Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

ManicsTheHedgehog 10-05-2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow (Post 2463323)
What a load of shit. Revol sounds like Pulp? Your mate needs to have his ears syringed if he thinks that. Also this is generally badly written and, well, gibberish, for the majority of it.

Oh, and re Faster:

Am I the only one to find that a little disrespectful?

I do disagree with the Revol sounds like Pulp bit, and I do have to agree with you for the latter..

and there are a few other points he missed (like 4st 7lb) but other than that..eh..didn't really mind it.

cricri 10-05-2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ermintrude the Cow (Post 2463323)

Am I the only one to find that a little disrespectful?

Definitely not.
'So, he used to self-abused himself? And he wrote an album on that (I'm dumbing down, obvs) because he was so fucked up? Haha, so what?''

Bathtub 10-05-2012 22:25

I thought it was funny as fuck, particularly this bit:

Quote:

gredijovkmfg

OH GOD I FUCKING CLOSED THIS TAB BY ACCIDENT
BUT LUCKILY, GOOGLE CHROME SAVED THIS TEXT AND OH GOD

Let's get these last few songs done with..

Ermintrude the Cow 10-05-2012 22:25

Plus it's bad practice to review an album by taking each song in isolation.

ManicsTheHedgehog 10-05-2012 22:27

Wouldn't really take it so seriously since he was reviewing it just as a bit of fun.

And I don't think he was laughing at Richey for self-abuse or whatever, since the guy himself is a victim of abuse (not self abuse but still) and he doesn't seem the type of person to laugh at people like that.

Ermintrude the Cow 10-05-2012 22:27

Bathtub - yeah, it's funny, but in a "laughing at, not laughing with" way ...

Bathtub 10-05-2012 22:28

I liked the random capitalization too.

Sorry Manicsthehedgehog, we shouldn't take the piss. I've read far worse by people who presumably get paid for doing so, in NME, pitchfork etc.

Ermintrude the Cow 10-05-2012 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManicsTheHedgehog (Post 2463329)
Wouldn't really take it so seriously since he was reviewing it just as a bit of fun.

And I don't think he was laughing at Richey for self-abuse or whatever, since the guy himself is a victim of abuse (not self abuse but still) and he doesn't seem the type of person to laugh at people like that.

It's just bad! He doesn't write well and he references things he clearly has no idea about. From the bands he drew comparisons with, it seems he has a very limited musical sphere.

Lowri 10-05-2012 22:29

Oi, I thought the non manics section was our solitude against Manics talk? D:

franny 10-05-2012 22:30

Lowri raises a valid point. Bloody Manics.

Ermintrude the Cow 10-05-2012 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowri (Post 2463333)
Oi, I thought the non manics section was our solitude against Manics talk? D:

This is true. *wheedles* Tiiiiiiiim, can you put the above convo in "Random Manics Thoughts" or such shit?

franny 10-05-2012 22:31

Yeah come on Tim. This is your fault.

Ermintrude the Cow 10-05-2012 22:32

Yeah. Where's the bloody mod when you need him???

Futurologist 10-05-2012 22:32

If in doubt blame Tim.

cricri 10-05-2012 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManicsTheHedgehog (Post 2463329)

Not knowing the guy you could be right, but unfortunately that's what comes across (does that make sense?)
I don't write reviews because I'm aware of the fact that I can't articulate my thoughts and my feelings in a proper way.