Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

pineapple 23-12-2014 09:47

According to Spotify (your year in review) the song I've listen to most this last year is Facing Page Top Left - I honestly can't remember listening to this song any more than any other in the past year?

sculptureofabloke 23-12-2014 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bathtub (Post 2629772)
As amusing as some of the lyrics are, Patrick Bateman is pretty weak isn't it? I've never totally got on board with the view that it is one of their better b-sides.

I reckon Patrick Bateman would be perfect for a big hard bastard wrestler to walk down the aisle too.

And yeah, probably most likely to play Patrick Bateman over Ghost Of Christmas, they have done Patrick Bateman before and fuck me I hope they avoid December tours for a while, I can't hack it. Although I have heard James say "'appy Christmas" in September before...

mank 23-12-2014 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2629849)
I reckon Patrick Bateman would be perfect for a big hard bastard wrestler to walk down the aisle too.

And yeah, probably most likely to play Patrick Bateman over Ghost Of Christmas, they have done Patrick Bateman before and fuck me I hope they avoid December tours for a while, I can't hack it. Although I have heard James say "'appy Christmas" in September before...

they'd probably have to fill most of Patrick Bateman with beeps unless they use an instrumental!

James' voice sounded perfect on Wednesday night, was panicking like mad when I heard he was ill on the Monday - still reckon at least half of the crowd on the Wednesday were full of cold

Lord Revan 23-12-2014 20:22

Currently resisting the temptation of writing:
From: Despair
To: Where

On the Christmas presents.

hummingbird 23-12-2014 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2629935)
Currently resisting the temptation of writing:
From: Despair
To: Where

On the Christmas presents.

oh go on. You know you want to………..

Lord Revan 23-12-2014 20:36

I wrote from here to there instead..

hummingbird 23-12-2014 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2629937)
I wrote from here to there instead..

:(

mank 24-12-2014 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Revan (Post 2629935)
Currently resisting the temptation of writing:
From: Despair
To: Where

On the Christmas presents.

Wouldn't it be fra & til? ;)

Lord Revan 24-12-2014 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mank (Post 2629967)
Wouldn't it be fra & til? ;)

Most of them, yes! But the ones from Nille are in English.

Too busy soaking in the smell of ribbe to have random Manics thoughts now!

Deets 24-12-2014 22:20

is nicky again in the phase of liking the arctic monkeys or not because i'm lost

Sandrine 25-12-2014 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deets (Post 2630023)
is nicky again in the phase of liking the arctic monkeys or not because i'm lost

:lol:

gracie 26-12-2014 12:36

Random Manic Thought:

What album will inspire the next anniversary tour if there is one?

I'm saying This Is My Truth.

Suicide Aldi 26-12-2014 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciemanics (Post 2630109)
Random Manic Thought:

What album will inspire the next anniversary tour if there is one?

I'm saying This Is My Truth.

That would be an interesting one. Loads of stuff that hasnt been played much over the years.

mrdavidj 26-12-2014 14:11

I'd prefer it if there weren't specific anniversary tours, but that general tours have songs from albums celebrating anniversaries in. Much like this past tour had a Lifeblood song in.

(would we have got 1985 if it wasn't ten years since that album came out?)

Son of Stopped 26-12-2014 14:16

I think them being asked in interviews "Which album are you going to play in full next?" will be their journalistic equivalent to "Sleepflower!".
I was under the impression these shows (Although performed as many times as they like) were a one off type of shows.
But then you never know. These shows have been incredible. The money would be in number 1 album, TIMTTMY as that didn't even get a 10th Anniversary (Nicky admitted in an interview there could have been an 10th Anniversary of that album, but no. And then took it out on a ruler on a desk if I remember) would at least get something for it's 20th.
At least Tolerate getting to number one in more than one country will be more fuel for celebration by the band.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:20.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.