Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

hummingbird 01-01-2012 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter (Post 2413177)
Buying Manics pieces from US sellers on Ebay is like shooting fish in a barrel sometimes, just received in the mail an unplayed copy of the Motown Junk 12" for $18.20US (shipping cost included).

bargain :)

Bobafettish 05-01-2012 15:52

Listening to Archives of Pain, it doesn't count as revision of the Kosovo Conflict does it? Given the reference to Milosevic? No? Oh :(

Flint 05-01-2012 19:34

Had a Manics dream the other night for some reason.

They had a small special gig in a building that vaguely resembled my old school. For the gig they had been joined by piano-playing girl who they kept calling Richey. All seats had a programme-like leaflet on them with handscribbled lyrics of the small set of songs they were going to play, as an encouragement for people to sing along; I can't remember any of the actual songs but I do remember it being very b-side heavy for some reason. Anyway, I had to leave the gig soon after they started for whatever reason because all my dreams always contain bizarre scene changes and all sorts of mental cockteasing, and by the time I returned it was all over. I was quite miffed about forgetting to pick up my lyrics sheet when I left and there was none to spare after the gig.

Welcome to my subconscious.

hummingbird 07-01-2012 23:17

why doesnt the official site have anything about the o2 gig in it's latest News feed?

Deets 07-01-2012 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2417259)
Had a Manics dream the other night for some reason.

They had a small special gig in a building that vaguely resembled my old school. For the gig they had been joined by piano-playing girl who they kept calling Richey. All seats had a programme-like leaflet on them with handscribbled lyrics of the small set of songs they were going to play, as an encouragement for people to sing along; I can't remember any of the actual songs but I do remember it being very b-side heavy for some reason. Anyway, I had to leave the gig soon after they started for whatever reason because all my dreams always contain bizarre scene changes and all sorts of mental cockteasing, and by the time I returned it was all over. I was quite miffed about forgetting to pick up my lyrics sheet when I left and there was none to spare after the gig.

Welcome to my subconscious.

in Appreciation we have a special place for this sort of things...

http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/for...?t=330&page=47

honestly I don't understand why you normal people don't visit the Appreciation more often. yes i know, there's this 'I LOVE THEM SO I HATE THEM SO I CAN'T APPRECIATE'-policy. but we're a lovely bunch of people who only exchange nice pictures of the band-members.

okay, i was lying, it's a filthy and dirty place, don't you dare coming there unless you're ready to hear the fangirls' ovaries exploding.

/very random FD thought.

Midlands_Junk 08-01-2012 16:42

Hang on. Why exactly does James stop playing guitar and run up the wall for a flip in the video for Tolerate? There's really no need.

The Gutless Wonder 08-01-2012 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk (Post 2418925)
Hang on. Why exactly does James stop playing guitar and run up the wall for a flip in the video for Tolerate? There's really no need.

That's one of the best bits of the video! :p

He glances over his shoulder at that flashing light thingy behind him and then does the epic bid for freedom. Unfortunately there is what appears to be a telephone cable attached to him and so a third of the way up the wall is as far as he can go.

Yes, I have watched that video far too many times obviously! :lol:

Son of Stopped 08-01-2012 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlands_Junk (Post 2418925)
Hang on. Why exactly does James stop playing guitar and run up the wall for a flip in the video for Tolerate? There's really no need.

Because if Nicky did it he would have been too tall and cracked his head on the ceiling causing him to fall back to the floor clutching his head going "Ah! Bastard! Ah! Ahhh! Bastard!" as Sean and James pissed themselves laughing at him.

Would if still have got to number one if that had happened?

hummingbird 08-01-2012 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Stopped (Post 2419027)
Because if Nicky did it he would have been too tall and cracked his head on the ceiling causing him to fall back to the floor clutching his head going "Ah! Bastard! Ah! Ahhh! Bastard!" as Sean and James pissed themselves laughing at him.

Would if still have got to number one if that had happened?

it would've been the worlds best selling single ever. Record still to be beaten today probably.

The Gutless Wonder 08-01-2012 19:39

Now Nicky should have stood up against the wall and James should have clambered up on to his shoulders. Sean could have then vaulted from his drum kit and landed on James' shoulders. I'm not sure what would have happened after that but it would have looked fab! :D

Son of Stopped 08-01-2012 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2419036)
Now Nicky should have stood up against the wall and James should have clambered up on to his shoulders. Sean could have then vaulted from his drum kit and landed on James' shoulders. I'm not sure what would have happened after that but it would have looked fab! :D

Of formed a human pyramid with Nicky on top at the end of the video.

Flint 08-01-2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Gutless Wonder (Post 2419025)
That's one of the best bits of the video! :p

He glances over his shoulder at that flashing light thingy behind him and then does the epic bid for freedom. Unfortunately there is what appears to be a telephone cable attached to him and so a third of the way up the wall is as far as he can go.

Yes, I have watched that video far too many times obviously! :lol:

Let's not forget his intense staring during the whole scene. You can almost hear him thinking "right, this is it... it's coming, my big bit, gotta remember the script... okay GO!"!

The Gutless Wonder 08-01-2012 20:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 2419074)
Let's not forget his intense staring during the whole scene. You can almost hear him thinking "right, this is it... it's coming, my big bit, gotta remember the script... okay GO!"!

He! He!

James' stare! *sigh*

IanL 08-01-2012 21:33

VERY random thought..I have just realised that none of the band are wearing any strides in the "Love's sweet exile " video ....

Sandrine 08-01-2012 21:34

Why do so many people despise Send Away The Tigers ? Some songs are brilliant : Underdogs, Imperial bodybags, and others are very good songs : Send Away The Tigers, I'm Just A Pasty


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:08.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.