Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum

Forever Delayed - The Independent Manics Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Live Forum (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   This Is My Truth 2018 Boxset and tour(?) (http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=62749)

Automatik 20-02-2018 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyle (Post 2669922)
I understand the David Holmes mix of Tolerate got a harshly mixed reception but I for one like it a lot. It's wonderfully chill and I like the glacially slow buildup throughout.

Yeah, I really like it too. It's definitely up there with the other floaty ones we mentioned.

I suppose people just don't have the patience for a ten minute remix, though, alas.

sculptureofabloke 22-02-2018 12:23

Do remixes still happen? Love some of the remixes but think the band/label have a bit of a checkered history with em really. I've got all the 12" remix promos from 94-02 and I love having them in my collection, very rarely listen to any of em mind. Looking back now, I find it kinda funny that they exist at all. My white label Lionrock remix of Australia has a feedback sheet with it - when and where was that going to get played? Wonder if there was a point when labels were pressing promos more for collectors than DJs.

Interesting the stuff that has and hasn't been remixed too. Course I've never done a remix meself so I'm not sure what people are looking for when they decide to do one, but think stuff like The Love Of Richard Nixon, Empty Souls and Your Love Alone sound more remixable than Pretension/Repulsion. As far as This Is My Truth goes, there are a couple of tracks on the 12" promos that never made it onto the cds, wonder if there's owt else that never made it onto the promos. Or course, if any of the sods who did the Journal mixes but weren't around in 98 fancy having a pop. Could be interesting.

UEF 22-02-2018 12:37

The Journal for Plague Lovers remixes were pretty cool

sculptureofabloke 22-02-2018 12:49

Me vinyl's still sealed :-/ Quite liked the This Joke Sport Severed and Me And Stephen Hawking ones mind, should brush up on others.

UEF 22-02-2018 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by sculptureofabloke (Post 2669971)
Me vinyl's still sealed :-/ Quite liked the This Joke Sport Severed and Me And Stephen Hawking ones mind, should brush up on others.

I think my favourite one is Pretension/Repulsion, which sort of has James speaking in tongues.

Automatik 22-02-2018 15:52

The Jonathan Krisp remix of Bag Lady is the highlight for me, but I adore all the JFPL remixes with the stark exception of The Horrors remix of Door Closing Slowly, because it isn't anything. I really like the Horrors, but felt they couldn't be arsed there.

Remixes do still happen - the Erol Alkan remixes of Europa Geht Durch Mich were the most recent. Unfortunately remixes have fallen victim to the death of the single - the role of a remix was very often a space-filler on a single.

sculptureofabloke 22-02-2018 16:01

Ah course, forgot I'd bought the Europa Geht Durch Mich vinyl.. oops.

darkanddivine 23-02-2018 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik (Post 2669975)
Remixes do still happen - the Erol Alkan remixes of Europa Geht Durch Mich were the most recent. Unfortunately remixes have fallen victim to the death of the single - the role of a remix was very often a space-filler on a single.

A good example of remixes done well is the recent (ish) RMX/RBN project where she got people to remix iconic songs of hers. It's not a big release, but keeps things ticking over. Without singles they'd probably go straight on streaming services, but could be fun nonetheless.

burnleybassman 01-05-2018 11:08

I realise that everyone is in full RiF mode at the moment, but has there been any further whispers on a 20th anniversary release for TIMTTMY this year? I still hope that they go ahead with this as it was around the time that I got into the band so holds a lot of fond memories.

I'm guessing that they may also be gauging how successful RiF is first before they make a final decision on another anniversary release?

Jimi A 01-05-2018 11:10

Should be one in September.

UEF 01-05-2018 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi A (Post 2673029)

*sets £100 aside*

Would've thought closer to the end of the year, to tie in with the Xmas gigs.

That said, the US tour is in November... !

burnleybassman 01-05-2018 16:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by UEF (Post 2673031)
Would've thought closer to the end of the year, to tie in with the Xmas gigs.

That said, the US tour is in November... !

What, what - what?!

Routine Builder 01-05-2018 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimi A (Post 2673029)

Press release incoming?

Europa Gluten Free 01-05-2018 17:38

I would just love them to acknowledge the album. It's a great collection of songs, great b-sides, and a great era.

Routine Builder 01-05-2018 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnleybassman (Post 2673046)
What, what - what?!

According to one person who asked them after a recent gig if they'll do an American tour with the response being "November".