass the limit yet

LA ex 04-06-2019 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 2678820)
It was just a list of the TIMT songs that they were rehearsing, not full setlists being posted up.

However, Kieran Evans said that they’ve been rehearsing some very rare stuff for the second half. Looking forward to seeing that.

I wonder what that very rare stuff was.....

hummingbird 04-06-2019 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA ex (Post 2679376)

Sleepflower. Rare to the casuals

Suicide Aldi 04-06-2019 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA ex (Post 2679376)

Sleepflower, Solitude somtimes is, Umbrella, Sweet Child O Mine

LA ex 05-06-2019 17:09

I guess it depends on what you class as very rare.... Obvious the covers were but that kind of feels like cheating. This was the fourth tour since 2007 featuring Sleepflower, although I'll admit Solitude Sometimes Is is a bit less performed than I realised.

But compared to previous album tours it felt like we were missing something of the rarity of Donkeys/Natwest/Condemned to Rock n Roll/Sorrow 16 that have popped up previously.

Lee 05-06-2019 21:54

They’ve never really done it and won’t start now, but I would like a bit more variation on the songs that they play each night. You get a maximum of 25 songs each tour with a couple of them being rotated throughout with 20-22 staples.

Can’t grumble too much I suppose as the last few years we’ve had The Holy Bible, EMG, and TIMT in full. Plus stuff like Condemned to Rock N Roll, Donkeys, Dreaming A City, Umbrella, The Second Great Depression, Horses Under Starlight etc.

Really hope that we get a nod to KYE in a few years time, give a couple of tracks a go that haven’t been played live (and IA which was only played once).

sculptureofabloke 07-06-2019 08:50

I love them but kin hell it can be frustrating live sometimes. Went to see Suede two nights at Manchester Albert Hall in April

First night
Second night

Manics at the Ritz a month later;
First night
Second night

Course there are plenty of bands who are as bad or worse for mixing it up as Manics and relatively, Suede are bloody good for mixing it up. Was gonna say I probably wouldn't moan if any band besides my favourite were so rigid with their sets, but thinking about it Manics and Suede are the only two bands I've ever seen more than once on the same tour.

I dunno... hopes and expectations aren't gonna be the same for everyone, but when it comes to your favourite band ever naturally they're gonna be a bit higher. They're such twats for writing off their own material, wouldn't be surprised if International Blue is the only song from the last album that gets played on future tours. I get why they'd steer from performing certain songs and why James wouldn't want to sing certain lyrics, but kin hell they've got 30 years of material to choose from now. Suppose it's a partly a familiarity thing too, to me, recently they look like they're going through the motions. Just done my 68th gig, which is a lot to me but bugger all compared to some I know. Wonder what the gigs I've been to last couple of years would've looked like to someone who'd only seen them a handful of times.

Ah, just wish they'd mix it up a bit more.

LA ex 08-06-2019 17:05

I was in my car earlier, and I suddenly remembered that after A Design For Life Nicky used to get out a skipping rope and skip at the end of Manics gigs.

This did happen, didn't it, and I haven't imagined it? I think it may have been the Greatest Hits tour, but I'm happy to be corrected.

blackflower 09-06-2019 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA ex (Post 2679431)
I was in my car earlier, and I suddenly remembered that after A Design For Life Nicky used to get out a skipping rope and skip at the end of Manics gigs.

This did happen, didn't it, and I haven't imagined it? I think it may have been the Greatest Hits tour, but I'm happy to be corrected.

Yes! He did it on the 1998 tour, here’s my blog post about one of the gigs where he did it :D

https://gigsetc.wordpress.com/2019/0...wembley-arena/

(Apologies for shameless blog promotion ;) )

LA ex 09-06-2019 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackflower (Post 2679446)
Yes! He did it on the 1998 tour, here’s my blog post about one of the gigs where he did it :D

https://gigsetc.wordpress.com/2019/0...wembley-arena/

(Apologies for shameless blog promotion ;) )

No problem, I enjoy reading your blog!

I thought it came about a bit later than that, but he must have been skipping for longer than I thought..... Can't remember it happening in 1998 when I saw the Manics, then didn't see them again till 2003....

blackflower 09-06-2019 21:05

Just had a quick trawl through some later diary entries and Nicky was skipping again on the last night of the December 2002 tour in Cardiff, so it’s likely that he skipped in 2003 too!

junkymotown 10-06-2019 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA ex (Post 2679431)

Glasto 99, You Love Us. Magnificent!

UEF 12-06-2019 21:53

The Japanese actress from all the recent videos is now a mum in an Emirates advert :lol:

Porco 12-06-2019 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2679479)
The Japanese actress from all the recent videos is now a mum in an Emirates advert :lol:

Yep, Sarah Sayuri Hare:

Good info page here with lists of what she's been in/upcoming if interested:

https://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/1/F245839.html

Looks like she's doing well, good for her, I think she was great in the Manics vids.