Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Manic Street Preachers Discussion (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Random Manics thoughts... (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56592)

BeautyBeyondLust 11-11-2014 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow (Post 2623409)
Just watched a video of Shirley Bassey rehearsing The Girl from Tiger Bay. She was trying to figure out how some lyrics fit the melody, and said "Too many words". Imagine if she'd attempted Yes. :lol:

Please, please can this happen.

Son of Stopped 11-11-2014 19:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNcyFNMfLM

It would mean "Yes" sounding like this though? Are you sure Y/N?!

sculptureofabloke 13-11-2014 11:00

Just updated my Manics collection spreadsheet. I'm past 550 recordings now, shit :eek:

Ofcourse, this doesn't include t-shirts, posters, books, tour programmes, mugs, shop displays... Help me.

Strawberry 29-11-2014 08:38

I'm just listening to Frank Skinner's radio programme. I always listen to it every Saturday. Anyroad, they had a discussion about Manic Street Preachers and where the name came from.

sculptureofabloke 29-11-2014 08:43

I love the name and the story behind it. I do worry sometimes telling people my favourite band are Manic Street Preachers though. Even if they've not heard any if their stuff, have no idea who they are, they're gonna hear the name and think god they sound a laugh, I bet he's a right miserable cunt. Which I am, but that's besides the point... Somehow

sculptureofabloke 29-11-2014 09:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2623415)
Urgh, I bought a VG+ condition Spanish LP of Gold Against The Soul a few months back. Seam split, inner sleeve missing, vinyl scratchy.. Wankers.

Ooh, just found someone selling the sleeve only for €2, may be salvageable yet. Not sure if inner's with it but sod it. Might frame the split one.

Scarecrow 29-11-2014 19:17

Love hearing Motorcycle Emptiness on the radio and knowing that many listeners and radio producers don't realise James totally sang the word "shit".

BeautyBeyondLust 30-11-2014 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by NasalScarecrow (Post 2625183)
Love hearing Motorcycle Emptiness on the radio and knowing that many listeners and radio producers don't realise James totally sang the word "shit".

It always raises a smile when I see it on the music video channels and it's never muted. Win.

sculptureofabloke 30-11-2014 21:33

Quote:

It is quite an elongated shit to be fair.

Littlesue 30-11-2014 21:38

Quote:

I never realised that, although I found it really hard to make out what James sings in most of their tracks.

Dac X Lee 01-12-2014 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2625269)
It is quite an elongated shit to be fair.

One after a rich holliday's dinner. :)

sculptureofabloke 01-12-2014 13:22

I'm listening to You Love Us. Not sure if it's the album or single version yet mind, my iPod's all the way over there plugged into a speaker. Wonder if they'll play it next week.

EDIT: Oh, it was the album version.

Deets 01-12-2014 17:59

I had no idea what I preordered in THB anniversary set until like last Friday

pineapple 12-12-2014 16:45

In work listening to The Intense Humming of Evil on Spotify web. The album is immediately interrupted by a perky spotify ad right after the song saying 'love pop - you'll love our Justin Beiber playlist'.

Seemed somewhat incongruous .... not to mention a complete misfire on audience demographic by Spotify

Strawberry 13-12-2014 20:14

Perhaps it's because James Dean Bradfield and Justin (Drew) Bieber have the same initials. :p